Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Not really... I am saying you don't need it to easily complete the content. I understand some people may want it.
    99.9999% of people agree with you. I'm just saying people want it.

10+ Year Old Account
    TW is supposed to be easy enough that you don't need to out-gear it. But in my experience, my twink-set has saved me from a very large number of would-be wipes that were caused by abysmal players.

I know they won't, but it'd be nice if they kept the bonuses active in TW at least.

And as a side note can someone explain to me the problem of an old tier set bonus being unusable because, say, a class lost that talent/skill. They simply would just not use that tier? Right? So no need at all to go back and change them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Those are the groups I get that everyone is doing 1k dps or less..
    Nah, those are the people that just can't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    99.9999% of people agree with you. I'm just saying people want it.
    This. I am in no way saying BIS is needed for TW. They are a nostalgic joke. But, just because people dont need them does not mean people dont enjoy the BIS/Godhood/Speed of it all. And Blizz looks to be killing it for ABSOLUTELY NO reason.

They dont want to go back and tweak old sets.....Then dont. The classes with sets like that simply wont use them.

What other reasons?

I use my current PvE gear for Timewalking and do just fine... (712 ilvl Fury Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I use my current PvE gear for Timewalking and do just fine... (712 ilvl Fury Warrior)
    Again this is not about crying over how hard TW will be without BIS. They are damn ear doable naked. Its about Blizz spanking a baby with an axe when the baby didnt even need spanked in the first place, just a smack on the wrist(current content cheaters)

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do fine without special gear; it's not required to beat the dungeons. It's just fun to smash the meters, especially as a spec that usually sucks for dungeons. I play a Feral druid and in regular dungeons I'm used to sitting square at the bottom, but I can do double the damage of non-min-maxed players in Timewalking, even against specs that are traditionally great for dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrathia View Post
    Way too lazy to search to see if this was answered but. It was firelands tier set for arcane that we are using. If you cast it at 1 with arcane power and a switchset macro it reduces your mana consumption during Arcane power by an additional 10% I believe. (could be twenty have raided in a few weeks)
    Easily fixed by just adjusting that one set bonus instead of disabling all of them.

As far as set bonuses no longer working with current talents, don't use them. I don't use set bonuses that boost my pet damage as an MM hunter. There is no reason why Blizzard would go back and change old tier sets to work with Legion abilities and talents when they have never done that before, and as far as I know, obsolete specs (armor pen, defense, hit) are changed to the new spec or removed on all gear in the game at the same time.

Its effect on TW is just another example that Blizzard doesn't know/care about what people find fun in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Easily fixed by just adjusting that one set bonus instead of disabling all of them.

As far as set bonuses no longer working with current talents, don't use them. I don't use set bonuses that boost my pet damage as an MM hunter. There is no reason why Blizzard would go back and change old tier sets to work with Legion abilities and talents when they have never done that before, and as far as I know, obsolete specs (armor pen, defense, hit) are changed to the new spec or removed on all gear in the game at the same time.

Its effect on TW is just another example that Blizzard doesn't know/care about what people find fun in the game.

^100% gets it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    This isn't the first set bonus people have done this with, so I can understand why they think this is a good solution. I do think they should let them keep working in Timewalking though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagarle View Post
    Again this is not about crying over how hard TW will be without BIS. They are damn ear doable naked. Its about Blizz spanking a baby with an axe when the baby didnt even need spanked in the first place, just a smack on the wrist(current content cheaters)
    There is really no point to any of this discussion. Sure Blizzard did not need to go back and disable set bonuses for Timewalking, but they did not make these dungeons impossible without them so what is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    You can do fine without special gear; it's not required to beat the dungeons.
    Exactly, the dungeons are not impossible without the old set bonuses. No need for the whine about this change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    My buddy warlucia, and even myself will be a little put off on it - we loved pushing big numbers in old content by min/maxing from HFC set bonus's/Legendaries/certain ring procs, etc etc. TBH, of course it doesn't matter to GOOD PLAYERS. I've actually wiped a few times out of the 50-75-100 TimeWalking's I've completed due to the tank just being absolutely incredibly BAD, and not being able to keep him up after chain pulling mobs in the TK instances... (TBC). Obviously again, we min/max for fun - this is FUN FOR US, this isn't current wow breaking mechanics swifty 1shot macro 420 blaze it.. this is just us going into time walking and absolutely doing 90% of the damage, and not even paying attention to the rest of the group (If we team up, I can heal him pretty much through anything, the two times I wiped.. he wasn't there).

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, the dungeons are not impossible without the old set bonuses. No need for the whine about this change.
    ...Way to cut out the actual reason from the post so you can pretend to agree with it.

...Way to cut out the actual reason from the post so you can pretend to agree with it.
    Because topping meters is a legitimate reason to keep the old set bonuses... /s Once again, players can still complete Timewalking dungeons without them so there is no issue!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because topping meters is a legitimate reason to keep the old set bonuses... /s Once again, players can still complete Timewalking dungeons without them so there is no issue!
    No one's arguing that the dungeons can't be done without the extra gear. You're changing the argument so you can pretend you're right while ignoring the actual argument being presented.

No one's arguing that the dungeons can't be done without the extra gear. You're changing the argument so you can pretend you're right while ignoring the actual argument being presented.
    Then why let Blizzard nerf old raids? That is not fun!!! Why add more ilvls destroying challenges that used to be there? That is not fun!!! /s Your argument is based on what is fun TO YOU, and not is only backed by subjective and personal preferences. Some players hate the min-maxing that occurs even on the Timewalking level and do not want to see it, or feel forced to farm old raids for sets only to be used for five dungeons every month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why let Blizzard nerf old raids? That is not fun!!! Why add more ilvls destroying challenges that used to be there? That is not fun!!! /s Your argument is based on what is fun TO YOU, and not is only backed by subjective and personal preferences. Some players hate the min-maxing that occurs even on the Timewalking level and do not want to see it, or feel forced to farm old raids for sets only to be used for five dungeons every month.
    There, see? Now you're actually discussing the issue. Was that so hard to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    People can complete Mythic Hellfire in whatever gear they had, doesn't mean they don't want the nice shinies that Mythic Archimonde drops.

Who is forced to min/max? How does someone min/maxing negatively affect you? Oh damn, that dungeon I was in went faster than usual, I hate other people !!!! /rabble rabble rabble

Seriously, I barely come across anyone min/maxed in TW, so not a great deal of people feeling forced to do it there.

There, see? Now you're actually discussing the issue. Was that so hard to do?
    I do not even need to make this argument - your reasoning is shit and not a concern to the balance of Timewalking dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    People can complete Mythic Hellfire in whatever gear they had, doesn't mean they don't want the nice shinies that Mythic Archimonde drops.
    So run Timewalking dungeons if you like, if not do not? You make no sense...