Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Gun ownership should require a gun safety course. That and a psychological exam/thorough background check. But hey, that's just me (someone who has taken a gun safety course).
    I would add ensuring all states have laws dealing with unsafe gun handling and storage.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

protect in ways that dont cause lethal or severe permanent damage, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, whether any of the people at Pulse own a gun or have a CCW, they would still not have been able to legally carry inside. It would still have been the same bloodbath, which is why asshats like to shoot schools, movie theaters and bars. They are counting on the fact that nobody is armed. One guy in there with a knife could have made all the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    I would add ensuring all states have laws dealing with unsafe gun handling and storage.
    Also a good idea, though I'm not sure how much manpower would be required to go out and inspect gun owners' methods of gun storage. Too many people get killed because they (or someone else like a parent or some such) put their weapons somewhere easy to access without locking them behind something.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I would imagine that number would be proportional to about as many people who own guns already. Unless you think that being gay somehow affects your ability to fire a weapon?
    I think they were more referring to the fact that these are people who are making quick decisions to buy guns, and therefore are fairly unlikely to already have had training with them.

I think they were more referring to the fact that these are people who are making quick decisions to buy guns, and therefore are fairly unlikely to already have had training with them.
    I would hope so but it's off-topic so any sort of subversive anti-logic along the lines of "gay people don't know how handle firearms" can't be discounted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also a good idea, though I'm not sure how much manpower would be required to go out and inspect gun owners' methods of gun storage. Too many people get killed because they (or someone else like a parent or some such) put their weapons somewhere easy to access without locking them behind something.
    Would be after an "accident" where a gun is lying in the back of a car with a three year old so he can shoot mommy from behind. Mommy would be charged for that. I'm a gun owner, in fact several guns but the gun culture in this country is need of an enema.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

shes kinda wrong about her comment on the Germans thing. She said it would be better to refer to the Nazis and not the whole country. She apparently doesnt realize the german army were not the Nazis...they were an army...of Germany. We fought both in the war.

EDIT: ok i dunno what happened to the post with the video so this will probably be confusing lol.

Keep the masses in fear and they will consume.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Source: http://kdvr.com/2016/06/14/gun-sales...ando-shooting/

Would be interesting to see a nationwide poll on the LGBT community on this subject matter.

I fully support the right of the LGBT community to protect themselves. Do you?
    I'm pretty sure everyone supports this who doesn't have some sort of bias against said community....

I used to work with a man who's partner actually had to kill one and injure another thug in a home invasion. Cops had found cinder-blocks, rope and duck tape in the trunk of the thugs vehicle.

Sometimes people need self-defense and in the cases of individuals who may fall victim to hate crimes this may be even more true.

Even if they buy more guns, though, that's not what you're alluding to. You're trying to promote open/conceal carry and are hoping said community is a vessel of such, due to a tragedy.

Do we really want a society where people have to bring guns to the dance club. (Wondering where some people are going to hide said guns.) I mean, maybe, someday it will be so bad all of us will have to bring guns to the; grocery store, beach (Now I want to know where people are going to hide those guns....), hair salon, mall, etcetera, out of paralyzing fear. We can even pack a hand gun in our children's bags with their school lunches, but who actually wants to see that happen?

Soft targets, are soft targets because people feel safe there and they should be able to. If it comes to the point where people can't walk into a store or daycare without a gun, because they fear the government/the man/crazy people/ minorities, then we've got more important problems as a country than concealed/open carry laws. Not sure why we wouldn't work towards a better future, as opposed to an anti-utopia wild-west where everyone needs to be armed 24/7 out of paranoia and fear.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-06-16 at 03:25 AM.

This is great news! For people who think we need gun control because guns kill people :

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    i saw this today that goes along with this. He just comes out (no pun intended) and basically tells them to buy guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLqkizGtFo0

Im also aware this Milo guy is pretty unliked around the uk lol.
    Milo is our based gay on the right. If I was in America I would have seen him on his 'dangerous faggot' college tour where he was triggering sjw's. Twitter suspended his account yesterday and apparently the backlash from the gay community forced them to reinstate his twitter account, albeit with ~30k less subscribers for some reason.

Here are some sjw's having an intelligent and well put together debate with Milo while on his college tour. Wish I was there to see this spectacle.

I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    This is great news! For people who think we need gun control because guns kill people :
    *Quoted for the meme, not directed at personally.

I never understood the meme: "Guns, don't kill people, people kill people."

Well, yes, sure, but why would you willingly sell guns to a suspected terrorist, or someone on a no-fly list.

This also means "Guns don't save people, people save people." So why is it everyone who clutches onto this meme for dear life, usually trying to shove NRA type thinking onto everyone. It's just another hollow meme that means absolutely nothing. Like the "Good guy with a gun" meme.

Terrorists should get to own guns, because they'll get them anyways and cause destruction even without guns, like with, knives and bombs? So the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a gun?

Can't the good guy save the day without a gun? If the bad guy gets to buy one legally because he might use a knife, couldn't the good guy use a knife? (Rhetorical jest, since the initial argument is just as comical)

Just because these people from a community owned guns doesn't mean they would bring them to the club, even if it was legal.
    *Amidst; dancing, bumping and grinding.... "Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?" ---"Well of course its a gun, we live in the wild-west in the 1800s don't we?"

It almost feels like victim blaming. Are we really at the point where we're telling the victims - You probably should have had a gun, so it's your fault. We don't want to fix anything, so just buy a gun and strap it on permanently and learn to be this imaginary "good guy", when you're in danger in a life-or-death situation and only have seconds to react.

There is no inherent wisdom or logic in that line of thinking. I guess when you have no other solutions other than ban Muslims (like Trump), as a response to stopping a New York born shooter, then there isn't much credence placed in your critical thinking skills, in the first place.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-06-16 at 04:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    This thread should be tagged with [anecdotal evidence from single shop owner without sales figure to back up claim].

Nice clickbait.
    You didn't bother to read it at all, did you? What it says is exactly true. A group that identifies itself as an LGBT Gun Club has more than doubled in members over the weekend. That definitely sounds like it fits "Gun sales surge among LGBT community" to me. Whether or not this is just a small sample or the ONLY increase so far, we don't know.

Quit trying to stir up shit, it just makes you look ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'm sure these "good guys with guns" will prevent more mass shootings!

Like the 200 or so that happened in 2015 in a nation with almost as many guns as people. But somehow there never seems to be any good guys with guns around when those happen. I guess they're too busy at home spamming internet forums with bunk arguments that don't pass casual inspection.

Or you know, during America's 10,000 or so homicides every year.

Not much choice in a country where any psycho can get his hands on a gun easily, is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is always one of those stupid loaded questions that implies you have no right or ability to defend yourself without a gun.

Edit: Of course in a country where we have a political party that pushes for psychos and criminals to be able to buy, it's pretty hard to defend yourself without one. Meanwhile in pretty much every country you can still defend yourself easily without one.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    No

Only ppl who identify themself as attackhelicopters should be allowed to buy guns and protect themself

/s
    This is the best and most appropriate answer to the question posed..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I wonder how many of them actually know how to shoot. Too many people buy guns and have no idea to use them and get people accidentally shot.
    Just so we're clear, you didn't just claim homosexuals don't know how to shoot straight, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Just so we're clear, you didn't just claim homosexuals don't know how to shoot straight, did you?
    Duh homosexuals can't be straight so how can they shoot straight. /s

Seems silly. The places where they congregate are also the places where they usually can't take them. A rather irrational choice, well like most gun purchases.