Senate Democrats filibuster to force a debate on firearms regulations. Where is Saint Bernie? In Vermont pondering where to take his zombie campaign next. All Bernie, all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

If Bernie was some kind of progressive champion, he would be fighting for gun regulations on the Senate floor right now. Instead he is moping after a tough meeting with HRC. Any leverage he had has been utterly dissipated by Orlando. Bernie isn't even going after Trump's lies and stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I thought they'd finally got around to referring to it as a criminal investigation, hadn't they? With how long it's taking it's entirely possible Hillary isn't the target of the investigation, but it does appear to be a criminal investigation.
    I read somewhere that the criminal investigation is into a third party that sent classified info to another third party and cc'd Clinton. I am not sure how accurate it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    Senate Democrats filibuster to force a debate on firearms regulations. Where is Saint Bernie? In Vermont pondering where to take his zombie campaign next. All Bernie, all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

If Bernie was some kind of progressive champion, he would be fighting for gun regulations on the Senate floor right now. Instead he is moping after a tough meeting with HRC. Any leverage he had has been utterly dissipated by Orlando. Bernie isn't even going after Trump's lies and stupidity.
    I wouldn't be too surprised if he opposed this legislation. He has not been the strongest candidate on gun rights. For instance, I know he wants to close the "gun show loophole" but he isn't for background checks on all sales between private parties like you see in some states.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I read somewhere that the criminal investigation is into a third party that sent classified info to another third party and cc'd Clinton. I am not sure how accurate it is.
    Would make sense. Whatever you think of Clinton, should she really be held accountable for information sent to her off the State Department servers? If I sent classified information to your gmail address should I be at fault, or you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I throw my "cliche" at Sydanyo in particular... The guy legitimately lives in a "fantasy world"... Every other post in this thread he goes on and on about how 50% of the Democratic Party's base is simply not going to vote in the election because Bernie had like 40% of the vote or whatever... That is pure, unadulterated, high on drugs, fantasy land. It has NO BASIS IN FACT at all. He seems to think every single human being in the country that voted for Bernie Sanders is now a staunch Bernie or Bust supporter who will go out of their way to get Trump elected. It is literal lunacy.
    It's no different from looking at any other polls. We know 45-46% of the people who voted on the Democratic side voted for Bernie. We know there were also quite a few people who wanted to vote for Bernie, yet never got the chance because they're registered independent, or because their ballots got thrown away. We know there have been several different polls out there, asking who of those Bernie's supporters would vote for Hillary and who wouldn't, and the numbers those polls have shown have ranged, as other sources have reported, from like 25% to 60%, with the highest results coming from the TYT polls, showing above 83% numbers.

We know that quite a lot of Hillary's supporters keep being very arrogant, dismissive and hostile towards Bernie supporters, some wishing Bernie and his supporters to be dead (in this very thread actually IIRC), most calling them "BernieBros" and "Sanderistas" and so on, and we know Hillary has done nothing that would in any way entice Bernie's supporters to vote for her. Trump has, by simply existing, but Hillary hasn't. Both Hillary and her supporters - especially her supporters - have kept up the insults and dismissiveness.

We also know there are several very popular hashtags being thrown around, talking about "Bernie or bust" and "never Hillary" and so on.

I've never said all Bernie's supporters, or rather those who actually got to vote for him, are such that they'll never vote for Hillary. I've simply wondered how many of them are, and whether Hillary's supporters and Hillary herself see that they're actually pushing Bernie's supporters away on a daily basis by being hostile and dismissive.

Trump has apparently unified the Republican side quite well. I also see nobody saying that he has no chance in the general. So, if it's actually a contest, it makes sense to wonder whether the other contestant losing a chunk of the potential vote might actually sink her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It's no different from looking at any other polls. We know 45-46% of the people who voted on the Democratic side voted for Bernie. We know there were also quite a few people who wanted to vote for Bernie, yet never got the chance because they're registered independent, or because their ballots got thrown away. We know there have been several different polls out there, asking who of those Bernie's supporters would vote for Hillary and who wouldn't, and the numbers those polls have shown have ranged, as other sources have reported, from like 25% to 60%, with the highest results coming from the TYT polls, showing above 83% numbers.

We know that quite a lot of Hillary's supporters keep being very arrogant, dismissive and hostile towards Bernie supporters, some wishing Bernie and his supporters to be dead (in this very thread actually IIRC), most calling them "BernieBros" and "Sanderistas" and so on, and we know Hillary has done nothing that would in any way entice Bernie's supporters to vote for her. Trump has, by simply existing, but Hillary hasn't. Both Hillary and her supporters - especially her supporters - have kept up the insults and dismissiveness.

We also know there are several very popular hashtags being thrown around, talking about "Bernie or bust" and "never Hillary" and so on.

I've never said all Bernie's supporters, or rather those who actually got to vote for him, are such that they'll never vote for Hillary. I've simply wondered how many of them are, and whether Hillary's supporters and Hillary herself see that they're actually pushing Bernie's supporters away on a daily basis by being hostile and dismissive.

Trump has apparently unified the Republican side quite well. I also see nobody saying that he has no chance in the general. So, if it's actually a contest, it makes sense to wonder whether the other contestant losing a chunk of the potential vote might actually sink her.
    If Trump truly has unified the Republicans behind him, I congratulate him on that. Though, he has the advantage of not having a divisive element actively trying to sink him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    There's actually quit a bit happening on that front, many cases and several departments all plugging away at related issues. It's starting to look like something specific got out and they want to know why and through who with Clinton's private server being a likely breech point. I haven't heard the information you're talking about though, do you remember where you heard it?

We know 45-46% of the people who voted on the Democratic side voted for Bernie.
    BZZZT!!!

Bernie got only 43.2% of the primary vote, and 45.2% of the pledged delegates.

Which goes to show that Bernie was right that the primary process was rigged. In his favor.

I know you'll keep repeating this lie, because you've ignored anyone like me who bursts your Bernie bubble.
    Kinda like the "Bernie wins more open primaries" lie. He doesn't.
    Or the "Bernie wins when more people vote" lie. He doesn't.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

...with the highest results coming from the TYT polls, showing above 83% numbers.
    Lol, "TYT poll". What's next? "110% of the users on the Bernie Sanders reddit say they will never vote for Clinton"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    Lol, "TYT poll". What's next? "110% of the users on the Bernie Sanders reddit say they will never vote for Clinton"?
    They are still people who exist and some of them people who voted in the primaries. When I say TYT poll, I expect people to infer all the necessary information from that.

A lot of downplaying of how people feel, but I'm not sure if that downplaying is based on anything scientific.

When you say "TYT poll", you hope that people will not know, that
    A) TYT is the most rabid pro-Sanders site on the Internet
    B) this was no real opinion poll (you know a scientific attempt aiming at determining the opinion of the population as a whole) but rather an internet survey among TYT users.

The only thing it tells us, is that Sanders fanboys are Sanders fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    BZZZT!!!

Which goes to show that Bernie was right that the primary process was rigged. In his favor.

I know you'll keep repeating this lie, because you've ignored anyone like me who bursts your Bernie bubble.
    Correct me if I am wrong and I mean seriously correct me because I have not verified this at all and am honestly curious about it. But I read that the primary vote totals didn't include caucus votes which threw stuff off greatly.

Also since I notice that list omits the numbers for a few states and I know Iowa and Nevada are caucus states.

Can't use the primary vote totals when/if they omit that is that is effectively lying.

If I am wrong, my apologies as I haven't been bothering to keep up recently since California. Honestly don't see anything worth voting for from the big 2 now without writing Sanders name in as their electoral picks are both throwing my votes away for something I don't want.

Read up on their polices more and Trump is a dangerous individual, but it is kinda funny how I kept hearing people talk about Freeloaders and all that crap when it came to Sanders but from a policy standpoint, Trump was the freeloading handout king, he just did handouts to the middle and upper classes with long term freeloading from the top more than likely. Clinton I can't get myself to vote for either given what all has gone on and all the crap they did this primary to skew the results and public perception and I honestly have no trust that she wouldn't renege on what little good she promised to get past Sanders and I don't trust she won't sell us out once there.

Hoping another 3rd party worth voting for pops up or I will stick with my current plan to write Sanders in, refuse to throw my vote away on something I don't want in the slightest.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    The only thing it tells us, is that Sanders fanboys are Sanders fanboys.
    ...who also vote. Which is the point.

The question then is how many of the people who voted for Sanders are these so-called "Sanders fanboys", which, by the way, yet again is a way to dismiss and insult those people, and once again will most likely make it less likely for them to vote for Hillary. The expectation seems to be that very, very insignificant number of Sanders' supporters are so passionate as to be one of these "fanboys", and that the rest will give up their convictions just like that. Perhaps that's true.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-06-16 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    You need to step out of the reddit echo chamber. The google story is bull shit. They aren't censoring anyone. They don't suggest negative shit on their name searches. Search Donald Trump you get, "Donald Trump, Donald Trump twitter, Donald Trump wife, Donald Trump Orlando (a new one). Search Bernie Sanders you get, "Bernie Sanders, Bernie Sanders poll, Bernie Sanders age, Bernie Sanders news." Search Clinton you get "Hillary Clinton, Hillary Clinton twitter, Hillary Clinton email, Hillary Clinton age."

Just because the search doesn't return "Hillary Clinton is a lying bitch" first doesn't mean there is something going down. Want to know why actual news sources didn't cover this? Because this is stupid blogger shit that means nothing. Want to see how easy it is to manipulate a search? Go search "Hillary Clinton ly"... Oh look the first return is "Hillary Clinton lying for 13 minutes." Gee, either she didn't pay Google enough or it was some dumb shit blogger thinking they could convince you rubes that something sketchy was going down.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck I'm so glad I stopped listening to TYT. Even when it was for shits and giggles. Cenk spends the entire primary shitting on Clinton and lying about her and surprise surprise his viewers won't support her. He puts on a poorly sourced straw man of a show and we should be surprised when his viewers are dumb as shit?
    Keep trying to project. Google has apparently reversed their stance on the biggest bullshit item. If you typed in Hillary for pri- you'd get Hillary for President in the fill in when before, you'd get Hillary for Prison. Google was 100% filtering the results. I literally went and typed that shit in for myself. Now they're just adding Bernie onto the autofill (last I saw) to soften the blow. There's literally example after example of searching Hillary and getting mostly positive shit and then searching Donald Trump and getting negative controversy. Don't even try to say 'it's your search results'. I don't have any tracking on and I delete cookies every time I log out. Google was 100% filtering results but they've scaled them back a bit. They also censored the image of her hugging/kissing an old KKK Grand Wizard too. I don't know if they walked back on that yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You were supposed to say Correct the Record. That would make it even funnier of you accusing someone who isn't voting for either of being a paid supporter. Come on, you have to work harder at this.

So, we've got mountains of money and paid supporters. Are you ready to drop Benghazi, I mean, the e-mails on me next.
    I mean, if facts don't matter to you then I don't know what to say. She's awful and there's a great deal of evidence to prove why, meanwhile CNN is literally kissing her ass every minute of every day. I can't even read them anymore it's gotten so bad. I'm really frustrated that a historically shitty candidate has made it to the top for both sides. Google is not some noble gift to humanity. They're a private business out to make money and to promote what they want and how they've been treating this election is no different than Fox News. It's just expected of Fox News.
    Last edited by therayeffect; 2016-06-16 at 07:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    If Trump truly has unified the Republicans behind him, I congratulate him on that. Though, he has the advantage of not having a divisive element actively trying to sink him.
    He hasn't, certainly not the GOP, majority of them will not vote for him, though it doesn't matter since their votes can't overturn it anymore anyway. As for the republican voters, there's many that will vote against him and will vote Bernie/Hillary over him, and it's far greater than the amount of Bernie sanders fans that will vote for him to despise Hillary.

It's all over except for the crying.

Time to pull out the chart of '5 stages of grief'.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

Jesus, yes this^^ Hilary is going to win, let the old man bow out with dignity. He put up a good fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Jesus, yes this^^ Hilary is going to win, let the old man bow out with dignity. He put up a good fight.
    There's still the question of how big of a portion of Sanders' supporters will not vote for Hillary regardless of whether she's the nominee or not, and as such, it's not over at all. Then again, the general assumption seems to be that a big enough of a number of the voters who voted for Sanders will vote for Hillary.

That assumption, however, seems to always come from Hillary's supporters, and as such you'd have to wonder if they really do have such a good read about Sanders' supporters after all. Every time I bring this up, there's a handful of people in this thread who get very angry and say I'm delusional, but they never base their accusations on any kind of a "pulse taking" of the Sanders supporter base. Thus far it's been along the lines of...

"Well, X% of Sanders' supporters say they'll never vote for Hillary."
    "You're delusional! Of course they will! I know them better than they know themselves!"

I suppose, if you're going to say "it's all over except for the crying", then the "crying" in this case might be done by Sanders' suppoters, in November, at home, during the general election, instead of voting for Hillary.

There's still the question of how big of a portion of Sanders' supporters will not vote for Hillary regardless of whether she's the nominee or not, and as such, it's not over at all. Then again, the general assumption seems to be that a big enough of a number of the voters who voted for Sanders will vote for Hillary.

That assumption, however, seems to always come from Hillary's supporters, and as such you'd have to wonder if they really do have such a good read about Sanders' supporters after all. Every time I bring this up, there's a handful of people in this thread who get very angry and say I'm delusional, but they never base their accusations on any kind of a "pulse taking" of the Sanders supporter base. Thus far it's been along the lines of...

"Well, X% of Sanders' supporters say they'll never vote for Hillary."
    "You're delusional! Of course they will! I know them better than they know themselves!"

I suppose, if you're going to say "it's all over except for the crying", then the "crying" in this case might be done by Sanders' suppoters, in November, at home, during the general election, instead of voting for Hillary.
    Need to see how much change Sanders does to Hillary. At this point Clinton is between him and Warren. She can't pivot right-ward for the moment, if at all.
    And unlike Sanders, Warren is seen at the top of the list for VP. (That means a progressive agenda, like getting rid of the TPP. She can't backtrack on that without a very public mess)
    DNC Chair might be up for grabs soon

Bernie Sanders has put ousting Wasserman Schultz at the top of his list of demands, putting pressure on Clinton to get rid of an ally accused by her rival’s supporters of tilting the race in her favor.
    The demands are meaningful, coming at a point when Clinton wants to unify the party and win vociferous support from Sanders, who remains popular with progressives even as he nears the end of his presidential campaign.
    Sanders is also demanding an end to the superdelegate system, which gives officials and party elders votes at the nominating convention. And he wants more open elections that would allow independents to vote in Democratic contests.
    In addition, the DNC has given Sanders supporters an outsized role on the platform drafting committee. He will be represented by five people, compared to six for Clinton. That’s a larger presence than second-place finishers have had in the past.
    But Sanders has given no indication that he intends to back away from his demand that Wasserman Schultz be replaced immediately.
    At an impromptu press conference at his campaign headquarters on Tuesday, Sanders called for a “fundamental transformation of the Democratic Party” and reiterated his desire for new leadership at the DNC.
    There is still roiling anger among Sanders supporters at Wasserman Schultz over her handling of the primary.
    “A lot of people would like to see her not just no longer be chair of DNC, but they no longer want to see her in Congress at all,” said Neil Sroka, communications director for the progressive group Democracy for America.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    BZZZT!!!

If 43% of my army did not like me, I would be a bit concerned about trying to placate such a massive chunk of my forces, lest they desert me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Keep trying to project. Google has apparently reversed their stance on the biggest bullshit item. If you typed in Hillary for pri- you'd get Hillary for President in the fill in when before, you'd get Hillary for Prison. Google was 100% filtering the results. I literally went and typed that shit in for myself. Now they're just adding Bernie onto the autofill (last I saw) to soften the blow. There's literally example after example of searching Hillary and getting mostly positive shit and then searching Donald Trump and getting negative controversy. Don't even try to say 'it's your search results'. I don't have any tracking on and I delete cookies every time I log out. Google was 100% filtering results but they've scaled them back a bit. They also censored the image of her hugging/kissing an old KKK Grand Wizard too. I don't know if they walked back on that yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, if facts don't matter to you then I don't know what to say. She's awful and there's a great deal of evidence to prove why, meanwhile CNN is literally kissing her ass every minute of every day. I can't even read them anymore it's gotten so bad. I'm really frustrated that a historically shitty candidate has made it to the top for both sides. Google is not some noble gift to humanity. They're a private business out to make money and to promote what they want and how they've been treating this election is no different than Fox News. It's just expected of Fox News.
    You do realize that the search checks for past searches right? As in, it's different for everyone?