Thread: Solo-queuing

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Solo-queuing

Today is my last day solo-queuing. It's an incredibly unpleasant experience; either you're rolling, or getting rolled.
    Not sure what metrics Blizzard uses to make the matches, but it's definitely off. I think in my 260 games, maybe a quarter of those were anything that could be called close.

How do you think Blizz could improve the solo-q experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Im still thinking its the correction phase, we are getting tons of new players, and its hard to tell the different skill levels of each of them. A lot of the times in the stomps, I do 50% or more of the teams damage... with people like symmetra or D.Va and we still lose. It will count as a loss, but then I get downgraded, cause next match is a rofl.

Playing at release is going to suck, even quick plays, when ranked comes out it should be better, I would wait for that tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm level 28 and I only solo.

I still HAVE LOT of fun...

Maybe if we could join some clan? I also miss dedicated servers with same players all the time, this is fun usually.

But having to group then start game is not something I'm looking for.

Deleted
    Just throw some music on, and go play. If you win, you win. if you don't, then try again. There is zero reason to get salty over this game, try playing other characters, or just go and kill the opposite team not bothering about the objective. In short HAVE FUN. if all you care about is winning, then this game in it's current state is not for you, wait for the competitive mode and join a team, But guess what, you will still loose matches. And yes, I have solo queued and in a team of 3.

Welcome to the club! As Nilinor said, we are in a horrible moment to play solo or even in small groups of 2 or 3 people because the influx of new players is so high the matchmaker as no idea where to place some players.

I'm waiting for ranked and see how both QM and competitive are doing from a balanced and fun experience; hopefully stomps will be rarer.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Welcome to the club! As Nilinor said, we are in a horrible moment to play solo or even in small groups of 2 or 3 people because the influx of new players is so high the matchmaker as no idea where to place some players.

I'm waiting for ranked and see how both QM and competitive are doing from a balanced and fun experience; hopefully stomps will be rarer.
    Agreed. I don't mind losing (I really don't), and there's zero enjoyment to be had in rolling over people who can't hit the broad-side of a barn with Soldier's ult.
    Competitive can't come fast enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Today is my last day solo-queuing. It's an incredibly unpleasant experience; either you're rolling, or getting rolled.
    Not sure what metrics Blizzard uses to make the matches, but it's definitely off. I think in my 260 games, maybe a quarter of those were anything that could be called close.

How do you think Blizz could improve the solo-q experience?
    You mean you used a 'random group finder' and it gave you random groups of random people with random skills? Say it ain't so!

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, quick match is not the end all be all of competitive gaming. It is a place to try characters you don't usually try, learn new tricks when used on you, have fun killing people and maybe win a few games. People go in there thinking they have to be balls to the walls and the fights are hard so when I am trying to practice characters I don't usually play they get all bent out of shape like someone stuck a bent hot dog up their butt. Oh my god you are terrible at X and you cost me the game, blagh blagh blagh.

You are not going to get challenges around your skill level here, you are just going to get random people in quick match. Once they institute ranked play then you can bitch and moan about challenges, because quick match aint about finding you a challenge.

I solo 95% of the time and still have fun, even when I'm getting stomped. Last night I was stuck on a team with 3 Junkrats that were... less than amazing. I just took it as an opportunity to play characters that I'm less good with. If I feel like winning more I just leave that game and join another.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I solo like 1% of the time and wish I didn't even solo that much. The game is just so much more fun in a coordinated group, even if it's only you and 2-3 of your friends.

I guess it could be fun solo if you actually manage to get a competent team that picks a good team-comp and doesn't just run in solo all the time, but how often does that happen, really?

10+ Year Old Account
    I solo 95% of the time too and I enjoy playing most of the time :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

Deleted
    I've solo queued now for around 80 hours. Enjoying it for the most part but the close games are few and far between now, its either my team is rolling them or vice versa. Had a few games of defend / capture objective A - B where they faceroll in about 1 minute 30 and its over.

Still enjoy it but I've noticed I've not really got much opportunity to refine my play on other characters because the games are so brutal currently and one sided most of the time.

My win to loss ratio is probably about even.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not solo queue. It's the nature of the game. Once you break their defense, they're gonna crumble, hard. And if you can't, they won't. The way Overwatch works lends itself to fairly dynamic games, and if you aren't adjusting your comp after your defense breaks (yes, the first time) to counter whatever they used, you're almost certainly gonna get rolled again.

It isn't even that teams are unbalanced. If you look at professional sports, where every team is made up of peak-performance players, games are often a rout one way or the other. That's just often how things works out.

I've been playing pretty much just solo queue, and I've always been hovering around 50% win rate (when I've checked, it's been anywhere between 49.5% and 51.3%). That's exactly what you should be expecting, if matchmaking is working properly.

I mainly queue with a group of regulars and obviously have a far greater success rate with them but I still enjoy the odd solo queue.

People do seem to get incredibly upset with their team mates after a loss or two. Frustrating thing about this is that throughout the whole match there will be no communication between each other until a defeat, upon which people finally start getting vocal.

If you are looking for games that are going to be hair splitters then using quick match is never going to give you the game you are looking for, and it is ridiculous to try and hold that part of the game up to something that it wasn't designed to do. QM isn't designed to find the people mostly in your skill bracket and even the ranked matchmaker will most likely make close competetive games a rarity which also makes them stand out when you actually do meet a very close match. It just won't be happening in QM.

I know that ranked mode isn't in the game and everyone seems to think that QM is ranked mode because they take it way too fucking seriously. QM means nothing. It doesn't matter how many you win, it doesn't matter how many you lose. If you are leaving QM matches just before a loss it isn't preserving your win loss record because the fact that you can cheat your way to a high win loss by quiting early ensures that win loss records mean jack shit. In fact if you ever told me you have a 90% win record like that made you a big shit in QM I would call you a coward who always quits before getting the defeat you had earned. since you can quit before the loss counts the wins loss in qm won't ever mean anything just like if in baseball if you could pay someone to erase the strikes you had during a game to raise your batting average.

You guys are expecting waaaaaay too much from QM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soloq is fine. When you start playing after a break you get really easy games, then the difficulty quickly ramp up. Game constantly provides challenge. I think it's the case of "i want to play Genji but enemy has McCree and no one picks to counter him so we lose gg"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you are looking for games that are going to be hair splitters then using quick match is never going to give you the game you are looking for, and it is ridiculous to try and hold that part of the game up to something that it wasn't designed to do. QM isn't designed to find the people mostly in your skill bracket and even the ranked matchmaker will most likely make close competetive games a rarity which also makes them stand out when you actually do meet a very close match. It just won't be happening in QM.

I know that ranked mode isn't in the game and everyone seems to think that QM is ranked mode because they take it way too fucking seriously. QM means nothing. It doesn't matter how many you win, it doesn't matter how many you lose. If you are leaving QM matches just before a loss it isn't preserving your win loss record because the fact that you can cheat your way to a high win loss by quiting early ensures that win loss records mean jack shit. In fact if you ever told me you have a 90% win record like that made you a big shit in QM I would call you a coward who always quits before getting the defeat you had earned. since you can quit before the loss counts the wins loss in qm won't ever mean anything just like if in baseball if you could pay someone to erase the strikes you had during a game to raise your batting average.

You guys are expecting waaaaaay too much from QM.
    Why do you think that hidden MMR system will be somewhat different in RM? Because it will show your and your allies/opponents ranks? I think you are expecting too much from RM, it's all in your head. You really think that winning a RM will be different than winning QM MMR wise?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It is kind of wonky, but the game is new still and most people haven't even had access to the game a month yet. Especially when competitive comes around, it will get better.

I'd say over half of my matches are fairly even on both teams. And I would also say I'm on the winning side of a slaughter almost as often as the losing side. I don't mind losing but it is frustrating when it occasionally groups me with people way below my skill level (which is above average but not great by any means). On the contrary, I don't mind getting schooled by players better than me, it's a great way to learn and get better yourself.

Deleted
    Mhhh, i think it is not to bad, i have a fair amount of fair games. But soon " TM" they will add ranked so it will be better for people like you who just can't stand the unwashed masses.

As a pretty bad player, it's frustrating as hell going against either premades or 1 or 2 players that are obviously amazing at FPSs. I'm trying to git gud but when you team me up with or against players so vastly better than me, there isn't much learning going on. Matchmaking needs A LOT of tuning.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    As a pretty bad player, it's frustrating as hell going against either premades or 1 or 2 players that are obviously amazing at FPSs. I'm trying to git gud but when you team me up with or against players so vastly better than me, there isn't much learning going on. Matchmaking needs A LOT of tuning.
    The chance of you running into a premade as a solo queue is less then 0.1% according to the latest data.
    The chance of you running into someone better is of course a high chance if you suck like you say you do.

I dunno, I queue solo for HotS and OW all the time. The former is turning me into an angry salt monster, the latter not nearly as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.