Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Unpopular opinion: I really liked and enjoyed The Oculus.
    I like it and I know it's partly teenage-like reactionary behavior to blame. I saw so many people rage-quit when they saw it come up that they gave the impression it's the worst instance in the universe. Once I realized the only thing they have to do is to not agro everything and to get a rudimentary understanding of drakes (for leveling now not even that is needed, any drake kills the boss easily) I started thinking "this dungeon is amazing, those people are wrong".

Vanilla: Maybe pre-revamp ST but hard to say as I have so many fond memories of running all 5 mans with friends back then.

TBC: Shadow labyrinth

Wrath: Nexus (maybe) another hard one to pick

Cataclysm: Grim Batol as I'd always been fascinated with the story and spent ages stealthing around the place in vanilla hoping there was a secret way inside.

MoP: Going to cheat and use a scenario: Battle for the high seas (or whatever it was called). Didn't really enjoy the 5 mans.

WoD: I like the theme of the harbour and I did chuckle at the quips between the two orcs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Original Stratholme/Scholo,deadmines,BRD,Scarlet Monastery

Top 5(no particular order)

1. Vanilla Deadmines
    2. Vanilla Scholomance
    3. Mechanar
    4. Halls of Lightning
    5. Nexus

For me its Shadow labyrints, Violet hold, Occulus, Auchindoun or Zul'Gurub.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmion View Post
    Classic: Most were great, Scholomance top pick (but several contenders)
    TBC: Shattered Halls followed by Arcatraz (other good dungeons)
    Wotlk: No really great one, but let´s say...Ahn'kahet
    Cata: Halls of Origination, no debate
    MoP: No really great one, but let´s say...Gate of the setting sun
    WoD: All okay-ish, but Shadowmoon was my favourite

For reference, I like long dungeons with many bosses and meaningful trash. Early Cata Heroics were the best dungeon experience I had in this game.
    I remember that in Halls of Origination, it actually mattered what order you killed stuff in, at least until we out-geared it. Nice to have 5-mans where some details matter.

- - - Updated - - -

I farmed Halls of Reflection today on my hunter to get the bow. Even at a point where I'm one-shotting bosses with auto-shot, it was still enjoyable from a lore/artwork/music perspective. The music at the end while you're trying to escape is so perfect thematically. Brought back so many great memories. I really hope this comes to TW some day so a whole new generation can appreciate how great it was.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Well of eternity.
    When we try to hold of that demonic horde hearing illidan's cry and get hyped was only thing to do in there.

Classic: UBRS, LBRS, Scholo, Maraudon, Sunken Temple
    TBC: ShadowLab, Sethekk Halls, Steamvaults
    WotLK: Halls of Lightning, Gundrak, Drak'tharon
    Cata: Grim Batol, Zul'Aman, Zul'Gurub
    MoP: There were dungeons in MoP? none of them was really any good.
    WoD: Skyreach

Old UBRS or Gundrak is probably my all time favorite.
    Last edited by Skayaq; 2016-06-16 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toolsv View Post
    What I really like though are the Vanilla style big expansive dungeons with somewhat self-contained stories and multiple wings. I recognise that they don't work in a world where dungeons are run through dungeon finder and everyone just wants to smash them out as fast as possible, but they were a really good experience.
    Couldn't agree more. Dungeons back then were bigger and had more story than todays raids. There was something magnificent and interesting about exploring dungeons such as Uldaman or Maraudon that you don't find much of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Blackrock depths. Anyone not picking this MASTERpiece of a dungeon, in my humble opinion, have no clue on what makes an immersive and truly impressive dungeon expirience.

There was nothing before, and nothing since, that dungeon.
    Again, couldn't agree more. Out of all the huge dungeons in Vanilla, this was the masterpiece, with 21 bosses, lots of quest lines involvement and even that anvil that blacksmiths had to get to in order to craft things. Comparing something like this to todays version of "lets put 4 dudes in different rooms and call it a dungeon" makes me kind of sad.

Deleted
    For me the dungeon I had most fun in was UBRS.

As for raid, it has to be original Naxxramas.

End time for dungeons, AQ for raids.
    My mind has left, my body follows

Deleted
    Pretty much all my favorite dungeons are from Vanilla, but the top 5 would be something like this

1: Vanilla Stratholme
    2: Vanilla Scholomance
    3: Maraudon (Earth Song Falls)
    4: Vanilla Deadmines
    5: Vanilla Scarlet Monestary

I quite liked Culling of Stratholme and Halls of reflection, though i suppose nothing quite beats your first dungeon experience which happened to be Shadowfang Keep for me back in BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally my favourites are probably Magister's Terrace, Shadow Labyrinth, Vanilla Scholomance and Grimrail. A lot of people will say BRD but although the non-linear sprawling aspect was kind of cool, I didn't think it played very well in practice, and most actual runs I did there with random pugs were a nightmare back in the day!

Gotta love the edgelords citing a dungeon from each expansion but bitterly writing "None" next to Warlords.

The Zul revamps. Ran them pretty much everyday back in Cata.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-06-16 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    Blackrock Depths.

For Dungeons, definitely Well of Eternity, Raid wise, I can't just pick one, Tier 11 raids and Firelands were my most memorable and favorite.

Deleted
    Mine:

Classic: Scarlet Cathedral
    TBC: Magister's Terrace
    Wrath: ToC (farmed the shit out of that when I first hit 80)
    Cata: Lost City of the Tol'vir
    Mists: Scholomance (Scarlet Monastery came close)
    WoD: Auchindoun

I have tons of favourite instances as a dungeon lover but if I had to narrow them down for each expansion.
    Classic: Stratholme, Zul Farrak, Sunken Temple.
    TBC: Magister's terrace, All Coilfang Reservoir instances, especially underbog for some reason xD
    WotlK: Utgrade Pinnacle, The Nexus
    Cata: Vortex Pinnacle, Stonecore, Zul instances, Well of Eternity
    MoP: Jade Temple, Stormstout brewery, Mogu'shan palace
    WoD: Everbloom, Shadowmoon Burial Grounds