Quote Originally Posted by schoeps View Post
    Can we talk plastic cup now?

Mods closed the thread because they are lame.

(snip)
    Oh shit I actually spit.

Oh my god...

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Oh shit I actually spit.

Oh my god...
    Immersion RU-EENED!

Anyone else really disappointed there wasn't an infernal in goldshire?

Saw it last night, and thought it was pretty good. Not amazing but pretty good. The jumps between scenes were a bit much at times, but that could be due to wanting to compress so much story in the time allotted.

Plus it was nice to mentally say. Oh I know who that is, what that place is, and so on and so on.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    What.

You're accusing The Hobbit, which liberally included bits from the LotR Appendices - and then some - that weren't actually part of The Hobbit story, of being too condensed?
    I'm not talking about the book, I'm talking about the movie being cut down from its full length into a series of action sequences. The extended edition flows better and fills in all the missing details that the execs thought were a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    I'm not talking about the book, I'm talking about the movie being cut down from its full length into a series of action sequences. The extended edition flows better and fills in all the missing details that the execs thought were a waste of time.
    I'm talking about the movie.

Warcraft Movie gone Big Time in China

Opens in Australia Today "YAY"

http://www.wired.com/2016/06/warcraf...-blockbusters/

Legendary Pictures’ Warcraft opened in the United States with just over $24 million at the box office. For a summer blockbuster that cost an estimated $160 million to make, that’s a flop any way you look at it; in fact, it made less in its opening weekend than recent summer flops Battleship, The Lone Ranger, even Fantastic Four.

But in China, Warcraft isn’t just doing better than it did in the U.S.—it’s breaking records. In five days, the film raked in $156 million, beating out last year’s Furious 7 to become the country’s highest-grossing opening for a foreign-produced film. To put that in the context of last year’s undisputed global hit: in China, Warcraft made more in five days than Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens did in its entire theatrical run ($124 million).

There’s a distinct possibility that Warcraft 2 goes into production, is fully financed in China, and does not get a major North American release,” Bock says. After all, with nearly 800 million moviegoers, it’s the biggest game in town—even bigger than World of Warcraft itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Isn't it glass?
    It is glass. I watched the silly clip a dozen times and despite all the silly slow motion reply at no point does the "cup" bend or anything, suggesting it's plastic. It's a damn glass tumbler.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    SNIP....

There’s a distinct possibility that Warcraft 2 goes into production, is fully financed in China, and does not get a major North American release,” Bock says. After all, with nearly 800 million moviegoers, it’s the biggest game in town—even bigger than World of Warcraft itself.
    That would be fine with me.

Maybe some of that fanaticism would get us a better movie. Doesn't really matter who makes it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I rate it 7/10 as a (big) fan of the game and lore

upsides: family friendly, good story, comic relief scenes, beautiful scenery and music, superb cgi, eastereggs

downsides: family friendly, simple story, not dark enough, shallow characters, lack of depth, lack of graphic violence, happy ending

for a movie about war, it fails to really show you the strife and fear you'd expect, several characters are as 2 dimensional as they can get and the story even though it's nice to see it from a second point of view through Durotan is ultimately very simplistic and doesn't really engage you intellectually

it's good at what it does, which is being a fast paced action adventure film that is approachable, easy to process and fun to watch, it also allows you to bring your kids since there's no profanity, sexual content or extreme violence

however I would rate it 10/10 if it were darker, grittier, a good bit longer and more complex and if the ending hadn't been a happy one, I can see why someone who's not a fan of the game would rate it lower, something like 4-5/10
    Last edited by sheggaro; 2016-06-15 at 11:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I wasn't going to go, but I got an invite from someone who offered to pay my way ( after I told them I don't pay to watch video game movies anymore). Here's my thoughts:

Wooden acting on the part of many, especially the Lothar guy. Especially apparent when he watches his son get gutted.

Pacing was all over the place. felt like to me that Jones couldn't decide how to make it flow scene to scene or within scenes, and just made random choices.

CGI looked bad to me, especially the orcs.

5/10

Anyone else pissed when he said take my bird? No its not a fucking bird its a griff!
    It's like picking between two block's nacking your wife.- G nev

Quote Originally Posted by Giggsy View Post
    Anyone else pissed when he said take my bird? No its not a fucking bird its a griff!
    Speaking of gryphons, the gryphons in the movie have kind of grown on me. I was very skeptical on why they gave the gryphons ears, but looking back, I think it might have actually been the better option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I rate it 7/10 as a (big) fan of the game and lore

upsides: family friendly, good story, comic relief scenes, beautiful scenery and music, superb cgi, eastereggs

downsides: family friendly, simple story, not dark enough, shallow characters, lack of depth, lack of graphic violence, happy ending

for a movie about war, it fails to really show you the strife and fear you'd expect, several characters are as 2 dimensional as they can get and the story even though it's nice to see it from a second point of view through Durotan is ultimately very simplistic and doesn't really engage you intellectually

it's good at what it does, which is being a fast paced action adventure film that is approachable, easy to process and fun to watch, it also allows you to bring your kids since there's no profanity, sexual content or extreme violence

however I would rate it 10/10 if it were darker, grittier, a good bit longer and more complex and if the ending hadn't been a happy one, I can see why someone who's not a fan of the game would rate it lower, something like 4-5/10
    I don't think the ending was that happy actually. Quite a few of the 'more important' characters died and the war hasn't ended nor is Gul'dan dead. I'd say the ending is really open, which is something I sorta disliked but was also okay with at the same time..

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Speaking of gryphons, the gryphons in the movie have kind of grown on me. I was very skeptical on why they gave the gryphons ears, but looking back, I think it might have actually been the better option.
    Griffins traditionally have ears.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griffin
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I am a big fan of the lore and the Warcraft series. Rated the movie 5/10.

It has amazing art, cinematography, music, CGI.
    But the story-telling? The pacing? The actors? They didn't trasmit a single emotion to me. The movie felt rushed and soul-less to me.

And don't get me started on the Dad-Son forced relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    My guess is this came up to bad editing, there was something like 40 minutes of footage cut. So i'm definitely interested in seeing what they choose to cut.
    The movie had like 3 combat scenes in the first 30 minutes haha

I also would like to see the cut footage.

Quote Originally Posted by schoeps View Post
    Can we talk plastic cup now?

Mods closed the thread because they are lame.
    Looks like glass

And we do have plastic in azeroth, goblins have a ton

Quote Originally Posted by Troyan View Post
    I've seen this silly mantra mentioned dozen times when discussing this movie.

WoW means World of Warcraft, it is the acronym of the most popular and well known computer game based on this world. The movie happens in the world that represents warcraft. Calling this movie a WoW movie doesn't mean it has a story from one of the expansions, patches, questlines, etc... It is a movie that happens in that world, a movie that happens in the world of warcraft, so anyone can freely call it a WoW movie. If you really wanna be a technical smartass come up with a comment that it's not a movie based on the stories of World of warcraft computer game, but nobody claims that anyway...
    It's not my bad you think the Warcraft franchise is just World of Warcraft.