Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Because its perfectly legal to walk around carrying an AR-15 in public in the US as long as its not concealed.
    Make it illegal, half problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    0.003% murder rate for our 320+ million population yearly. Clearly things are out of control and the streets are running red with blood. lol
    Never said that. Your rates arent on par with the rest of the industrialised world.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Because its perfectly legal to walk around carrying an AR-15 in public in the US as long as its not concealed.
    Not in all states.

And do it and see how many people call the cops out of fear. You say that like it is common knowledge that someone walking around with a rifle, downtown, in a major city, is perfectly accepted by all.

So your explanation amounts to nothing. It is like saying that "technically, it's not illegal for a guy to walk around screaming about aliens and brandishing a pocket knife on the sidewalk," but do that shit and see how quick the cops get involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Make it illegal, half problem solved.
    Nah, logical solutions are not a part of the agenda.

Want my guns? Come take them.

Do you care about your own?
    Freedom is never free.

Cliche, but I really don't have another answer to that.

But for the record I've had direct family members die to a gun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    That is not how it works, they want other people with guns, to come and take your guns. lol

That is not how it works, they want other people with guns, to come and take your guns. lol
    Cops are racist murderers. They can't be trusted.

Only cops should have guns!

-Liberal logic

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    Nobody cares about taking away your guns unless you are some psycho, or do you want crazy people to buy guns freely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Cops are racist murderers. They can't be trusted.

Only cops should have guns!

-Liberal logic
    We love the military

But we need all the guns we can to slaughter them.

- right wing logic

ou this simplifying and generalizing everything sure is fun no wonder you guys like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Nobody cares about taking away your guns unless you are some psycho, or do you want crazy people to buy guns freely.
    Define Crazy?

How do you determine if a person is crazy? When someone that has no history of being crazy, or having a criminal record, goes and buys a gun and commits murder, how could you have prevented that?

Do you understand what you are saying?

You just said that you don't want this guy's gun. Let's say 2 years from now, he goes Alahu Ackbar and shoots up a place? What will you say then? Cause hindsight is a motherfucker.

There are numerous people in this thread advocating the complete removal of guns.

Or at the very least, removing certain types of guns people already own. So that would still quantify as "taking their guns" really.

So what if he bought the guns and waited 2 years? You would justify the monitoring expenses then? Come on... you are flip flopping badly.

Make up your mind. You either justify the monitoring expenses or you don't.
    You're flailing. You wanted him to monitored indefinitely. I'm saying start watching him when he buys guns. What is so ridiculous about that? The guy didn't wait years. We could have stopped him, by simply adding gun purchases to the flagging system. Your hypotheticals aren't actually dealing with what happened.

I don't care about other countries to be quite blunt.
    typical.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

We love the military

But we need all the guns we can to slaughter them.

- right wing logic

ou this simplifying and generalizing everything sure is fun no wonder you guys like it.
    That's actually wrong as fuck. They don't trust the government and admit freely that most soldiers will not turn guns on the populace. Meanwhile liberals have this idea that the military will shoot up their family and firends.

A better example would be

We love the military

We will not fund their care once they leave service

- Conservative logic.
    But I don't expect logic from you guys.

Define Crazy?

How do you determine if a person is crazy? When someone that has no history of being crazy, or having a criminal record, goes and buys a gun and commits murder, how could you have prevented that?

Do you understand what you are saying?

You just said that you don't want this guy's gun. Let's say 2 years from now, he goes Alahu Ackbar and shoots up a place? What will you say then? Cause hindsight is a motherfucker.
    right now as the status quo anyone can get a gun it's harder to get your driver's license and buy a car than it is to become a gun owner. does that seem right to you? Or is it that you don't understand that every hoop they have to jump through is another chance at stopping them or lowering the body count?
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2016-06-16 at 12:42 PM.

right now as the status quo anyone can get a gun it's harder to get your driver's license and buy a car than it is to become a gun owner. does that seem right to you?
    So you refuse to answer?

Okay.

Oh, and the way I see people drive and the amount of deaths that come from cars, I think it is way too easy to get a license.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You're flailing. You wanted him to monitored indefinitely. I'm saying start watching him when he buys guns. What is so ridiculous about that? The guy didn't wait years. We could have stopped him, by simply adding gun purchases to the flagging system. Your hypotheticals aren't actually dealing with what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Dodge completed. 9/10.
    Typical.
    Typical of what?

I don't really care how other countries run their governments, their laws, or their cultures. If I did I would move there.

- - - Updated - - -

right now as the status quo anyone can get a gun it's harder to get your driver's license and buy a car than it is to become a gun owner. does that seem right to you? Or is it that you don't understand that every hoop they have to jump through is another chance at stopping them or lowering the body count?
    Why is it harder to buy a car?

I don't recall getting a drivers license or buying a car being overly difficult. I'd say they are about the same as buying a gun.

Yeah, there is that.

It is hard to demand that guns be banned when it is proven over and over and over and over again that authorities do not take action until AFTER a crime is committed.

All that wire tapping and they really let a motherfucker post on FB that he is about to commit mass murder, call the cops, and he still does it.

Dude called 911 and said he was gonna commit mass murder. And people think calling 911 will somehow keep them from getting killed?
    I'll say this again since you guys aren't really paying attention.

He was on an FBI watch list. If he had tried to buy airline tickets a red flag would have popped up and the FBI would have intervened or followed. If the same system worked for guns this would have been stopped.

Contrary to popular belief, FB is not the government or FBI. 911 dispatchers aren't the FBI either.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

That's actually wrong as fuck. They don't trust the government and admit freely that most soldiers will not turn guns on the populace. Meanwhile liberals have this idea that the military will shoot up their family and firends.

A better example would be

But I don't expect logic from you guys.
    I did say generalizing and simplifying so it's laughable to hear to talk about logic when your views seem to be to ignore the issues or pretend it's not happening.

Deleted
    Freedom is never free.

Cliche, but I really don't have another answer to that.

But for the record I've had direct family members die to a gun.

- - - Updated - - -

Freedom.... To carry guns?
    Is it worth your own countrymen lives?

Typical of what?

I don't really care how other countries run their governments, their laws, or their cultures. If I did I would move there.
    I dealt precisely with what you said. That isn't a dodge.

Its a typical dodge. I'm asking you a specific question, and you're turning that question into something else. I don't care where you want to live and it has fuck all to do with my point. Now maybe you understand what a dodge is.

Freedom.... To carry guns?
    Is it worth your own countrymen lives?
    "Djalil do you still beat your wife?"

Loaded questions like these are fun I know.

You won't like the answer to that question nor do I feel like being bombard with unwarranted insults calling me a psychopath, so I'll leave it to your imagination.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a little FYI for all of you:

NRA Statement on Terror Watchlists

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 15, 2016
    Fairfax, Va.— The executive director of the National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action, Chris W. Cox, released the following statement regarding terror watchlists:

View Related Articles

We are happy to meet with Donald Trump. The NRA's position on this issue has not changed. The NRA believes that terrorists should not be allowed to purchase or possess firearms, period. Anyone on a terror watchlist who tries to buy a gun should be thoroughly investigated by the FBI and the sale delayed while the investigation is ongoing. If an investigation uncovers evidence of terrorist activity or involvement, the government should be allowed to immediately go to court, block the sale, and arrest the terrorist. At the same time, due process protections should be put in place that allow law-abiding Americans who are wrongly put on a watchlist to be removed. That has been the position of Sen. John Cornyn (R.-Tex.) and a majority of the U.S. Senate. Sadly, President Obama and his allies would prefer to play politics with this issue.
    So they said their stance on this has not changed and they approve of sale blocks on people on the watch list. However people here keep saying it is the NRA that was preventing it?

This may come as a surprise, but I am not a NRA member and never plan to be, so I can only go based on what I find on the internet.

Deleted
    "Djalil do you still beat your wife?"

Loaded questions like these are fun I know.

You won't like the answer to that question nor do I feel like being bombard with unwarranted insults calling me a psychopath, so I'll leave it to your imagination.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a little FYI for all of you:
    Never touched my wife. That's not a loaded question. Its just that you YOURSELF find the answer to the question I asked embarrassing. And you're right, it is.

So they said their stance on this has not changed and they approve of sale blocks on people on the watch list. However people here keep saying it is the NRA that was preventing it?

This may come as a surprise, but I am not a NRA member and never plan to be, so I can only go based on what I find on the internet.
    They prevented the previous bill from passing just like they do anything that has to do with guns so that is just a lie from the NRA.