Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    I will listen to you when Russia's civil policy is enforced on your country until then it doesn't concern anybody except Russians

Deal with it
    Welcome to an international forum where we discuss pretty much anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will listen to you when Russia's civil policy is enforced on your country until then it doesn't concern anybody except Russians

Deal with it
    So you say the same about, say, ISIS's "civil policy"?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Why do you think they were arrested?
    According to the news, that was an unsanctioned demonstration. You know, where more than one people hold out banners and cry out slogans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought gays could be arrested in Russia for showing signs of being gay?
    No, they can not be arrested for that *sigh*. Seriously, you sound like propaganda ate your fucking brains out. They probably were arrested for trying to get into the embassy. But since there is no witnesses you, basically, have to way to figure what happened there.

I mean, other gay people didn't get arrested, it means that these two did something that others didn't do
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-06-16 at 06:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank goodness Russia isn't further southeast, so I can safely say "wow, this sucks, Russia should be easier on its gay population" without getting yelled at.
    I also don't have to make an obligatory comment about how it is probably unchecked mental illness on someone's part that led to the mistreatment of these gays and not actual homophobia or a society/culture/religion that frowns on homosexuality, how convenient for me.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2016-06-16 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Thank goodness Russia isn't further southeast, so I can safely say "wow, this sucks, Russia should be easier on its gay population" without getting yelled at.
    I also don't have to make an obligatory comment about how it is probably unchecked mental illness on someone's part that led to the mistreatment of these gays and not actual homophobia or a society/culture/religion that frowns on homosexuality, how convenient for me.
    You mean...Japan?

If you wanna be Mr. Smartypants at least get basic geography right.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a fake, you know, It couldn't have happened because everyone in the west knows that Putin incinerated all the gays in Russia last year.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I think we've finally found a topic too toxic for the Putin cheer-leading squad to defend, considering this has been up for well over an hour now.
    well they were lucky they didnt try it in saudi arabia - there theycould get stoned to death for sodomia //shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    So you say the same about, say, ISIS's "civil policy"?
    Is it law in your country?
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Welcome to an international forum where we discuss pretty much anything.
    Just because we can doesn't mean we should
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No, they can not be arrested for that *sigh*. Seriously, you sound like propaganda ate your fucking brains out. They probably were arrested for trying to get into the embassy. But since there is no witnesses you, basically, have to way to figure what happened there.

I mean, other gay people didn't get arrested, it means that these two did something that others didn't do
    Probably posing with those signs for their "social media outlet" and filming it - which can be easily seen as picketing.

After all, article says they filmed their arrest and got photos of "fallen sign".

Deal with it
    Then that means you support ISIS executing people, because they are doing it in their own caliphate... I believe you said it... deal with it. You probably thought other countries shouldn't be concerned about the Holocaust, since it was not in their borders.

I do not subscribe to that belief, because I actually support freedom. You may be fine with oppression, especially when it does not affect you, but I'm sure you'd be the first to whine when someone chose to oppress you. I guess when that day comes, you should just deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because we can doesn't mean we should
    You don't seem to want others to post, or be concerned about things that happen in other countries. Maybe you should practice what you preach.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    why does it matter if the russian gays "mourn" for some random gay?

anyways.. . wtf would flowers do a building a world away???
    Because showing respect to those that have died is an awful thing? >_>

Seemed to be an awful lot of other flowers placed there. Did all those other people get arrested?
    How did they have time to take a photo of his sign laying on the ground? A set up maybe...
    The article is not telling the full truth. Moral of the story. You can't 100% believe the media. Those that do, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post

Here's 18 ways you can get arrested for being gay in Russia

18-ways-to-get-arrested-in-russia-for-being-gay-or-gay-

Arresting a gay flash mob, lol

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post

Think about it.
    Touché my friend

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's 18 ways you can get arrested for being gay in Russia

18-ways-to-get-arrested-in-russia-for-being-gay-or-gay-

Arresting a gay flash mob, lol
    Wait you really believe that article? Lol. It's all lies.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    You mean...Japan?

If you wanna be Mr. Smartypants at least get basic geography right.
    Mostly referring to southeast of Moscow (cause Moscow Police).