Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    This is more for amusement or academic curiosity than for a working blueprint, but I was wondering about what some people feel are the key components to being able to defeat Mythic content. For example, if you had a group of raiders dedicated to the concept of beating mythic, even if it took a few months, is it feasible, or is it something where if, there is no reasonable success in a few weeks that it likely wouldn't happen?

How much of a weekly time commitment would a group need to complete mythic before the next raid tier for example?

I would especially like to hear from folks who had challenges on the way to completing Mythic raids and beat them, or if they couldn't, what felt like the major roadblocks to success?

Thanks for the feedback.
    It doesn't take much to raid mythic in month 15 or whatever.

I would say any group that doesn't put in at least 8 hours a week will struggle to clear early tiers, and even then it will take skill to do it in so few hours.

Biggest roadblock to success is telling the GMs GF she can't play as a holy priest.

Deleted
    Depends what kind of "Mythic" we are talking here. Are we talking 13/13 in 4 months or 14 months after nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    If you didn't clear Mythic in the first 5-6 weeks of patch drop, then you are not really a competitive Mythic Raider.
    How stupid. The world 100th guild cleared HFC in 3.5 months and world 50th cleared in 3months. Going off your timeline only the top 3 guilds in the world are competitive raiders.
    Last edited by Khorm; 2016-06-15 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    How stupid. The world 100th guild cleared HFC in 3.5 months and world 50th cleared in 3months. Going off your timeline only the top 3 guilds in the world are competitive raiders.
    sounds about right for mmo-champion shitposting
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    That's not the main reason the statement is fallacious. Competitiveness depends on various factors, not just what progress your guild has. Some players are weaker physically so they can still be competitive on lower ranked, or some players might be competitive and play with less competitive players, or some players may start hard mode late.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is more for amusement or academic curiosity than for a working blueprint, but I was wondering about what some people feel are the key components to being able to defeat Mythic content. For example, if you had a group of raiders dedicated to the concept of beating mythic, even if it took a few months, is it feasible, or is it something where if, there is no reasonable success in a few weeks that it likely wouldn't happen?

How much of a weekly time commitment would a group need to complete mythic before the next raid tier for example?

I would especially like to hear from folks who had challenges on the way to completing Mythic raids and beat them, or if they couldn't, what felt like the major roadblocks to success?

Thanks for the feedback.
    I've only done 11/13M this tier - but based on my past experience as a raider, both heroic and regular - I'd agree with most of the posters above - roster & mechanics are the keys. If you can do amazing dps but die in fire, you're useless. My current mythic guild struggled the most with roster, not bosses, especially late in the xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfury View Post
    I've only done 11/13M this tier - but based on my past experience as a raider, both heroic and regular - I'd agree with most of the posters above - roster & mechanics are the keys. If you can do amazing dps but die in fire, you're useless. My current mythic guild struggled the most with roster, not bosses, especially late in the xpac.
    That would be because the bosses were not difficult with high level rings, let alone with valor.

10+ Year Old Account
    his timeline is off but the point is still true. after a certain point, clearing mythic means nothing. this is coming from someone who cleared mythic long after that point and i don't really think much of it. blizzard also agrees, since they sent a beta wave with a cutoff date to players they think are worth hearing feedback from. mythic bosses really do become heroic bosses after farming some gear.

There is only one thing needed to complete mythic dungeons: Everyone in the group having the willingness to put in due diligence.

It doesnt matter how "skilled" a player is, it doesnt matter how skilled YOU are - If 15 people put in 100% effort in knowing their class and knowing mechanics but 5 people couldnt care less - bosses dont die.
    Science the shit out of it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    blizzard also agrees, since they sent a beta wave with a cutoff date to players they think are worth hearing feedback from.
    You read too much into it. If you send mass invites to my guild that killed archimonde a few weeks ago, you'll have half of them not entering at all, and half of them picking pets. If you do the same on Method, you'll have them all test raiding the next day as a full group.

It's generally the highest chance you get to actually get some proper raid testing if you invite the best guilds, it's not just "they are skilled".

What's stupid is the notion that aiming for top ~100 is somehow "competitive" when the mythic scene isn't that big to begin with.

Your guild might be hardcore, but definitely not "competitive". Being competitive means cutting edge progression, aka top ~10 world at most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    There is only one thing needed to complete mythic dungeons: Everyone in the group having the willingness to put in due diligence.

It doesnt matter how "skilled" a player is, it doesnt matter how skilled YOU are - If 15 people put in 100% effort in knowing their class and knowing mechanics but 5 people couldnt care less - bosses dont die.
    Untrue for most guilds.

There are always players at the bottom rung in pretty much every guild that isn't cutting edge(and even then), the trick is to get good rng, like having all the tricky mechanics target your best players, or just farm enough gear that you can outgear the boss.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    What's stupid is the notion that aiming for top ~100 is somehow "competitive" when the mythic scene isn't that big to begin with.

Your guild might be hardcore, but definitely not "competitive". Being competitive means cutting edge progression, aka top ~10 world at most.
    What is more stupid is the notion that there is only one tier of "competitive".

My flag football team isnt going to be playing in the damn super bowl anytime soon... doesnt mean its not competitive.

What is more stupid is the notion that there is only one tier of "competitive".

My flag football team isnt going to be playing in the damn super bowl anytime soon... doesnt mean its not competitive.
    Yeah well, that's just shifting goalposts and making up your own context.

"Herp derp we are competitive - aiming for a full heroic clear 6 months into the tier before the other guilds on the server"
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Deleted
    This is more for amusement or academic curiosity than for a working blueprint, but I was wondering about what some people feel are the key components to being able to defeat Mythic content.
    Patience.

what felt like the major roadblocks to success?
    Lack of patience.

There might be a pattern here.

Untrue for most guilds.

There are always players at the bottom rung in pretty much every guild that isn't cutting edge(and even then), the trick is to get good rng, like having all the tricky mechanics target your best players, or just farm enough gear that you can outgear the boss.
    You use the term "most" as if 51% of all raiding guilds that exist have cleared Mythic Archi. Good job.

You use the term "most" as if 51% of all raiding guilds that exist have cleared Mythic Archi. Good job.
    Strawman alert beep boop

I mentioned nothing related to Mythic Archi. Good job.

Yeah well, that's just shifting goalposts and making up your own context.

"Herp derp we are competitive - aiming for a full heroic clear 6 months into the tier before the other guilds on the server"
    I mean im sorry but a realm first kill that is still 80th world is still competitive. Id assume the the guild that got it and the guild that came in 2nd on the server felt it was competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Strawman alert beep boop

I mentioned nothing related to Mythic Archi. Good job.
    Youre right, you didnt. But i mean the context of the thread is about clearing content. Mythic Archi is pretty fuckin relevant.

Deleted
    20 people.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the feedback.
    The bolded part:
    100% depended on the skillcap, learningcurve of the other 19 raiders. 1 very good skilled raider will not clear the raid in time if he's surrounded by those less fortunate.

What it takes to be mythic raiders:
    Basicly it comes down to
    1) COMMUNICATION !!
    2) DEDICATION (plan real life arround your raid schedule)
    3) .... ?
    4) HAVE 1 BRAIN CELL (to learn encounters!)
    ......... ?????????

5) be somewhat decent at your class .... this is most likely the least important one .... If your loved by your raid team you could possibly end up being carried by the rest even ....
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Youre right, you didnt. But i mean the context of the thread is about clearing content. Mythic Archi is pretty fuckin relevant.
    Well yeah, if you bothered to read instead of just engaging in your own brand of verbal diarrhea, you would realize I just said that most raiding guilds outside of the absolute cream-of-the-crop guilds will have a few bottom feeders. Meanwhile, you are blathering on about guilds that killed mythic archimonde just because it's tangentially related, well, that made a lot of sense. Not.

If it were anywhere near true that if everyone doesn't respect/performed the mechanics the boss would not be dead, then there would be way fewer guilds that cleared mythic.

I mean im sorry but a realm first kill that is still 80th world is still competitive. Id assume the the guild that got it and the guild that came in 2nd on the server felt it was competitive.
    No, that's just after all the top rankings have been taken and you are fighting for the scraps. That's patently not "competitive" in the context of competitive raiding.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-06-15 at 06:50 PM.