Thread: Frost....OMG

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    which talents are you guys using for questing/dungeons?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The only thing I don't like about frost is Obliterate. Everything else about the spec is frost-themed, does frost damage...and then there's obliterate. I'd prefer it if they just replaced it baseline with Frostscythe. Then maybe add the aoe component of the ability via a talent. Obviously you'd have to adjust the damage and the 4x crit damage, but that's simple enough. But the important part is that it'd then be frost damage, and scale. Plus, Frostscythe just looks way cooler.
    frostscythe is indeed amazing and i wish selecting it replaced obliterate, because with frostscytche taken it sends you right back to the 2 abilities use KM procs thing which they wanted to remove to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    frostscythe is indeed amazing and i wish selecting it replaced obliterate, because with frostscytche taken it sends you right back to the 2 abilities use KM procs thing which they wanted to remove to begin with.
    I think its intended, just as the Shadow Infusion talent for UH DK's. It lets you bring some of the old style which have been removed from the core spec. And stilll there is a minor difference in that it is now only the runes which can use KM, not your RP spender (FS).

I think the list would be much shorter if you ask which specs in Legion are complicated.
    has there been any point in the game where rotations were actually difficult?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

7+ Year Old Account
    I gotta say...finally got into the PTR and Frost is REALLY fun. It just looks so frosty. All kinds of frost effects going on. It's just..fun.
    Wait so the ptr has the new frost gameplay style?? Like the he beta
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

you could choose to go

Shattering Strikes
    Horn of Winter
    Ice Cap
    Frostscythe
    Glacial Advance

with a few caveats only use FSc on Killing Machine procs and only Frost Strike at 5 stacks of RI

that is a fair amount of micro management and probably makes frost the most "robust rotation" of the 23 specs i have tried so far (though it is extremely tedious) Also note the build serves no other purpose but to be ability heavy for the sake of being ability heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    you could choose to go

Shattering Strikes
    Horn of Winter
    Ice Cap
    Frostscythe
    Glacial Advance

with a few caveats only use FSc on Killing Machine procs and only Frost Strike at 5 stacks of RI

that is a fair amount of micro management and probably makes frost the most "robust rotation" of the 23 specs i have tried so far (though it is extremely tedious) Also note the build serves no other purpose but to be ability heavy for the sake of being ability heavy.
    Right now you could go full passsive talents and do great DPS with 3 buttons (4 on AoE). The interesting talents are really undertuned ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    Right now you could go full passsive talents and do great DPS with 3 buttons (4 on AoE). The interesting talents are really undertuned ATM.
    Agreed

but at the same time active talents usually start out weaker and gain power through taking advantage of mechanics or emergent play styles that are born through higher gear and Set bonuses.

Like WoD BoS or the control offered from Blood tap and plague leech. (though leech was just always the best choice for Blood/Frost)

I think Talents like Castigator, bursting sores, Frost Scythe, BoS, Glacial Advance will have that affect as we gain more crit/mastery and depending on fights etc etc.
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2016-06-16 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    im sure everyone will rejoice in hearing there will be another DW frost blood elf male dk in lfr, im happy for you!
    You can always turn to online forums for love and acceptance.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrkyr View Post
    If in Legion you are playing frost almost exactly that same way that it is optimal to play in WoD, you will be sitting right above the disc priests in damage done.

The priorities aren't anywhere close to being the same.
    I know right. Just tried it out on PTR and I wasn't looking forward to Frost at first cause people kept posting that "it's the same as live" but it's nowhere near the same (IMO). I think it's miles better than live. Would love for FScythe to deal more damage than OB when KM procs, but other than that it's quite awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrkyr View Post
    If in Legion you are playing frost almost exactly that same way that it is optimal to play in WoD, you will be sitting right above the disc priests in damage done.

The priorities aren't anywhere close to being the same.
    I'm so glad HB spam for single target is being killed. I was definitely going to go UH if I had to keep playing a melee caster like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    Yes def one of the easiest specs now.
    Hasn't Frost always been one of the easiest specs?

Anyway, I don't have beta access (for the first time in several expansions) so I'm REALLY itching to try out the new rotation/talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I'm so glad HB spam for single target is being killed. I was definitely going to go UH if I had to keep playing a melee caster like that.

Hasn't Frost always been one of the easiest specs?

Anyway, I don't have beta access (for the first time in several expansions) so I'm REALLY itching to try out the new rotation/talents.
    Frost is generally easy to do decent dps. Personally I think Unholy is easier to play optimally.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I don't like about frost is Obliterate. Everything else about the spec is frost-themed, does frost damage...and then there's obliterate. I'd prefer it if they just replaced it baseline with Frostscythe. Then maybe add the aoe component of the ability via a talent. Obviously you'd have to adjust the damage and the 4x crit damage, but that's simple enough. But the important part is that it'd then be frost damage, and scale. Plus, Frostscythe just looks way cooler.
    Not everything has to be Frost damage? Just like not everything with Unholy is Shadow damage...

Even if Obliterate did Frost damage you'd still be doing physical damage with your auto attacks...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    It's simple...Scythe is for AoE while Oblit is for single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Not everything has to be Frost damage? Just like not everything with Unholy is Shadow damage...

Even if Obliterate did Frost damage you'd still be doing physical damage with your auto attacks...

- - - Updated - - -

It's simple...Scythe is for AoE while Oblit is for single target.
    Scythe is used for single target when you get KM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I dont know how much mastery you have, but with my 40% mastery FDK, use FSc on single target = DPS loss over Obliterate(the 45% chance of get a rime proc is way too strong).

Quote Originally Posted by Halliax View Post
    I dont know how much mastery you have, but with my 40% mastery FDK, use FSc on single target = DPS loss over Obliterate(the 45% chance of get a rime proc is way too strong).
    Even more so when you spec into Freezing Fog.

Personally i run

Icy Talons
    Freezing Fog
    Icecap
    Winter is coming
    Runic Attenuation
    Glacial Advance

Quote Originally Posted by Halliax View Post
    That's a good point, hadn't thought of that. Hopefully when it goes live, FSc is scaled enough that it's actually worth using single-target.

OT, are you guys using Remorseless winter on single target?

I felt like the new frost dk played too slow for my taste (I preferred frost back in DS with how fast it played). So I am planning on changing to enhance shaman. But damn, the new animations are sick as fuck.

That's a good point, hadn't thought of that. Hopefully when it goes live, FSc is scaled enough that it's actually worth using single-target.

OT, are you guys using Remorseless winter on single target?
    The problem is that frost dks are really strong on beta, right now(most melees are), but I hope blizzard make tweaks on our damage source, I hope FSc and BoS receive a buff, and Crystalline Swords + Sindragosa Fury are reworked, even if it results a nerf on HB or Frost Strike.

About RW, I only us it on ST when I´m speced with gathering storm. Because I went for hyporthemia, but gonna hit it on CD when I get Frozen Soul(golden artifact).

10+ Year Old Account
    Not since the dual Frozen Heart/Frost Scythe nerf a few updates ago, and even then you could still use Obliterate when KM isn't procced.