Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You just need to learn how not to get your ass kicked by the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nope because I know if a Cop says to do something you do it.
    This is a very valid and interesting point of conversation. Not doing what a police officer instructs you to do has gotten many, many people into situations they would not have been in had they followed orders and then filed a complaint (if they felt they needed to do so).

10+ Year Old Account
    No I grew up in a law enforcement family and all of my fathers friends were law enforcement. So I'm not terrified of them but I am more cautious around them for sure. I'm not going to relax around someone with a firearm no matter their profession. Especially if a defense they can use and get away with is "he moved too suddenly, I feared for my life". I'm essentially stiff as a board until they tell me to do something and even then I've had cops get all antsy with their hand on their holster as I reach for my wallet to show them ID.

Anyone completely trusting of someone armed with a firearm trusts far too easily imo

The fuck? i live in the heart of chicago and I would be thrilled to see 6 cops at my convenience store. The hell is your deal dude lmao

I don't get scared or terrified, but I am incredibly careful around strangers with guns, especially those who are delegated certain powers to uphold the law and all that jazz. Perhaps I would have felt different if I lived in one of the many other countries, but I don't.
    Last edited by Creotor; 2016-06-15 at 08:50 PM.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm not afraid of the police. I'm not a criminal, I don't present myself as a threat, and when they say something I listen. I am more afraid of being electrocuted while taking a shower during a thunderstorm, having a brain aneurysm, being hit by a car, being hit by a stray bullet, etc. etc. etc.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Better title for this thread would be " This is actually what Liberals believe..."

you know how is scared of the police? criminals

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to be harrassed by police officers all the time when I still lived in NJ. I never felt like I had to fear for my life. More that I knew I was about to have a pretty crappy time while the officers entertained themselves at my expense. I was once picked up by a cop while walking back to my girlfriend's house with her as we were coming home from CHURCH. The cop didn't believe us and took us to her house so he could verify with her father. I was picked up walking to my friends house with his sister because the felt like searching me in case I shoplifted anything from a convenience store. I obviously didn't. I was stopped and harrassed another time while walking home from a public park in he middle of the day on a Saturday while carrying a frisbee because the cop wanted to know where I had been and what I was doing. The fact that I was just over 2 blocks from a park and had a frisbee in my hand should have given him some clue. I'd been stopped countless times while driving, two of which happened less than a minute apart. The first cop asked me if I stole my car, wanted to see identification, etc. ask me where I was going/had been. I finish with that cop and literally make 1 left at the next light and get pulled over again to be asked the same questions by a different cop.

To sum it up, no, I never feared for my life. I just was sick of getting harrassed when I still lived there.

im not scared of police because im not a criminal and when i have interactions with police im not a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Everyone's scared or naturally intimidated by cops, that's their job though so no surprise there. But it's not so much that they will just question or possibly take you for a ride. It's the fact every one of them holds a gun, and, after you read so many horror stories of accidental or impulsive killings it really strikes the fear in you. 2:00 AM, too early in the morning I wanted a midnight snack so I walked to my 24/7 convenience store a few footsteps away. I ordered my food and was idly waiting when suddenly six damn cops strolled in. They were there for the same reason. All carrying a gun, I was literally trembling in terror at the prospect of getting murdered for the usual excuse of it looking like I'm pulling out a weapon when it'd just be money or a phone. I took every action with insane caution and emerged unharmed but it was still an enraging and horrifying ordeal for a night snack.
    Nope, Even though I am often high, even I am not the paranoid.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

OP works for Buzzfeed.

Deleted
    yeah they do. I eyed the six of those guys having a pistol holstered in their hip. The paranoia sets in when you think of how they could all turn those guns on you for no reason at all and end you painfully. And you can't show a cop any of your innate disdain or else.
    lol only a pistol and you call that intimidating? Over here in Northern Ireland they walk about with MP5, shotgun or rifles such as G36Cs. Long arms are still carried in areas of higher threat such as Londonderry, North and West Belfast or border areas to the Republic of Ireland.

Bitch please

Can't say it's really a fear I have and I've been pulled over by at least 6 cop cars at the same time with their guns drawn on me.

no because I am not criminal and I dont get dumb ideas like attacking cops so that they kill me in self defense and my family then can claim how I was a good boy who did nothing.

Imagine how many these people could kill if they wanted to. Good thing they are sane. Like cops.

No because I live in the UK, they don't even carry firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Imagine how many these people could kill if they wanted to. Good thing they are sane. Like cops.

My mate is a Welsh Guard (like the dude in picture) and given that he like most Welsh Guards did a few tours of Afghanistan, I wouldn't call them "sane". Also, a lot of the guys who join the forces (and Welsh guards) are more likely to be the nutters you grew up with in school than the more normal/educated.

So chances are the Police are a lot more sane.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-06-15 at 09:51 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Then why does it happen so much in America?
    Because we have idiots who don't listen to the cops.

Actually when I was in Germany in 2005-2007 I was told that the German cops were much more brutal. Granted that's definitely not the case now since they hide crimes of refugees, but back then if you talked back to a cop you'd get beaten to a pulp especially if you were drunk.

When I was in Angola, their version of a traffic ticket to a citizen was a punch to the face through your open window or the massive beating this drunk man got when he stumbled from his village into the area we had our medical tents set up.

Cops in the US are killing people who attack or try to harm them. Don't listen to the nonsense of BLM who will hide the fact that whites were killed more in 2015 than any other group in the US in both raw numbers and when adjusted for population. So the whole cop problem is dumb people arguing and fighting the police rather than obeying the law.

In our capital Oslo Norway we had cops saving a somali kid from a somali woman chasing it with a knife by shooting her in the leg, and ofcourse the regressive left manages to turn it into racism and have a anti racism march. Cops in Norway always get blamed for everything lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Well...no?

A lot of people could kill you on a whim if they so chose. You can also kill a lot of people on a whim. I may be mildly intimidated by police officers because of the power they have over me, but I don't fear them, and in fact I usually respect them a lot given the current state of things in the US and how actively paranoid and antagonistic people are towards them.

But in reality, an average police officer is nothing to be afraid of as long as you don't act out against them. I know there are exceptions to this, but they are just that: exceptions. The entire police force is not racist or violent and most of them are just doing their job.