Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Why the fuck are you guys so stubborn and selfish that you don't give a shit about the 5 others?
    I'm not stubborn, I do adapt to team needs, if I feel like it. But sometimes I feel like freezing people with a Mei, even though we lack support or tank. And sometimes I feel like practicing Genji, or Hanzo or Tracer, even if said characters don't fit into team composition in that moment. That's why I feel like others have just as much rights to do whatever they want, as I have.
    Just keep in mind that things are most likely going to change, once the competitive gamemode will be deployed. Until then, maybe stop thinking of your team mates as "mentally retarded donkeys".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No, it is possible, you click H at your base, and pick Reaper instead of Mercy. You don't always need a support and/or a tank
    But it would be better is the 3rd hanzo goes reaper so we can actually have a tank/support and a reaper to deal with other shit.
    Its a team based game with people playing for them selfs because "they paid for it".

I already play for the team, I can't do every single role.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperhyve View Post
    I'm not stubborn, I do adapt to team needs, if I feel like it. But sometimes I feel like freezing people with a Mei, even though we lack support or tank. And sometimes I feel like practicing Genji, or Hanzo or Tracer, even if said characters don't fit into team composition in that moment. That's why I feel like others have just as much rights to do whatever they want, as I have.
    Just keep in mind that things are most likely going to change, once the competitive gamemode will be deployed. Until then, maybe stop thinking of your team mates as "mentally retarded donkeys".
    I wish Competative was here already because how the community behaves in QM is just disturbing.
    And just so you know, I ask people once to actually pick something that will benefit the team and if I don't get a reply or I get yelled at I don't talk anymore and block the person and try to actually get a win out of it somehow.
    I am not salty in game or do I yell or talk down to people. I ask once nicely and then give up.

That being said the way other people treat me and other people in game that actually want to win/play as a team is absolutely disgusting and something I would never have expected in a TEAM based shooter.
    So yeah I called them mentally retarded donkeys because thats how they act.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Where does this playerbase come from?

Since the release ive seen shitloads of insults,wishing you die of diseases,fuck you etc after tryhards losing matches.
    LoL community or? Never played that and never will.
    So, do you think those people REALLY want to stand over you and watch you die from a disease. Do you think they really want to have sexual intercourse with you?

No. No they don't.

Welcome to the internet where people who let pure emotion drive their statements in a moment of anger will say something totally absurd in an attempt to communicate their dissatisfaction with how you play a video game. They don't mean it, and if you are so sensitive that hearing that bothers you this much in [current year] - idk - go live under a rock or something where no one can hurt your feelings.

If you were the target of this "toxicity" and honestly felt like you did nothing to deserve it then you wouldn't be here. You should know by now that when dealing with random strangers in any setting one or two assholes will sprout up. (assuming you are an adult)

So that means you are either:

1. An oversensitive man-child.
    2. Someone who earned a verbal thrashing and came here to deflect and seek validity blaming those evil, toxic cretins you met online.

Nice try. Well played.

Yes i get salty in this game. Mostly it's because my team is just borderline awful with no clue about anything and when you try to ask them nicely to switch heroes, they don't. Also they just run into the opposing team 1v6 and instantly die... I try to ask for people to group up, nope...

Stupidity of players makes me salty and very annoyed. I play to win, that's fun for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    But it would be better is the 3rd hanzo goes reaper so we can actually have a tank/support and a reaper to deal with other shit.
    Its a team based game with people playing for them selfs because "they paid for it".

I already play for the team, I can't do every single role.
    It would be, but if it haven't already it means that it won't happen at all or until it's too late. If your team is in dire need of Reaper to deal with Winstons that ravages your 3 Hanzos and Mercy (because, lets be real here, if your team has 3 Hanzos, you spend at least half of your time healing them and standing behind), why do you exactly stick with Mercy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    Welcome to the internet where people who let pure emotion drive their statements in a moment of anger will say something totally absurd in an attempt to communicate their dissatisfaction with how you play a video game. They don't mean it, and if you are so sensitive that hearing that bothers you this much in [current year] - idk - go live under a rock or something where no one can hurt your feelings.
    I love how you've made your statement universally applicable, no matter the actual year. I don't know why I find it amusing, but your text sounds like it's quoted from a treatise in a science journal.
    Meh.. whatever, I'm just weird.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It would be, but if it haven't already it means that it won't happen at all or until it's too late. If your team is in dire need of Reaper to deal with Winstons that ravages your 3 Hanzos and Mercy (because, lets be real here, if your team has 3 Hanzos, you spend at least half of your time healing them and standing behind), why do you exactly stick with Mercy?
    Mercy was just something that came to mind.
    I could be playing Rein/Winston/Lucio whatever else the team needs.
    I have no problem switching but I can't do all the necessary roles to counter the enemy team.

Lol some of you are funny. Apparently want a game where we all dance around in a circle holding hands. Really think about it. Most the people, if not all you don't really mean most the crap they say. I've literally talked trash for example during a match, just to kill other players while they are typing something back (it's quite funny when it happens). Just ignore them. Oh and wtf, someone bragging about reporting? Lmao.

The first problem Blizzard needs to do before listening to care bears is ban the cheaters. They aren't doing it fast enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Lol some of you are funny. Apparently want a game where we all dance around in a circle holding hands. Really think about it. Most the people, if not all you don't really mean most the crap they say. I've literally talked trash for example during a match, just to kill other players while they are typing something back (it's quite funny when it happens). Just ignore them. Oh and wtf, someone bragging about reporting? Lmao.

The first problem Blizzard needs to do before listening to care bears is ban the cheaters. They aren't doing it fast enough.
    I agree with banter and being aussie we banter a lot on our server but its always top tier shit talking. Sometimes people just get too fucking salty and they sound quite sad really. Sometimes teams just have zero synnergy while the opposing team has lots of synnergy either in hero makeup or playstyle. Shit happens that's why random groups are random.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post

You can trash talk without resorting to racist, homophobic, or sexist abuse; or resorting to physical threats of violence, sexual assault or wishing an unpleasant death on someone, their family or their pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You can trash talk without resorting to racist, homophobic, or sexist abuse; or resorting to physical threats of violence, sexual assault or wishing an unpleasant death on someone, their family or their pets.
    Depends on how sensitive you are. That type of banter happens all the time on oceanic servers because we aren't soft cocks.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Where does this playerbase come from?
    From mom's basement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care if people spew awful shit in random chat. I just ignore it.

But honestly, it's quite hilarious to see people "defending" it by accusing others of being thin-skinned or somesuch.

Let's call a dumb-ass a dumb-ass. You're defending people being dumb-asses. You can say "well we have to tolerate these people," but pretending like it's some sort of positive is idiotic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Depends on how sensitive you are. That type of banter happens all the time on oceanic servers because we aren't soft cocks.
    Oh yes, Australia is so hardcore...

Wait, Overwatch wasn't deemed too violent down under?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I don't really care if people spew awful shit in random chat. I just ignore it.

But honestly, it's quite hilarious to see people "defending" it by accusing others of being thin-skinned or somesuch.

Let's call a dumb-ass a dumb-ass. You're defending people being dumb-asses. You can say "well we have to tolerate these people," but pretending like it's some sort of positive is idiotic.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes, Australia is so hardcore...

Wait, Overwatch wasn't deemed too violent down under?
    Yes we have had a pretty fucked history of game classification. It's why I used to torrent most games back in the 00's because the Aussie versions were censored/banned. It really started because of Carmageddon which was one hell of a fun game back in the day.

We speak very un-pc yes AND its hard to guilt trip us. We are mainly descendants of prisoners and indentured slaves forced to help settle Australia by the British.
    Last edited by Bushtuckrman; 2016-06-16 at 12:43 PM.

The best is when premades always blame everyone for the loss except their friends. I've been blamed while having all gold medals. It's hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    have some fucking dignity holy shit, reporting people is fine but then going on to brag about it? wow just wow its basically a kid in the schoolyard going im telling mommy....
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperhyve View Post
    On the other hand, I don't get why people care so much. Being insulted online, however severly the insult may be, is completely different from being insulted in a real life situation. He aimed his insults at a "nickname in an online shooter", which is inherently different from a situation where someone would say something like that to another person's face. In this scenario, you don't even have to listen to the crap he's talking about. As soon as he's getting out of line with his statements - mute him.
    I have a few reasons for doing what I do. One is mirroring what the below poster said, here:

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    For me, it's purely selfish reasons. I don't care about being insulted, but I enjoy the game, and want to keep playing it. Every time a shit-heel like that pops off without repercussion, the chance of other people leaving the game increases. The more people that leave, the less I have to play with.
    Another is mirroring what the below poster said, here:

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Other than that, it's simple. I have no problem with trolling, ggez, noob, cursing, etc. I DO have a problem with slurs. Yes, I get a little offended when someone uses them. Yes, I will make sure that they know they are getting reported. How exactly is it that you equate telling someone they will be reported as being on the same level as telling them that you wish they were in the Orlando nightclub?

Racist/Homophobic/Sexist slurs are all things that are listed in every Blizzard ToS and Code of Conduct as being against their rules. People who break the rules should face consequences for doing so or they will continue to do so thinking that they can get away with it and that it's okay.

I don't want to be exposed to people like that during the time that I play. I play for relaxation and fun. Being insulted in that manner is not relaxing or fun. I don't want other people to be exposed to it, either.

If those people getting reported is what will get them chat muted/banned by Blizzard for their future games, that is what I will do and I won't feel remorse about it. I don't think it makes me "soft", I think it makes me moral.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2016-06-16 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    either im missing something or you missed me saying i didnt care if you reported people, but rather the need to tell them that you reported them, or perhaps i just fail to see how telling people that you reported them is going to keep people playing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    either im missing something or you missed me saying i didnt care if you reported people, but rather the need to tell them that you reported them, or perhaps i just fail to see how telling people that you reported them is going to keep people playing
    MOST people when insulted are going to respond in some manner, not just turn the other cheek. Instead of calling them whatever they called me, this is how I respond to it. Most normal people get frustrated and irritated and sometimes fall into the trap of responding to it, yeah? If my response made him retort with something even worse that he can get chat banned for, so be it.

Do you really enjoy being exposed to the type of player in game who goes around tossing slurs at people or would you rather someone out there actually did something about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Do you really enjoy being exposed to the type of player in game who goes around tossing slurs at people or would you rather someone out there actually did something about it?
    You're kinda like a baby-batman. You're the mod this game deserves, but not the mod this game needs right now!
    Anyway, whatever floats your boat, I guess. And I agree, with what you said about troll/trashtalk/banter and that it should never cross a certain line.
    But just as much as I don't wanna play with the one extreme (as in over-the-top insulting people), I don't want to play with the opposite extreme either. A good example for that kind of person would be the common LoL-Player (exaggeration). Pampered, spoiled, "everyone's-a-winner"-attitude players, that report you for the smallest bit of trashtalk. Even for saying "ggez", which is kinda iconic in games like overwatch.