Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack WN View Post
    Actually that's really just more scaremongering. The truth is the UK goes over and above most of the EU laws in regards to worker's rights. In fact it probably provides the best working conditions in the EU.. probably.
    There are indeed 1 or 2 laws that the UK follows the EU guidelines directly, but for most of them they far exceed the requirements. Why would they go from exceeding the minimum to suddenly being far worse than it.. that's political suicide and no government would be so short sighted?

Here is a link comparing the UK laws to what the EU demands.
    https://www.crunch.co.uk/blog/small-...ithout-europe/
    Ok, so why is the "EU dictating UK what to do" again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Jo Cox just been stabbed or shot outside her village library by a man who according to witnesses yelling 'Britain First!'
    She is in serious condition atm, manhunt underway.
    German news reports he's already arrested.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I think the idea of 'EU dictating' annoys people, more because they are an unknown entity (average joe will not go find out who they are) and the fact that another country can have a say on decisions that affect you rubs people the wrong way. Or how there is certain things your country can't do or get done because of another countries objections. I think people see it as EU is a block of 28 looking after the 28.. but they just want to look after the UK and not everyone else

I don't agree with that mindset but i think that is how people see it.

On the sad news of Joe Cox, according to news here it has nothing to do with her. She approached a fight between 2 men to try calm things down and one of them pulled a knife and a gun on her. It seems she is a victim of trying to help others and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The man has been arrested already. (this is according to local news here in UK)

- - - Updated - - -

Because the UK agreed to have to a certain degree a common market and that involves having common laws?

So when eventually we have a reach a common ground we have a common law that may differ in exact execution but overall is similar.

France and spain are against the removal of the outrages tarifs phone companies charge abroad since they are the countries that make the most money of it. But yea since everybody else hates it it will be removed at least to some degree (which already started).

The idea that 2 or 3 countries could block a law while the rest of the nations want it changed is outrages. The very idea that the UK wants to be able to do whatever it wants (because that's the complaint) in the EU is kind of insulting and I'm disgusted this mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Because the UK agreed to have to a certain degree a common market and that involves having common laws?

So when eventually we have a reach a common ground we have a common law that may differ in exact execution but overall is similar.

France and spain are against the removal of the outrages tarifs phone companies charge abroad since they are the countries that make the most money of it. But yea since everybody else hates it it will be removed at least to some degree (which already started).

The idea that 2 or 3 countries could block a law while the rest of the nations want it changed is outrages. The very idea that the UK wants to be able to do whatever it wants (because that's the complaint) in the EU is kind of insulting and I'm disgusted this mindset.
    I don't get it, though. Don't people understand how democracy works? Roaming tariffs on mobile phones are cancer, that the EU is in the process of abolishing them is again another proof of consumer protection.

It's highly frustrating how many things the EU does for the consumers and they choose to... want to leave so... what? So they can get fucked over by corporations more? I don't understand the logic behind that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Well...thats it. This latest event kind of set things in stone I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You have shown that you do not understand how the economy works, so how can you say that you have worked through the available data? You clearly have not worked through it.

And by your own criteria, you should be ignoring that Youtube video, because...you know...people are biased. Your arguments are completely inconsistent.
    You really dont like people with open minds do you.

I am undecided and that pisses u off... its hilarious.

If people come to different conclusions than u then u call them names.... priceless *slow clap*

Deleted
    - With her passing, this has definitively moved into poor taste -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post

If people come to different conclusions than u then u call them names.... priceless *slow clap*
    because you expressed that it was your 'informed decision' to ignore a set of information.
    I will let you puzzle out why that's ludicrous yourself.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2016-06-16 at 04:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    because you expressed that it was your 'informed decision' to ignore a set of information.
    I will let you puzzle out why that's ludicrous yourself.
    I will not listen to any financial arguments regarding this issue because theyre all biased. And this pisses u off.

I am in a camp of people who will judge Brexit by other issues. Issues we see as more important for the future of our nation.

Its hilarious that the Pro-Eu crowd are so childishly rude towards those who choose to take this position... u guys are priceless, losing your shit because people look at the issue from a different angle than u.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dismissing the financial arguments because you do not trust economists is NOT open minded.

I do not give a shit if you are undecided, again you are arguing against things I have not said.

People are more than welcome to come up with different conclusions, you being utterly ignorant of economics and stating that people should ignore the financial arguments is retarded though. As I have pointed out a number of times, you being ignorant of the how the economy works does NOT mean everybody else is.

I will not listen to any financial arguments regarding this issue because theyre all biased. And this pisses u off.

I am in a camp of people who will judge Brexit by other issues. Issues we see as more important for the future of our nation.

Its hilarious that the Pro-Eu crowd are so childishly rude towards those who choose to take this position... u guys are priceless, losing your shit because people look at the issue from a different angle than u.
    /facepalm.

Ok, I'll bite, what are the other issues?

Deleted
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...west-yorkshire

We live in very sad times that people no longer can have different ideals and die because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...west-yorkshire

We live in very sad times that people no longer can have different ideals and die because of it.
    Yeah, there's already a thread on that. Kindly take your news and discuss it there. You don't want people here shitting on her tragedy just because it doesn't fit into their agenda.

Deleted
    Yeah, there's already a thread on that. Kindly take your news and discuss it there. You don't want people here shitting on her tragedy just because it doesn't fit into their agenda.
    Those people should be reported and banned, simple.

Deleted
    People are more than welcome to come up with different conclusions, you being utterly ignorant of economics and stating that people should ignore the financial arguments is retarded though.
    Ive said many times... you are welcome to trust the financial crap all over the media... i wont. Its biased and therefore totally untrustworthy.

As I have pointed out a number of times, you being ignorant of the how the economy works does NOT mean everybody else is.
    And there you go again... namecalling.

Just because i call your 'evidence' untrustworthy u call me ignorant.

Get over it... there are alot of us out there who will never trust bankers and economists, especially when they have invested interested in the outcome of the vote. I call that a sensible and intelligent position to take... and u call it ignorant.

I say you are ignorant (and gullible) to trust that financial bullshit all over the media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive said many times... you are welcome to trust the financial crap all over the media... i wont. Its biased and therefore totally untrustworthy.
    You do not understand it, so how do you know it is biased?

And there you go again... namecalling.

Get over it... there are alot of us out there who will never trust bankers and economists, especially when they have invested interested in the outcome of the vote. I call that a sensible and intelligent position to take... and u call it ignorant.

I say you are ignorant (and gullible) to trust that financial bullshit all over the media.
    Calling you ignorant is a statement of fact, because you are ignorant.

I do not start arguing with chemists about chemistry, because I am ignorant regarding chemistry, yet for some inexplicable reason you think that you can claim bias on something you are ignorant of - there is no logic in your argument, it is just nonsense.

No you won't listen to those educated in economy because you don't understand how it works

When it comes to the Brexit argument the economy is the ONLY true real argument to be had. Other issues Brexit fans love to bring up are complete non issues. Housing shortage is mostly due to NIMBY piss heads who cry there is not enough housing but the moment someone comes up with "Let's build it here." They cry, scream, stamp their feet and either slow down or block building.

You have the undetected Bureaucrat argument destroyed by the fact the elected heads of government and the MEPs outpower the Commission which loses more and more powers each year.

You have the "Vote again." argument. Not bringing up the fact that the whole "Vote again." argument actually hinges on the EU actually taking the no vote. Talking to the people who voted no to find out why they voted no. Alter the agreement for said country to something they do like and ask again.

You have this Turkish Visa talk. Which does not affect Britain. Brexit web commercials are saying Turkey is entering the EU. Not in the near, or mid term future. I'd say 30s years minimum before they reach the getting on the table stage. That is if they have even done more than one or the 35 obligations. Even then UK (if the intelligent people win the vote) and Cyprus would likely Veto the hell out of it.

Also a little read

Here are a few that strongly believe the UK should remain a member of the EU:

• Governor of the Bank of England
    • International Monetary Fund
    • Institute for Fiscal Studies
    • Confederation of British Industry
    • Leaders/heads of state of every single other member of the EU
    • President of the United States of America
    • Eight former US Treasury Secretaries
    • President of China
    • Prime Minister of India
    • Prime Minister of Canada
    • Prime Minister of Australia
    • Prime Minister of Japan
    • Prime Minister of New Zealand
    • The chief executives of most of the top 100 companies in the UK including Marks and Spencer, BT, Asda, Vodafone, Virgin, IBM, BMW etc.
    • Kofi Annan, the former Secretary General of the United Nations
    • All living former Prime Ministers of the UK (from both parties)
    • Virtually all reputable and recognised economists
    • The Prime Minister of the UK
    • The leader of the Labour Party
    • The Leader of the Liberal Democrats
    • The Leader of the Green Party
    • The Leader of the Scottish National Party
    • The leader of Plaid Cymru
    • Leader of Sinn Fein
    • Martin Lewis, that money saving dude off the telly
    • The Secretary General of the TUC
    • Unison
    • National Union of Students
    • National Union of Farmers
    • Stephen Hawking
    • Chief Executive of the NHS
    • 300 of the most prominent international historians
    • Director of Europol
    • David Anderson QC, Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation
    • Former Directors of GCHQ
    • Secretary General of Nato
    • Church of England
    • Church in Scotland
    • Church in Wales
    • Friends of the Earth
    • Greenpeace
    • Director General of the World Trade Organisation
    • WWF
    • World Bank
    • OECD

Here are pretty much the only notable people who think we should leave the EU:

• Boris Johnson, who probably doesn’t really care either way, but knows he’ll become Prime Minister if the country votes to leave
    • A former Secretary of State for Work and Pensions who carried out a brutal regime of cuts to benefits and essential support for the poorest in society as well as the disabled and sick
    • The guy who was Education Secretary and every single teacher in the country hated with a furious passion for the damage he was doing to the education system
    • Leader of UKIP
    • BNP
    • Britain First
    • Donald Trump
    • Keith Chegwin
    • David Icke
    • Vladimir Putin

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Those people should be reported and banned, simple.
    Yes, perhaps, or perhaps we could not make an issue of it and just seperate the tragedy from this discussion like civilised people?

Deleted
    No you are ignorant, because you expressly stated you are going to ignore it -

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, perhaps, or perhaps we could not make an issue of it and just seperate the tragedy from this discussion like civilised people?
    yes, the topic should be ignored.
    - As i amended my post, it would be in poor taste to do otherwise.

Deleted

[Remain poster of Donald Trump and Boris Johnson kissing]

Oh the irony ... mmm

Deleted
    Ok, I'll bite, what are the other issues?
    If u bothered to read up properly on this issue then you would know all of the main issues that normal people are concerned about, issues that are pushing them towards leave.

The main issue to me is one of democracy. To me the EU machine has become a disturbingly autocratic, undemocratic, bureaucratic body. Im probably older than most in this discussion and ive lived through what the EU used to be and what its become today, and its VERY worrying.

Other issues are obviously Immigration, one that doesnt concern me much. Although this is connected to many other real issues that regular people have like jobs, housing, local services, school places, national health etc.

A new issue is UK military sovereignty. Current EU plans to create an EU Federal army is very worrying.

Alot of people will vote to protect their industries. Fishing is the best example of this, they hate the EU and want to reclaim their fishing areas.

These are issues that most of the Brexit voters see as more important than all of the financial crap in the media. Theyre concerned about stuff that directly affects their day to day life, what they see happening in their towns, in their streets. Changes they dont like, and they blame it on the EU.

Now, i dont stand with those people on every issue but i am grown up enough to admit that these are REAL ISSUES and theyre important to many people. So you pro-EU advocates can dismiss those issues and insult people who value those issues all you like... you wont change their minds by being a dick basically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    No you won't listen to those educated in economy because you don't understand how it works

When it comes to the Brexit argument the economy is the ONLY true real argument to be had.
    CORRECTIoN: For you its the only real argument to be had.

Congratulations on pushing people further away from voting stay... being an arrogant dick isnt very appealing.

Ur awesome at ignoring peoples concerns.