Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really think the Steam VR benchmark shouldn't even be used for anything. Sure it's a fun little tool, but it's an FPS benchmark. All AMD cards aimed for a consistent 100 FPS or so with some latency variances from weaker to stronger cards, however Nvidia's is extremely sporadic with very high and low FPS gains / drops and thus has a higher score for the equivalent card but does net a worse VR experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Average Joe can only read the FPS meter

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Good Lord... BACK TO THE 4870x2 ERA!
    Also What in the fuck man... ASUS with Hentai Schoolgirls? Tafuk?
    And that moment you know you're an ignorant asshole

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    I claim to be an asshole yes but not ignorant
    I was joking of course but I am most deffo an asshole!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    I don't know, the idea of Hentai school girls is pretty bad. Everyone knows they don't grow breasts at that age. They should put Faye Reagan, cause she's a red head and AMD is red. Also two graphic cards is pretty dumb to achieve GTX 1080 performance. I can't afford a 1000w power supply. Stupid AMD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I don't know, the idea of Hentai school girls is pretty bad. Everyone knows they don't grow breasts at that age. They should put Faye Reagan, cause she's a red head and AMD is red. Also two graphic cards is pretty dumb to achieve GTX 1080 performance. I can't afford a 1000w power supply. Stupid AMD.
    Um...doesnt the RX480 only require 1-6pin for the reference version? I can run that setup off of my 700W PSU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Um...doesnt the RX480 only require 1-6pin for the reference version? I can run that setup off of my 700W PSU.
    Yup.

Deleted
    You could probably even get away with a good quality 550 watt model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Ah, that brings back memories........http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/0...ia-card-r.html NSFW btw :P
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    That post I made was a joke. Weren't suppose to take it seriously. Faye Reagan should have been a clue.

Deleted
    WCCFtech is fueling the hypetrain for the 480...

Let’s start off with pricing. AMD’s RX 480 4GB will sell for as low as $199 and the 8GB version for around $29-$39 more. Custom versions from AMD’s add-in-board partners with unique cooling solutions, over-engineered power delivery circuitry and custom PCBs will naturally sell for more than that.
    We’re told that AMD’s partners are preparing a huge array of graphics card options. Including some serious “beast mode” 8GB cards that will sell for up to $299 and overclock to the moon. We’ll tell you more about those custom cards in due time, but today we’re going to be talking strictly about AMD’s reference designed 4GB and 8GB RX 480 graphics cards which will officially retail on the 29th of June.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-faste...#ixzz4BekpEkkA

Isnt 1350 a low OC on a 980? Dont most hit like 1500?

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    1500 is pretty close to the top end of what they hit I think, with some of the best factory OCed ones being around 1300. Since most people don't OC their GPUs, I think going with near or slightly over the max of the factory OCed cards is a good comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. 1400-1450 is the more or less the expected OC. 1500 is your higher binned chip. That said, most factory clocks are 1300~ to play it safe really. They can't advertise 1500 clock and silicon lottery slaps em or system differences cause it may fail.

Not bad at all if the leaks are correct even tho its hard to believe they are faster or on par with a 980. I was fully expecting it to slot between a 970 and 980 but closer to the 970.

Deleted
    Not bad at all if the leaks are correct even tho its hard to believe they are faster or on par with a 980. I was fully expecting it to slot between a 970 and 980 but closer to the 970.
    I think the problem with the leaks might be the different clockspeeds. This one shows 1266, while others have shown 1080.

Just 2 more weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I think the problem with the leaks might be the different clockspeeds. This one shows 1266, while others have shown 1080.

Just 2 more weeks
    The article explains that 1080 is the base clock and 1266 the boost clock.
    Both the 4GB and 8GB versions are based on the exact same Polaris 10 XT GPU & both of them will give the R9 Nano and GTX 980 a real run for their money in terms of performance per dollar. The RX 480 cards feature a base clock speed of 1080Mhz and a boost clock speed of 1266Mhz out of the box. The cards will always run at the boost clock while gaming except in synthetic stress tests like Furmark.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-faste...#ixzz4BgJDKw3u
    So maybe the earlier things were just using the base clock or perhaps the drivers available at the time only ran at base clock.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question remaining about Polaris and the RX480 is how high we can clock the GPU.

Judging by the manufacturing process alone, Samsung clocks their Exynos M1 of the Exynos 8890 (it's the big core of a big.LITTLE configuration) up to 2.6GHz. It's a completely different chip and also way smaller so it shouldn't be comparable, but we probably can expect some headroom since some partners are apparently preparing watercooled variants of the RX480. You certainly don't need a WC for default clocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    New manufacturing process may not give Polaris great overclocking ability. Look at what 16nm FinFET did for Nvidia's 1080. I'm thinking it's not mature enough for amazing overclocks.

Some more Firestrike Scores to compare