Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Yes, when you're looking like you're about to be knocked out of a tournament and you come back in injury time that's lucky.
    A draw wouldnt have knocked us out, victory over Slovakia would have seen us through anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    We'd have to lose to Slovakia and I dont think we would.

I mean I expect the Welsh to go through as well, but Bale has done a lot of shit talking leading up to this game, at which point he should get it back really.
    Even if you lose to Slovakia, you'll likely go through anyway. 4 points will be enough to be in the 4 best 3rd classified teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    Even if you lose to Slovakia, you'll likely go through anyway. 4 points will be enough to be in the 4 best 3rd classified teams.
    Yeah I keep forgetting about that thing, too used to top two only.

Deleted
    Not if some have 5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Yeah I keep forgetting about that thing, too used to top two only.
    Ye, this group phase is so pointless. 36 games to knock out 8 teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on England! Thought we were well out of it...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=UoTf-QF9CCo
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Ye, this group phase is so pointless. 36 games to knock out 8 teams.
    That's what makes it good. People want to see football, not just decisional matches.
    They should make 10 or even 12 groups in the next world cup. Even that isn't much considering there are way more than 48 decent football countries.

Deleted
    Some of the fucking comments here are disgraceful.

Both teams played admirably. Wales defending was quality against an endless onslaught of English attacks, just wasn't enough in the end. Great game all round.

Glorious goal in the last couple minutes though that got me off the sofa at speed.

Deleted
    Hopefully hamsik scores 15 goals next game.

Deleted
    2 : 1

England - Hart, Walker, Cahill, Smalling, Rose, Alli, Dier, Rooney, Lallana (Rashford 73'), Kane (Vardy 45'), Sterling (Sturridge 45')
    Wales - Hennessey, Chester, A Williams, Davies, Gunter, Ledley (Edwards 67'), Allen, N Taylor, Ramsey, Robson-Kanu (J Williams 72'), Bale

Wales - Bale 42'

England - Vardy 56'

England - Sturridge 90+1'

10+ Year Old Account
    Good second half from England to be honest. First half was abysmal. Just like Albania last night, Wales valiant effort fell a few minutes short but in all fairness England deserved to win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That's what makes it good. People want to see football, not just decisional matches.
    They should make 10 or even 12 groups in the next world cup. Even that isn't much considering there are way more than 48 decent football countries.
    When too many teams go through, it takes the edge off the games you're seeing. You know that most teams will go through anyway.

Deleted
    When too many teams go through, it takes the edge off the games you're seeing. You know that most teams will go through anyway.
    That's because there aren't enough groups, if there were 8 groups, only the first 2 of each group would go through.

That's because there aren't enough groups, if there were 8 groups, only the first 2 of each group would go through.
    I could go with 8 groups but only the group winners progress

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan View Post
    Beckham lol. That overrated celebrity you call a football player? That's fucking rich.

I can't take anything you say seriously from now on.
    You lost me on your first post.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, in fact it raises the amount of meaningful games. If only the top two of groups qualify, majority of round 3 games are pretty much meaningless. Now they are all very important.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    If there were eight groups even more shit teams would be there. Nobody wants to watch pointless games. Even the Scots might manage to make an appearance.

I have to agree the more games the better. I love it when my day is packed with football for weeks, so I'm not going to complain too much, I just think its a slightly odd system and one Im not used to at all.

And on Wales yes they played their hearts out, but they did sit too far back, England are poor defensively and Wales had enough quality up front to have a decent go, but when you sit that far back and we can have 4 strikers on the pitch you're asking for trouble.

Only watched the second half but thought Wales were pretty awful, from what I saw anyway

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    If there were eight groups even more shit teams would be there. Nobody wants to watch pointless games. Even the Scots might manage to make an appearance.
    More shit teams? So far in the tournament, there hasn't been a single shit team. Nobody got their ass kicked. The tournament could use even more teams as the teams are that equal.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.