Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Should have known this was going to be the reaction. At least wait until she's no longer in critical condition.
    Ok shes no longer critical. Can't be true. Guns are illegal across the pond no?

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Its not Fatuous, even her mentor said the same thing

Its about reducing the rhetoric and hyperbole that leads to people becoming hateful towards X or Y that has been worsening in the media nd in politics for the last decade at least.
    Where is the evidence this attack had anything at all to do with political rhetoric in the media? It's lazy bullshit. Let's wait for the police to do their job instead of going all NeoGAF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    No one does. It's stupid as shit. I never could understand why people get so bent outta shape over a disagreement. The entire purpose of politics is to enact change without need of violence. Once violence is introduced, it defeats the purpose.

You should. Learning facts could help you persuade people for more reasonable gun laws. But you go on not caring about facts.
    No one cares about what you're talking about. You're in the wrong thread. Stop derailing.

This topic reminds me that I gotta take a leak

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    No, guns are not illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Bringing US politics into a thread on UK gun deaths is not going to work out well for anyone arguing in favour of the US.

In the UK we have about 50 homicides due to firearms a year, scaled up based on differences in population, that would equate to about 250 homicides by firearms in the US each year - they have a tad more than that.
    You keep bringing it back there. I don't care. Get that through your heads. I already pointed out that I am for gun control, but anti- ban the big black guns that really don't kill that many by comparison.

The entire premise of this posting string is that if you want to bring outside politics in a U.S. thread, don't get mad when someone brings outside politics in a British (or whatever nation) thread.

That is all I am saying. So I will continue to do so until I see that intermixing ideas is forbidden on a topic, and every issue must be discussed as if it were in a vacuum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eyewitnesses believe it may have been home made.

Also people saying "Let's not make this political" a member of Parliament was murdered, it is political by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    No one cares about what you're talking about. You're in the wrong thread. Stop derailing.
    You don't care. Jesus, you can't even get that simple fact correct.

Deleted
    You keep bringing it back there. I don't care. Get that through your heads. I already pointed out that I am for gun control, but anti- ban the big black guns that really don't kill that many by comparison.

The entire premise of this posting string is that if you want to bring outside politics in a U.S. thread, don't get mad when someone brings outside politics in a British (or whatever nation) thread.

That is all I am saying. So I will continue to do so until I see that intermixing ideas is forbidden on a topic, and every issue must be discussed as if it were in a vacuum.
    There's no gun crisis in UK. What you're saying makes no sense, plus no one cares. Stop derailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...t-leave-tories

Seems like it might have been a far right extremist:

Update:
    Sad, glad they caught the person though.
    Extremist shit like this , has to be fought at every turn,religion,politics etc.

Also, very interesting that the immediate reaction , again ...is about the weapon used.

Deleted
    Wow this is sad.

People who throw flour or cake are already crossing the line, but f-cking murder of some random politican (no disrespect to that poor woman) ? Once there was a man who despaired at the downfall of his world, but knew which deed needed to be done to safe it, heroically slaughtered the great evil of our time: somebody. His conscience backed by the great motive of "Britain first".

Ending Jo Cox's life surely will direct the country in the right direction, or it will just get him a long prison sentence.

Deleted
    You don't care. Jesus, you can't even get that simple fact correct.
    You are in the wrong thread (3) lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    i hope your not being serious, gun crime does happen in the UK but very rarely its nothin like USA, and she is dead cos its on BBC news website even though they post biased bullshit and sometimes lie, this isnt a lie,
    It was totally a joke = )

Thinking I should really start tagging all my posts with (joking) if needed. My humor doesn't translate to text all that well at times.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Where is the evidence this attack had anything at all to do with political rhetoric in the media? It's lazy bullshit. Let's wait for the police to do their job instead of going all NeoGAF.
    Fair enough about us not knowing why he did it, I''d still disagree that its not a fatuous point, its a pretty important point in general.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-06-16 at 05:06 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    b-b-b-buuut weapons are not allowed !
    1 person shot versus... what was the most recent US shooting... 49 dead and 53 wounded? And of course that just the most recent news worthy one, lets not even talk about all the shootings that barely make the local news.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    She's no longer critical because she's dead.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

Thinking I should really start tagging all my posts with (joking) if needed. My humor doesn't translate to text all that well at times.
    People don't get sarcasm over text that well. You should mark a little (sarc) there.

Plus people post some stupid things online so it is even harder to decipher jokes. Now excuse me while that jafar lookin dude comes in and tells me to stop derailing and how no one cares...

Edit: After seeing the responses since posting this ADD IN A SARCASM DISCLAIMER. Some morons will still take it serious, but it will cut down on the references.

Are you proud of yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

The curse of Poe.

10+ Year Old Account

Where did I say that you could not bring in US politics? We are not a hivemind.

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't get sarcasm over text that well. You should mark a little (sarc) there.

Plus people post some stupid things online so it is even harder to decipher jokes. Now excuse me while that jafar lookin dude comes in and tells me to stop derailing and how no one cares...

Edit: After seeing the responses since posting this ADD IN A SARCASM DISCLAIMER. Some morons will still take it serious, but it will cut down on the references.
    Ya'll are right. Especially in a thread that can invoke emotions like this one.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.