Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I'll take the opposite tact and say I don't feel like I see enough POTGs from these heroes:

- Winston -- I've seen exactly one Winston POTG, and it was back on the beta weekend. I got a couple of environment kills (which are weighted too heavily, IMO) with my ult on Nepal, I think it is? Because his ultimate isn't particularly dangerous outside of contrived scenarios like that and his hit-and-run playstyle outside of the ult, he is hard to get one with.

- Lucio -- As somebody else mentioned, the only Lucio POTGs I've seen are based around environment kills. Those are fun, and sometimes even deserving, but I have literally not seen a POTG of him doing his primary job. And I include in that things like absorbing an enemy ult with his own.

- Symmetra -- I actually did just get one for a 3-4 kill (D.Va Mech + D.Va, Mercy, Soldier, however you choose to score that) with my regular attack that was pretty awesome. However I've only seen one other POTG from her in my time playing.

- Zenyatta -- Haven't seen one in live yet, but he's also the least-played hero in my playing experience. I think I saw a couple in a beta weekend. Do I remember reading recently that they changed POTG code because it's not interesting to watch him standing around glowing? I don't disagree, but it may have gone too far.

- D.Va -- I can't recall if I've ever seen one from her. Her ultimate, while it's good tactically for forcing an enemy team to scatter, is too easy to avoid 95% of the time to get the kind of big kills that show up on POTGs. Her guns can be super deadly up close but if she's that close there's a fair chance she's not going to survive long enough to chain kills, and at range, the POTG couldn't be anything more than her stealing 10-20 point kills because the damage fall-off is high and the POTG window is short.

I think most of the others are in a fine spot, with maybe Reinhardt and Tracer on the low end and Mercy and Torbjorn on the high end. With Torb, I think all they need to do is cut the contribution toward POTG from his turrets; if the actual player is going ham--and he's certainly powerful enough to do it--they by all means give him POTG. But, for example, a few days ago when I was playing with a friend and literally all he did for his POTG was stand there smashing on his turret while it did the work isn't something deserving of POTG for me. I do like that they try to give credit to people who interrupt enemy ultimates though, even if the play sometimes isn't terribly interesting in the end.

I think the #1 change they could make to the POTG system is to make the window (and replay) a little bit longer. That would help get more plays that aren't just ultimates into the picture more consistently and open it up to more heroes at the same time. And for ults that don't just happen instantly (Genji for example) it may make it even more epic by including kills it wouldn't have.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post

- Zenyatta -- Haven't seen one in live yet, but he's also the least-played hero in my playing experience. I think I saw a couple in a beta weekend. Do I remember reading recently that they changed POTG code because it's not interesting to watch him standing around glowing? I don't disagree, but it may have gone too far.
    Funny seeing that here. I healed my team through a reaper ult on top of the payload, still didn't get it. I even got the achievement for healing a huge amount with my ult at the same time.

I've been recording some of my plays just for the heck of it, this is what 75% of my plays of the game are:

Last edited by Sting; 2016-06-16 at 03:05 AM.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    - D.Va -- I can't recall if I've ever seen one from her. Her ultimate, while it's good tactically for forcing an enemy team to scatter, is too easy to avoid 95% of the time to get the kind of big kills that show up on POTGs. Her guns can be super deadly up close but if she's that close there's a fair chance she's not going to survive long enough to chain kills, and at range, the POTG couldn't be anything more than her stealing 10-20 point kills because the damage fall-off is high and the POTG window is short.
    If you wanna see a D.Va PotG, just pick Zarya to go with her, and drop your ults together. It works!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If you wanna see a D.Va PotG, just pick Zarya to go with her, and drop your ults together. It works!
    Yeah, that would probably work. Then again I think Zarya should get POTG for that, especially in situations where she had high energy and would have been nuking peoples' faces off anyway if somebody hadn't ulted on top. :/ I have gotten and seen a decent share of Zarya POTGs though so I can't complain about her.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

15+ Year Old Account
    In my ~70 games as Mercy I've got PotG twice, and I'm proud of both instances.

1. I ressed two of my team mates, then got a Shutdown on a Reaper who was using his ultimate on the point.
    2. I flew towards a dead Reaper who was on the contested control point and ressed him, the then went on to get 4 kills (sadly we missed defending the point by about 1 second).

I actually really like the fact that the second case the PotG was awarded to me instead of Reaper, as it seems that the game factored in that I was the one that let Reaper get his quad kill on the objective.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

D.va can get em on Nepal or places where there isn't enough room to run.

Torbjorn is my least favorite unless it is him killing stuff. The best one I had was tonight it was Torbjorn running back from dying and his turret getting 3 objective kills.

I see a decent chunk of Lucio, if you get environment kills on people ulting or if you Ult on the Objective to cause a win.

Zenyatta is the one I see the least for sure. Probably Widow as well, seen a couple but not a lot. Just rarely gets enough kills quick enough and the ones I've seen are usually Shutdowns.

Hanzo is the one I see the most and it is always an ult.

Getting a shutdown on the objective usually gets you a POTG. I see a lot of Bastion, but that is normally because I play him frequently. And it is normally me killing 3 to 5 people during the start or on the objective getting a clear.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    I have seen so many Reaper PoTGs that I just want to kill all the Reapers I see before they can activate their ults. Same for Hanzo. >.>
    Which is crazy. Every-time I kill a team with my Reaper ult I chuckle and instantly think about what I would of done on their team to prevent that with the characters they are playing. Reaper ult is one of, if not the easiest ult to prevent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Which is crazy. Every-time I kill a team with my Reaper ult I chuckle and instantly think about what I would of done on their team to prevent that with the characters they are playing. Reaper ult is one of, if not the easiest ult to prevent.
    If you drop out of nowhere it can be hard to deal with Reaper all of a sudden.

Their are few good places/situations where Reaper suddenly showing up can clear out the other team while they don't even notice you (I know because I did that)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Well junkrat can wipe out the whole enemy team with a well placed "tire." I actually enjoy the "tire" potg
    I guess you never get "tired" of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Funny seeing that here. I healed my team through a reaper ult on top of the payload, still didn't get it. I even got the achievement for healing a huge amount with my ult at the same time.

I've been recording some of my plays just for the heck of it, this is what 75% of my plays of the game are:
    I did get a PotG with Zenyatta when ult and heal through Reapers ult as well the entire team attacking.

Deleted
    This can be easily fixed if they stop giving Potg when an ultimate is used, Id rather see a nicely done double kill than a junkrat wheel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    here is a Torb septuple kill for you

he's just overpowered and needs a nerf
    First of, that killing was partly cause of your team. Torbjörn ain't that op. The idea is how to play him correctly.

Stop feeding turrets like lemmings and he won't get potg.

10+ Year Old Account

I haven't seen as many Torbjorn POTG compared to, for me and my friends at least, the standard Reaper or Soldier:76 or Hanzo POTGs. I wouldn't say he's OP at all. As D.Va all I do is charge/fly towards his turrets and take them down in close range with no issue. And damn, his turret seems to have a range limit. I've taken down turrets with Mei's icicle attack and drops them down without being hit at all myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You can easily blame players for stacking up and rushing towards bastion. Doesn't have to be that Bastion is OP for POTG cams. Bastion is that kind of hero where if you rush on him from few sides, he can't kill you all.
    Exactly. People keep complaining how he's OP but Bastion is easily countered if you play wisely...which most people don't. They just rush in there.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    You can easily blame players for stacking up and rushing towards bastion. Doesn't have to be that Bastion is OP for POTG cams. Bastion is that kind of hero where if you rush on him from few sides, he can't kill you all.
    This so bloody much. People just rush in like a herd of bulls hence why Bastion picks them off.