Thread: Patch notes.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    No way in hell,she can oneshot people with 200 health at long ranged and got 2 lives with ice block.
    Get close youre also fucked.
    I'll drop this discussion but Blizzard has stated in that interview they clearly look at tournament footage for balacing, and Mei never sees usage because gets pooped on by so many characters.

However they also said most players dislike playing against her so she's probably gonna stay the way she is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I'll drop this discussion but Blizzard has stated in that interview they clearly look at tournament footage for balacing, and Mei never sees usage because gets pooped on by so many characters.

However they also said most players dislike playing against her so she's probably gonna stay the way she is.
    No one seems much to like playing with her either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I wasn't sarcastic though.

Mei is bad, but she can't be buffed because she's too good against baddies who want to play their weeb hero or their cute English girl.
    Don't get angry because Mei freezes your butt and pokes you in the eye with an icicle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Mei is my damned favorite. She's the ultimate troll by way of freezing. But she's only amazing on maps that don't have wide open hallways. If you rush her with 3 people she's toast. But she's great at stopping single rush heroes in their tracks. I also use the ice wall offensively to block or split groups apart rather than just defensively.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Mei is my damned favorite. She's the ultimate troll by way of freezing. But she's only amazing on maps that don't have wide open hallways. If you rush her with 3 people she's toast. But she's great at stopping single rush heroes in their tracks. I also use the ice wall offensively to block or split groups apart rather than just defensively.
    I meant having Mei on their side. Clearly some people do enjoy playing as her, but as a team mate, she can be (and usually is) awful.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-06-16 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    http://www.planetoverwatch.org/13-ov...-limit-and-you
    http://www.planetoverwatch.org/14-ov...of-the-maps-go

This is not being "niche", this is being useless. And Zenyatta is my most played hero.
    if that list was the stats from gameplay since release, than it'd be much more useful in my eyes.

but come on, one of those lists was from a 2 day event and a 1 hero setup.

so I guess since we're talking "competitive" we're talking about all this "Ranked Play" that doesn't exist yet, and the few competitions have been held????

Zenyatta may not be ideal for TOURNAMENT or RANKED Play, but he's still a viable hero for the thousands or millions matches that have been played since the full release of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

lol yea playing AGAINST Mei definitely sucks when the player is skilled with her. ESPECIALLY, when it's a King of the Hill map. toss an ultimate in the middle of the point while it's being captured, and you can save the whole match by freezing and/or scaring away the entire enemy team. ha ha

Competitively, I'm a little surprised she doesn't get played much. But than again, if teams don't see her as good fit for them, than naturally, she won't be played. Great players are definitely wiser and tend to evade being frozen. But at the same time, if you can get into the middle of a firefight where winston and other larger heroes are attracting the enemy eye, you can have a good shot at getting the drop on a mercy who flew in too close or the other squishies who are nearby.

15+ Year Old Account
    I meant having Mei on their side. Clearly some people do enjoy playing as her, but as a team mate, she can be (and usually is) awful.
    Gotcha. I do agree on that. A bad Mei is very bad. When someone picks her I don't double up out of courtesy but sometimes they are just terrible. But the same can said for a lot of classes that have higher skill cap. Genji and Tracer are ones that comes to mind.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    1 bullet misses and it will not kill Reinhardt either
    Is it even possible to miss him? He's the size of a building.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Probably by the people complaining they missed their FtH headshot and that's why they didn't kill someone (FtH can't headshot).

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Him, generally no. But even the slowest player can raise his shield at the second FtH to deny at least 1 shot.