Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @Haidaes
    I guess that would depend on what actually counts as a sale. Do you buy one and then have to wait for x amount of time or do you file separately and then wait to buy one until you have the permission?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

I guess it's possible you could order them while in the waiting period? Not sure how that works.
    In the case of a waiting period, you purchase the firearm, fill out the background check, and all of that is submitted. You are then given a time period (based on State laws) on when you can come pick it up. That time period is based on the State's determination on how long the State police have to do a background check/file paperwork. In Maryland (my home state), there is no waiting period on long guns (rifles/shotguns), only a waiting period on scary plastic rifles and handguns. The waiting period is 7 days here, it is less/more other places.

Hope that helps.

Thanks to Rivellana for an awesome signature

Violence is a disease.

You don't cure a disease by infecting more with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Do you have to tell your sexual orientation when you want to buy a gun in the US? Or Is it written on US lgbt people's faces?
    I'm not saying it is true in every case, but generally speaking, every gay person I've met, its been pretty clear they were gay.

Mannerism, speech, clothing, hairstyle, or any combination.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Source: http://kdvr.com/2016/06/14/gun-sales...ando-shooting/

Would be interesting to see a nationwide poll on the LGBT community on this subject matter.

I fully support the right of the LGBT community to protect themselves. Do you?
    How do they know the gun owners are gay, is that part of the application?

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Violence is a disease.

Labelling it as a disease and implying that can be cured is nothing short of delusional.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    Do you have to tell your sexual orientation when you want to buy a gun in the US? Or Is it written on US lgbt people's faces?
    No. We are the land of the free. Looks can be misleading also. I watched Rock Hudson in movies and never thought he was gay.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    How do they know the gun owners are gay, is that part of the application?
    I had assumed much like people who do crossfit or are vegans, you know someone is gay because they tell you they are gay?

I dunno. Just taking a guess. I could be completely wrong.

I support the right for anyone to protect themselves. Their orientation or whatever is irrelevant.

Deleted
    Source: http://kdvr.com/2016/06/14/gun-sales...ando-shooting/

Would be interesting to see a nationwide poll on the LGBT community on this subject matter.

They are people or humans if you prefer, like me and you and last time I checked in the US you are allowed to have guns to protect yourself. Everyone has the right to protect themselves.

Deleted
    I'm not saying it is true in every case, but generally speaking, every gay person I've met, its been pretty clear they were gay.

OK! That's what I mean with "written on their faces". That means, if you met a gay person without all those things or any combination you just had no idea you just met a gay person!

From my experience, the ones who are quiet about it are the majority. Maybe not in the US. How can one know? Thats why I ask
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2016-06-16 at 02:16 PM. Reason: remove the french language

Background checks that once took minutes can now take hours. It's a sales surge similar to what happened after Sandy Hook and the Aurora theater shootings.
    seriously you can buy a gun after a bunch of minutes?
    rotfl, this is crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Does the law in Orlando prevent the lbgt community from protecting themselves?
    Carrying in bars varies from state to state, I do not know off the top of my head.

In Georgia we can carry in a bar with the express permission of the bar owner or acting agent (aka manager) on duty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    seriously you can buy a gun after a bunch of minutes?
    rotfl, this is crazy...
    Ready to have your mind blown?

In my state having a state issued carry permit (which requires fingerprinting and a background check) we get to skip the gunstore NICS background check all together. I buy my guns in seconds! ahhhh!

Violence is a disease.

except violence is the only thing that can put an end to violence. Properly directed violence i should say. When has peace ever really worked to stop evil?

Deleted
    Violence is a disease.

What would you call a lion attacking a zebra? A non-violent action? Even nature is violent...so yea, it’s not a disease. Human violence that is sparked by hatred/dislike is another thing...it all comes down to education and teaching young people that right ways to deal with problems. A world with no guns won’t help as long as people are the way they are...during medieval times, people were still very violent and they had bows, swords, etc. People will always have weapons (even if it’s their fists).

Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    What would you call a lion attacking a zebra? A non-violent action? Even nature is violent...so yea, it’s not a disease. Human violence that is sparked by hatred/dislike is another thing...it all comes down to education and teaching young people that right ways to deal with problems. A world with no guns won’t help as long as people are the way they are...during medieval times, people were still very violent and they had bows, swords, etc. People will always have weapons (even if it’s their fists).
    the root problem clearly doesnt matter to the anti gun crowd. They don't care if people are immoral, hateful, evil, murderous bastards that want to kill everyone...as long as they dont have a tool which helps them kill everyone...cause, fuck fixing the real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    except violence is the only thing that can put an end to violence. Properly directed violence i should say. When has peace ever really worked to stop evil?
    Gandhi says hi.

- - - Updated - - -

the root problem clearly doesnt matter to the anti gun crowd. They don't care if people are immoral, hateful, evil, murderous bastards that want to kill everyone...as long as they dont have a tool which helps them kill everyone...cause, fuck fixing the real problem.
    So let's legalize all weapons because you know increasing the body count doesn't matter all we need is education.

If they weren't pretty clearly gay, then you wouldn't know unless they told you, now would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Gandhi says hi.

- - - Updated - - -

So let's legalize all weapons because you know increasing the body count doesn't matter all we need is education.
    Gandhi was also assassinated, rather violently.

All weapons are legal, yet murder rates overall are decreasing.

Gandhi was also assassinated, rather violently.

All weapons are legal, yet murder rates overall are decreasing.
    I am not talking about guns let's make explosives, tanks, missiles and every form of weapons legal since you know weapons are the not the problem. I am sure you will feel much safer when everyone is driving a tank to work.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

That's the definition of confirmation bias. What about all the gay people you met but never realized they were gay?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)