Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So I just played this spec on the ptr and it feels really good IMO, far better then the other 2 specs

I played the spec on the PTR and I noticed that the Mongoose Bite buff doesn't refresh itself upon further stacks. How are you supposed to play the spec with MB? I was thinking that you always want MB on CD to not waste procs but then again the buff will never stack high since it doesnt refresh upon using MB after the first one.
    Minions... servants... soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
    *chills*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhod View Post
    I played the spec on the PTR and I noticed that the Mongoose Bite buff doesn't refresh itself upon further stacks. How are you supposed to play the spec with MB? I was thinking that you always want MB on CD to not waste procs but then again the buff will never stack high since it doesnt refresh upon using MB after the first one.
    You pool MB stacks until shortly before 3 charges of MB are available. Then you open the Mongoose Bite window with the first one. In this window, you try to maximize your usage of MB and spells, that reset it. Once the MB window reaches it's end, you want to use Fury of the Eagle, which deals tremendous damage with Mongoose Fury and extends the buff by a fixed amount. With a bit of reset luck and enough haste you can then squeeze in 1-2 MBs between the end of FotE and the MB window closing.

Then you proceed with all other abilities until 2-3 charges of MB are available again and repeat.

Unsure if this has been posted as yet... Testing SV with a friend on PTR last night and we think we discovered a bug, which we both subsequently reported of course.

Would seem that if a target is already debuffed with Dragonsfire Grenade from hunter A, a second throw from hunter B won't do anything. We noticed during random dungeon fun whereby one of us would sky-rocket in damage and the other just wouldn't.

Deleted
    class trinket on ptr

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    SimC Way of the Mok'Nathal is bugged and inflating Serpent Stings damage, adding about 10k extra that it shouldn't have when paired together. This was posted here last Sunday and hasn't been fixed yet. To get a clearer picture of Mok'Nathal, combine a sim with and without Mok'Nathal and reduce Serpent Stings damage from the difference. There's also some APL there (prior link) you might want to play with that has some moknathal_tactics.remains>= calls.
    Slightly old quote but still.

On the ptr moknatal effect ALL abilitys, including serpenting and traps and all the talentes etc.

Is it possible to get your artifact on the PTR or is it only available on the beta?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Is it possible to get your artifact on the PTR or is it only available on the beta?
    beta only ,10char

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    beta only ,10char
    Thanks! Then i can stop looking

So, is there a guide I can look at somewhere to help me understand what my rotation/priorities are on the PTR? Between all of the changes the class and spec got, along with the stat changes, it's hard to tell if my DPS is low because of tuning, or if it's low because I am playing bad.

Best info I have found so far is trueshotlodge . i would post the link but i dont post enough to be allowed.
    And thanks to who runs the site.

Deleted
    So I played this on ptr but dont have dps meter, is the damage good because i heard MM and BM is pretty shit on the ptr?
    To me it feels better then MM or BM

Deleted
    what seems to be the best stat prio for sv atm?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    what seems to be the best stat prio for sv atm?
    Haste > Vers > Crit >Mastery

Only early tests... might change

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    So I played this on ptr but dont have dps meter, is the damage good because i heard MM and BM is pretty shit on the ptr?
    To me it feels better then MM or BM
    Getting about 40k-46k on the elites in Tanaan, at about 722 ilvl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serra2 View Post
    Getting about 40k-46k on the elites in Tanaan, at about 722 ilvl
    well i probably do better on SV because all my gear (739) is crit-ms on live and becomes critt-haste on ptr wich is way better for SV then for the ranged specs since I have no mastery
    Also I think the class trinket might be really good for SV (i only have the heroic one tho)

I also heard every spec does less damage overall
    from live dps around 100+k dps most specs are around 60k on ptr even at high gear lvls
    Last edited by mmocb6c41d5544; 2016-06-16 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    I also heard every spec does less damage overall
    from live dps around 100+k dps most specs are around 60k on ptr even at high gear lvls
    I already know this is going to skew my subjective enjoyment quite substantially XD even when trying to compare to my other toons :P

Deleted
    Ok, so, the pre-patch test realm popped up, I copied my 100 Hunter over, & sorted her specs out.

Firstly, you can grab http://www.wowhead.com/item=129829/s...lord&bonus=692 from the Timewalikng event (TBC, starts 20th July next), they do mail you a 655 green, but if you wanna steal a march, you can get a 685 for the scenario so its not that big a deal, but there it is. Anyway, my first thoughts are that SV with my 100 toon, the spec ain't bad at all, Survivalist & Exhilaration do a decent job of keeping you alive, & it's decent enough, if a tad weird being in melee range, oh & the threat problem with regards to pets seems to affect BM too, judging by the Tanaris invasion test I did.

All that said, once you get your artifact & the little extra bits that go with it, things seem more disjointed. Just a thought..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    Ok, so, the pre-patch test realm popped up, I copied my 100 Hunter over, & sorted her specs out.

Firstly, you can grab http://www.wowhead.com/item=129829/s...lord&bonus=692 from the Timewalikng event (TBC, starts 20th July next), they do mail you a 655 green, but if you wanna steal a march, you can get a 685 for the scenario so its not that big a deal, but there it is. Anyway, my first thoughts are that SV with my 100 toon, the spec ain't bad at all, Survivalist & Exhilaration do a decent job of keeping you alive, & it's decent enough, if a tad weird being in melee range, oh & the threat problem with regards to pets seems to affect BM too, judging by the Tanaris invasion test I did.

All that said, once you get your artifact & the little extra bits that go with it, things seem more disjointed. Just a thought..
    U can buy a 400g gold ilvl 710 polearm at the shrine in pandaria (giant tauren vendor on horde shrine), it is the conquest pvp vendor but moved over and he sells everything for gold instead of conquest

Deleted
    U can buy a 400g gold ilvl 710 polearm at the shrine in pandaria (giant tauren vendor on horde shrine), it is the conquest pvp vendor but moved over and he sells everything for gold instead of conquest
    That might just be a test server thing. His Name Flaskataur?

Deleted
    I'm really enjoying the playstyle of Survival in combat but one thing definitely troubles me about its' mobility.

On foot SV hunter moves at base speed only. No disengage with Post-haste (only harpoon which requires a hostile target) and Aspect of the Cheetah is very good but on a 3 minute cooldown. They just feel sluggish anytime AotC is on CD. Personally I'd like to see its' CD shortened significantly, even if it means a much shorter duration on the movement speed buff (how often do you need 9-12s of movement anyway?)

I'm definitely missing the jump+turn+disengage+land with posthaste combo and the passive glyphed AotC.