Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What if WoW had Zelda: Breath of the Wild graphics?

The graphics are so beautiful. I'm not sure I can go back to WoW after I play that.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, this is the first game to make you feel like this? Under what rock have you been lying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Eh, this is the first game to make you feel like this? Under what rock have you been lying?
    This. I mean, the graphics are impressive for a Nintendo title, that's for sure, but over all they aren't anything super amazing. Very pretty though, I will admit that.

I'd stare at the scenery more often but that's about it.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Yes.

That looks genuinely beautiful. It brings back feelings of vanilla WoW, wanting to just get lost in the game world without a care about being as efficient as I can be to beat the game.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I've played MMOs that had brightly colored graphics like that (Wildstar) and it just got sort of nauseating after awhile. I think its because you spend a lot of time focusing on the UI and not the actual game world so switching back and forth gets a little jarring.

Deleted
    When I watched the trailer I was like, "it's not even released and graphics seems already outdated", cell shading effect looks nice but that's about it... I don't feel that with WoW for some reason...

10+ Year Old Account
    It is an art style, I like it quite a bit. I think it would go pretty well with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorhan View Post
    When I watched the trailer I was like, "it's not even released and graphics seems already outdated", cell shading effect looks nice but that's about it... I don't feel that with WoW for some reason...
    It's a style choice. Nintendo correctly identified the fan hype behind Windwaker and it looks like they're making a next generation version of the game with similar themes/art style. But yeah, I don't think this style would work with WoW at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Yes.

That looks genuinely beautiful. It brings back feelings of vanilla WoW, wanting to just get lost in the game world without a care about being as efficient as I can be to beat the game.
    ...have you never played an open world game before? Like an Elder Scrolls game before? You do realize the new Zelda is inspired heavily from Skyrim's gameplay design, right?

also, if Zelda impressed you:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's a style choice. Nintendo correctly identified the fan hype behind Windwaker and it looks like they're making a next generation version of the game with similar themes/art style. But yeah, I don't think this style would work with WoW at all.
    That's a matter of opinion, and one that i fear will probably bite them in the ass. I believe the majority of the audience would rather have a Twilight Princess style graphics than cell-shaded (and this is comming from a fan of cell-shading!). Honestly IMO I believe they're simply doing cell shading not for art purposes, but for ease of world size purposes as their dev staffs aren't as big as Bethesda's and they have never developed a massive open world game yet. (yes, you read that's right... Big N's game staff isn't as large as Bethesda's - their primary staff resources are sunk into tech hardware development).

People will compare Zelda to richer graphic open-world games like Witcher, Horizon and even Skyrim Remastered and will sadly most likely pass it off as a "kid game" by comparison.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2016-06-16 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...have you never played an open world game before? Like an Elder Scrolls game before? You do realize the new Zelda is inspired heavily from Skyrim's gameplay design, right?

- - - Updated - - -

That's a matter of opinion, and one that i fear will probably bite them in the ass. I believe the majority of the audience would rather have a Twilight Princess style graphics than cell-shaded (and this is comming from a fan of cell-shading!). Honestly IMO I believe they're simply doing cell shading not for art purposes, but for ease of world size purposes as their dev staffs aren't as big as Bethesda's and they have never developed a massive open world game yet. (yes, you read that's right... Big N's game staff isn't as large as Bethesda's - their primary staff resources are sunk into tech hardware development).

People will compare Zelda to richer graphic open-world games like Witcher, Horizon and even Skyrim Remastered and will sadly most likely pass it off as a "kid game" by comparison.
    A matter of opinion yes, but I don't know many people who regard Windwaker as one of the weaker games in the Zelda series. As for choosing the art style because it's "easier" to animate... I don't know, you'd think a company like Nintendo could make whatever game they wanted so the choice to go with cel shading would seem more related to artistic direction than staffing limitations. But that's neither here nor there, I've disliked both the Wii and the Wii-U so my faith in Nintendo is significantly less than it was in GameCube's heyday.

The art style to the game you linked just doesn't please the eye like the new Zelda does.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    yeah it has nothing to do with the Wiiu being a ps3 / 360 generation console

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    This. I mean, the graphics are impressive for a Nintendo title, that's for sure, but over all they aren't anything super amazing. Very pretty though, I will admit that.
    It's not about the quality alone.
    It's the quality and style combined that would make them very appropriate for WoW - perhaps apart from the cell shading.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The art style to the game you linked just doesn't please MY eye like the new Zelda does.
    Fixed that for you - it's In your opinion. Please don't mistake your opinion for that of the majority.

As I've said, I've seen more people be attracted and appreciate Twilight Princess's Art style over the "Celda" art style.

WoW graphics have always been potato. Any game can easily beat it.

Have you seen Witcher 3: Wild Hunt graphics???

I find the weird split between realistic looking textures of the environment (buildings, roads, bridges, cliffs/rocks) to really clash with the cell-shading of everything else.

But I do agree that if the art-style were a little more consistent then it would work great with WoW.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cel shading ages a lot better, that's for sure.

Look at something like say, Dark Souls. Looks like trash today. Look at anything that looked good in it's day, like for example Crysis. Most games, graphically, do not age well. Windwaker is still pretty to this day if you upscale it to 1080p. WoW hasn't aged well at all either, though better than it would have if they went for realism.

15+ Year Old Account

I think that game's graphic style (not character models) would fit WoW even better than Zelda.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?