Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Yea, damn dude. It probably won't even be possible to clear timewalking dungeons after this change, rip.
    That's utter hyperbolic bullshit. I've cleared dozens of TWing dungeons with some of the most casual-minded players you can imagine, and not a single one of us put an iota of thought into 'wut sets we need 2 clear these?' We just ran them and handled the mechanics properly.

If you needed old set bonuses and swapping gear around to beat TWing dungeons, you are the problem.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

They should just disable the sets in raids and mythic dungeons imo. They didn't do any harm in casual content.

The only things I ever switched out for TW were legendaries. Going through my old tier sets and trinkets and shit just seemed like a lot of work for little to no reason. TW is easy enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    That's utter hyperbolic bullshit. I've cleared dozens of TWing dungeons with some of the most casual-minded players you can imagine, and not a single one of us put an iota of thought into 'wut sets we need 2 clear these?' We just ran them and handled the mechanics properly.

If you needed old set bonuses and swapping gear around to beat TWing dungeons, you are the problem.
    I'm like 99% sure the dude you quoted was being sarcastic.

Nope not screwed at all. I wouldn't be surprised if Timewalking was just an all the time thing though.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not even need to make this argument - your reasoning is shit and not a concern to the balance of Timewalking dungeons.
    Aww, and you were doing so well too! Oh well, maybe next time.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Strange, I don't recall timewalking being impossible when I was running it without set-bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Blupparen View Post
    They should just disable the sets in raids and mythic dungeons imo. They didn't do any harm in casual content.
    That's a lot more effort and error prone than just disabling them wholesale, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagarle View Post
    So, according to the latest PTR Patch Notes;

Set bonuses for item sets from expansions prior to Warlords of Draenor have been deactivated, though the text describing their former function still remains.

Does this mean that for those of us who had an awesome time putting together BIS sets for running Timewalking Dungeons with friends these bonuses will no longer trigger AT ALL? Or just in Legion content? Or...? Really, really sucks in the first and for no reason other than they can that I can see. What is it hurting? I guess next up is to make all old trinket procs, weapon procs, and enchanting procs no longer work? I hope I am way off base here but, seeing how Blizz loves to neuter fun things that do not affect/hurt anything or anyone, I'm afraid that we are screwed.

Cross posted from Blizz forums.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...15752?page=1#9
    I have full BiS timewalking set on two of my characters and I am still glad that they get removed. They were never needed.

But I did see the damage of having access to gear, especially some items that are hard to get or impossible like Pandaria legendaries, did on those who felt they were letting the groups down because they didn't have those sets. See there are people in this game who dont want to be carried, who want to do their share of the work but the game prevented that. So I am glad it is fixed.

While I don't disagree that timewalking dungeons are doable. What most aren't realizing too is that the reason many people have finished them is because someone in their group carried them with the bonuses. Because one person with the tier bonuses and able to hit 2-3x the damage as everyone else made the encounter a lot easier to do and less time wiping on stuff. I've seen a lot of groups still wiping to the stuff even in some cases of being carried. So while most of us think they are easy, a vast majority of the community find them hard.

The simplest thing would be to not change specs so drastically. Many specs don't need or want the change and made a lot of them very unenjoyable and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The simplest thing would be to not change specs so drastically. Many specs don't need or want the change and made a lot of them very unenjoyable and such.
    I wouldn't mind if a spec was changed to no longer have that ability and rendered the set useless, but carpet bombing every single set so their bonuses are deactivated seems a bit strong.

Hell, I remember healing in WotLK (think it was pit of saron heroic) with a set bonus/combination that gave me almost no cooldown on tranquillity, fun times. But then I also remember being able to equip Tier 1 for druids and getting absolutely no bonus whatsoever from the thorns bonus, as thorns was removed by this time.

No need to deactivate the bonuses if they just plain don't work due to spec changes, as you're then hurting those that do/would work.

Hell, one of the selling points of Timewalking after they were announced (before inception) was that it would be cool to be able to use old items that you used to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    But I did see the damage of having access to gear, especially some items that are hard to get or impossible like Pandaria legendaries, did on those who felt they were letting the groups down because they didn't have those sets. See there are people in this game who dont want to be carried, who want to do their share of the work but the game prevented that. So I am glad it is fixed.
    My understanding was that only older set boni are being deactivated. Trinkets, legendaries from prior expansions etc. should be unaffected and working for the TW enthusiasts. So the partial issue you are bringing up is there to stay if it is any major one - I doubt it. Most people welcome TW going faster.
    That the set boni have been deactivated is not based on TW but to ensure current tier balance will not be affected by emerging gameplay involving old sets which happens now and again.

It was explained earlier in an objective manner - I think:

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The reason why they had to do this is alot of specs are having their base spells reset and changed, so one of the issues with this is that some (if not most) of old sets become usless/buggy or super OP and them having to balance 18 sets (per class, per spec) for old content... yeah not quite worth the time...
    so its simple, they dont want to have to balance/fix all the old sets to get them to work with new classes (as this is the biggest change we have had really as some specs are changing COMPLETLY)
    It seems it is a time issue although I'd wish they would take the risk and screen for unintended gameplay, that adversely affects balance (!), on live more instead and leave that old stuff intact for us to enjoy in TW - for those that do - or low level twinking for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

I may not have made it clear enough, but I was being sarcastic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    My understanding was that only older set boni are being deactivated. Trinkets, legendaries from prior expansions etc. should be unaffected and working for the TW enthusiasts. So the partial issue you are bringing up is there to stay if it is any major one - I doubt it. Most people welcome TW going faster.
    That the set boni have been deactivated is not based on TW but to ensure current tier balance will not be affected by emerging gameplay involving old sets which happens now and again.

It was explained earlier in an objective manner - I think:

It seems it is a time issue although I'd wish they would take the risk and screen for unintended gameplay, that adversely affects balance (!), on live more instead and leave that old stuff intact for us to enjoy in TW - for those that do - or low level twinking for example.
    they would also have to lock them to TW only, and issue is trying to buff spells that dont exist... you can find causes alot of issues >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of classes probably don't even have the abilities that the bonuses match now, or the ability has been redesigned and the bonus is no longer applicable. You can still gather sets with large amounts of sockets and use legendaries, so Timewalking sets will still be OP.

Maybe they will come-up with TW 2.0 in the future where you are actually able to take on how your class played in a given tier? Wouldn't that go along those lines of people that yearn for vanilla servers etc.? That technology to switch between different versions of a class does probably not exist yet but maybe they would like to develop it at some point. I don't say that would be very easy. But it sounds fun.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2016-06-15 at 11:15 PM.

Exploiting mechanics in current content, this is why we can't have nice things. Too heavy handed in the solution IMO. The taking away of the bonuses had zero to do with TW, but ends up most impacting everyone that likes using old gear in TW. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Aww, and you were doing so well too! Oh well, maybe next time.
    "I cannot argue my point at all so I will make childish remarks in an attempt to belittle my superior, but will still fail."

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    You dont understand what min/max'ing means. Its not about hard content per se, its also about time saved.
    I know exactly what min/maxing means. But that is not what you wrote. You said that anyone who didn't min/max was "dumb as fuck" and that you were somehow special because you min/max gear on easy content.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Wouldn't surprise me if they nerf it for TW dungeons.

Blizzard doesn't like when we are going through their boring reused content to fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have already changed some old set bonuses to give static buffs (if the set bonuses were linked to removed abilities or passives) so why can't they just do that then. That way it won't interfere with future changes. And/or make them only work if your character is the same level (outside of TW) as the tier itself.
    Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4 GHz | MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X (6GB) | Corsair Vengeance 8GB