Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Life literally causes cancer, whose is giving these people money to write these articles.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Well, body keeps producing cells all the time, cuz majority of cells dun live that long. IIRC, we can get cancer by doing nothing and waiting for cell division to fail and produce cancer cells, that weren't disposed of ASAP.
    Of course, I was merely pointing out that the more rapid the cell division the more likely it is that some cell go " yeah I don't feel like dying even though I am useless now " and divide itself and thus you end up with a mob of old cells refusing to do the only useful thing left to do.

Deleted
    If drinking coffee caused cancer any more than drinking anything else, us Finns would've gone extinct a long, long time ago.

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/t...g-nations.html

In fact, there have been studies (or at least one) showing that regular coffee drinking actually prevents cancer from forming. So hey, there ya go.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/0...h-o-concludes/

EDIT: Apparently coffee was not on this list of "hot drinks" after all, so there we go.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-06-16 at 11:15 AM.

Life kills. More news at 11.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

If this thread was a product and this product was sold in California it would have a "This product can cause cancer" label.

Thanks California. Again.

Deleted
    What is the point of drinking liquids that are not lukewarm in the first place?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense. I have read eating food which is too hot can contribute to cancer. I put some cold Nestles chocolate milk in my coffee each morning, cooling it down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    What is the point of drinking liquids that are not lukewarm in the first place?
    One may enjoy it? Wine is served at room temperature often. Some like myself, like it chilled. I like my coffee just a little above lukewarm.

Deleted
    Uppon carefully examinating their data I have come to the conclusion that all of them also consumed water within 24 hours of developing the 1st cancerous cell.

Breaking news: Water causes cancer.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Uppon carefully examinating their data I have come to the conclusion that all of them also consumed water within 24 hours of developing the 1st cancerous cell.

Breaking news: Water causes cancer.
    It certainly may if it comes from Flint Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm a huge fan of coffee but I've never liked drinking it when it's so hot that it literally risks burning my mouth and tongue. I have no idea why people enjoy that - because it always seemed risky to me. Even if it doesn't cause cancer it can cause other oral based issues.
    Yeah...I'm a little flabbergasted that anyone drinks a beverage so hot that it can burn the hell out of your throat.
    I mean it's not as if cancer would be the issue so much that a blistered/charred throat wouldn't be relevant.

Honestly just do what you want, everyone dies stop worrying about it so much. This prevent it before it happens mentality prevents people from living their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I always throw a few ice cubes in my coffee anyway. Or I even just buy it iced. I've never understood why people enjoy drinking beverages hot enough to burn the tongue.
    Yep, like me dad who drinks coffee straight from the machine and QQ that its not hot enough yet it burns like hell, I also put ice in my coffee.

Question whatever you take for granted.