Why did they stop reporting international numbers? For a few days now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    Why did they stop reporting international numbers? For a few days now.
    Because most of the action at the box office happens over the weekend.

Didnt feel for the humans as much, the orcs were better. Its not super good but above average especially for warcraft fans I guess. Hopefully it did well enough for other storylines. Would love to see burning legion and the main demons

So I took my wife to see it in opening theatres and we enjoyed it so much we watched a second time. She's now more interested in the story and has began reading all of the books.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the editors cut too much specially on the human side had they left the 40 minutes they cut in I think the movie would be much better as a whole. Still the CGI and Orc actors were superb they really sell the movie and by the start of the 3rd act all the problems kinda melt away.

8/10 -1 point for the editing and -1 for Garona x Lothar.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    See, that's why the critics give it bad reviews. Doesn't matter if it's good or bad, it's a game movie, it sucks.
    Now I've seen several reviews online, by people that actually saw the movie... Most of them think it's rather good. A 7.9 score on imdb isn't all that bad.
    I'll have a looksie myself first.
    7.6 and it will drop more(based on only 65k votes).The movie was mediocre at best.Don't blame the critics.A decent human mind will realize that the movie is very weak especially for new audiences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I think the editors cut too much specially on the human side had they left the 40 minutes they cut in I think the movie would be much better as a whole. Still the CGI and Orc actors were superb they really sell the movie and by the start of the 3rd act all the problems kinda melt away.

8/10 -1 point for the editing and -1 for Garona x Lothar.
    -1 for weak dialogue,-1 lots of plot holes , -1 weak character development to the point where you just don't give a fuck if someone dies or not

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonhunter50 View Post
    7.6 and it will drop more(based on only 65k votes).The movie was mediocre at best.Don't blame the critics.A decent human mind will realize that the movie is very weak especially for new audiences.
    Mediocre would be 75% not the ridiculous 26% from critics on RT. I guess some people are too biased to see the bias though.

If critics feel like being disingenuous out of some odd spite towards video game movies (or more likely: wallet-padding from rival studios), I have no problem blaming them.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Mediocre would be 75% not the ridiculous 26% from critics on RT. I guess some people are too biased to see the bias though.

If critics feel like being disingenuous out of some odd spite towards video game movies (or more likely: wallet-padding from rival studios), I have no problem blaming them.
    The ratings on RT are most of time time lower than IMDB but it will drop to like 70% or maybe lower (65k votes is still a small number - if the votes don't reach like 100k+ that means the movie failed to be popular).There are many blind hardcore fans who will give the movie 8+ that's why some ratings are inflated.

Overall the movie was enjoyable. I agree with comments about beginning being too fast paced and skipping around. At the same time I feel the movie overall was too fast paced along with being too fan focused. Personally felt what was covered could of spanned two or three movies potentially including the rest of Warcraft 1. I found the CGI to pull me out sometimes due to issues with blending in in some scenes. There was also parts where high detail was in foreground while overly fake in the background.

A squeal is likely and I hope a better job is done with the pacing and consistency with CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by demonhunter50 View Post
    -1 for weak dialogue,-1 lots of plot holes , -1 weak character development to the point where you just don't give a fuck if someone dies or not
    Wondering how much you would give Civil War.

-Film is a huge plot hole, there's no story unless you accept motivations of every characters that come out of nowhere, there's also no movie if key characters don't find themselves at a certain place at the right moment. The villain grand plan relies entirely on pure coincidence.

-A love interest that comes out of nowhere and feels even more awkward and useless than WarCraft's.

-At least WarCraft had balls to kill characters. Why would you care for anyone's safety in Civil War when you know they won't kill a hero. This removes any sense of danger. Also, if you thought (wc spoiler)Durotan's death had zero impact, maybe you simply are a mild sociopath.

-Civil war was 40 minutes longer or so to develop characters that were already shown in multiple movies before, and yet, most of these characters development felt rush and out of nowhere too. 90% Rotten Tomatoes.

So, the movie is a US box office bomb and without China would have been a huge flop. At least it seems they got the break even now (although some sources say it needs a +$400 million box office to break even) with $300m but it's still quite low for all the hype surrounding the movie. To be honest, all of this was more than likely to happen.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-06-16 at 08:20 AM.

I didn't like dwarves, elves, gryphons and wolves, as their CGI was way down from the foreground orcs. Dwarves looked plastic, elves had bad plastic ears, and feathers and fur were looking painted-on and too fake.

Also, as some critic noted, most Horde women were equipped for 2 dagger combat, but we've never seen it on-screen. Maybe they had problems with integrating orcs and actors, but there is almost no detailed combat scenes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Well,
    CGI looked bad to me, especially the orcs.

5/10
    Wuahah troll alert, you must be joking.

I rate this comment 4/10

I thought it was awesome i would give it 4/5 stars. There were plot twists but the story flowed pretty good. I only wish the movie was longer but it would take 5 hours to stick to 100% lore script, which would of been fine with me but not for others. I like how it delved right into the action and not so much talk.The CGI really captured the warcraft feel and fit really well. I don't get the negative reviews every person I've talked to in real life and in game loved it. My mom is a straight forward person and would tell me if it sucked, but she actually liked it. That is saying something. 100x better than Avatar, and rotten tomatoes is pretty much dead to me. Every movie I liked they said sucked and every movie I thought sucked they gave amazing reviews. I can't wait for a sequel, and the movie to come out on dvd so I can watch it over and over like every other movie I enjoy.

Some other positives about the movie is, 1. They didn't say God's name in vain every sentence, or cuss it was refreshing. 2. they Didn't shove any homosexuality in our faces like most the movies nowadays. And 3. They didn't push no PC climate change bullcrap like they do in films nowadays. It was refreshing to see a movie that didn't do that.

Also when the movie was over the whole theater applauded, something I haven't seen since the first lord of the rings movie.
    Last edited by Goretex; 2016-06-16 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    -Film is a huge plot hole, there's no story unless you accept motivations of every characters that come out of nowhere, there's also no movie if key characters don't find themselves at a certain place at the right moment. The villain grand plan relies entirely on pure coincidence.

-A love interest that comes out of nowhere and feels even more awkward and useless than WarCraft's.
    You're wrong on these two points. The main villain went to where he did because what he had been looking for wasn't in his possession. He was there to get it. That the main characters turned up together and fulfilled his plans sped things up, but even if they didn't turn up he would have had what he wanted and could engineer the delivery of it to the heroes at a later date. That seems pretty obvious to me.

The love interest started in winter soldier, she was his next door neighbour (assigned to watch him) and they had had flirted a bit in that movie, too. It may have been a weak love interest, but it wasn't really out of nowhere. I don't blame anyone for forgetting about it though, there was a pretty big gap between the movies, and she was overshadowed in that movie anyway.

Deleted
    Pretty good movie for a game adaptation. Watched it yesterday and was not disappointed in any major way. Infact I'm feeling the desire to ride a little through elwynn, stormwind and the blasted lands.

There was almost no Horde/Alliance involved, it's basically Orcs vs Humans, which is ok because that is where it all startet. Orcs also looked very uniform in the larger scale battles.

I hope china generates enough revenue to make Warcraft 2 happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Well, I wasn't going to go, but I got an invite from someone who offered to pay my way ( after I told them I don't pay to watch video game movies anymore). Here's my thoughts:

Wooden acting on the part of many, especially the Lothar guy. Especially apparent when he watches his son get gutted.

Pacing was all over the place. felt like to me that Jones couldn't decide how to make it flow scene to scene or within scenes, and just made random choices.

CGI looked bad to me, especially the orcs.

5/10
    I don't get this at all lol. I don't think they could of made a warcraft movie without CGI, because the orcs wouldn't feel warcrafty. And I thought the story flowed pretty well considering they didn't stick 100% to lore script.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    this isnt a comment on the movie being good or not, but rotten tomatoes suck literal ass they are a terrible site and give silly numbers to god awful movies on a regular basis
    Man isn't this the truth! I swear every movie I like, they give it like 2/5 stars lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Duncan Jones should of went the Game of Thrones route, and made warcraft into a series on HBO and go super slow on the story plot for super slow people.

Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    Maybe Duncan Jones should of went the Game of Thrones route
    That wasn't his call to make.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Wuahah troll alert, you must be joking.

I rate this comment 4/10
    The CGI is good when it's only CGI but when it mixes up with realistic shots it's just bad cause it seems out of place.

Honestly I felt more of a connection between Lothar and his gryphon than Lothar and the King.

I liked Taria Wrynn, I thought Khadgar was pretty funny, all the orcs were exceptional (especially Doomhammer).

I thought Blackhand was weirdly animated in some scenes. The wolves were kind of weird, I understand there intention of trying to keep the style of the Draenor wolves in-game, but it turned out looking like something between a husky and a cartoon dog.

Those are nitpicks though, all in all, I would give the film a 7-8/10.

Watch if you're a Warcraft fan or if you like watching a film with gryphons, magic and beautiful scenery and battles.