Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

AR-15 Inventor's family: Firearm was never intended for civilians

The family of Eugene Stoner said that he would of been "horrified & sickened"

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner Family
    After many conversations with him, we feel his intent was that he designed it as a military rifle," his family said, explaining that Stoner was "focused on making the most efficient and superior rifle possible for the military.
    Weird, I wonder why firearms manufacturers would be so adamant to market and sell a firearm that they knew was only intended for military use?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ks-out-n593356
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

There are so many things not intended for civilian use. 2nd amendment says I can have arms, so this should probably be in the gun control thread.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Nobel was sickened that his TNT explosive was used for war. He weeped as he sat atop his mountain of money. He came up with an idea, he would give an annual reward to a few people who helped make the world a better place.

With that, all the millions of deaths he was responsible for, he could now sleep at night.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Weird, I wonder why firearms manufacturers would be so adamant to market and sell a firearm that they knew was only intended for military use?
    Because millions of people own them responsibly and millions of them are used responsibly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Because millions of people own them responsibly and millions of them are used responsibly.
    There is no responsable use of a firearm.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Because profit > intentions.

15+ Year Old Account
    So why can't we own other weapons intended for military use? Why does big gubmint restrict my 2nd amendment rights to own a .50 cal M2 mounted on my chevy?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

The AR-15 has always been the civilian model of the M-16.

So why can't we own other weapons intended for military use? Why does big gubmint restrict my 2nd amendment rights to own a .50 cal M2 mounted on my chevy?
    Do it and then just claim 2nd amendment.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Miller

Court ruled that shotguns were allowed to be restricted because they were not used by militaries(lol). That means the 2nd amendment as understood by the court was meant to protect the right to own military weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    There is no responsable use of a firearm.
    Uh... what...

You realize the inventor of the gun (as in all guns) did not invent it with civilians in mind right?

So what's your point?

I could explain that 90% of the luxuries you enjoy now was not originally invented for civilian use. Like that sweet sweet tempur pedic mattress you got. The materials in it was not invented with civilians in mind.

And what the fuck does his family know?

"We feel."

Disregarded right there, you can "feel" all you want, he died almost 20 years ago so unless you can dig up him explicitly saying "I never wanted this weapon in the hands of civilians" they can shove their interpretations of how he felt up his cold dead bloated corpse.

Having guns is nessesary to keep up it police in their place. Also to get rid of corrupt politicians, being necessary to the security of a free state.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Because the SCOTUS says so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

You can. You just need to modify them to be de-militarized.

You can buy a tank so long as the gun is disabled. They can even be street legal. So buy that 50 cal. Hell, you don't even have to modify it. My friend has a 50 cal rifle.

The machine gun will have to be modified so it cannot shoot full auto...kinda like civilian AR-15's.

And you see why you people can't get your restrictions passed? You don't even know what you are talking about. At least learn some shit first.

I'm sure they will be rushing out to donate their inheritance to gun control efforts as we speak.

For what reason do you need to own a machine explicitly designed for efficient homicide, except to use it for just that?

I wouldn't consider using any kind of firearm for a recreational hobby to be responsible behaviour, no matter how careful you are with it. That is literally the exact opposite of responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    You realize the inventor of the gun (as in all guns) did not invent it with civilians in mind right?
    Who invented the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Having guns is nessesary to keep up it police in their place. Also to get rid of corrupt politicians, being necessary to the security of a free state.
    No they are not. Go live in your V for vendetta world somewhere else.