Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    He actually is not. He typically does exactly what that guy is saying. He'll take some parts of random things as canon then when presented with all the non canonical things he'll just spout off like an angry child that not everything in the book can be canon.
    Except what I presented is canon. I presented it exactly as it is in canon, a belief held by people. I chose the language of the post carefully to represent the information accurately. Chronicle does the same thing. There are things presented as factual and others presented as beliefs held by people in-universe.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2016-06-15 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    "With trolls being naturally superstitious and spiritual, it allows the various troll priests to manipulate the spiritual energy of the world in order to either heal or harm their targets."
    Spiritual energy, aka HOLY, =/= Nature, or even "wide variety of abilities."
    Actually, Spirit is considered one of the primary elements of the Warcraft-verse, and it's a force that is used by Shamans and Monks (according to the lore team, the Pandaren would call it Chi, and Dark Shamans forgo it in favor of Decay) to channel their powers. Its closest analogue would be Nature magic. According to the Chronicle, it's an element that's consumed by planets to form Titan world-souls.

To use your words,
    Next time, take a look at the planes map detailed in the Chronicle.
    See that right there? Right next to "Nature" and "Wild Gods", close to but distinctly separate from "Holy".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It is irrelevant to lore. It once made a difference to gameplay. It no longer does, but there's no real point to changing it, either.

Also, there's priests using Light and Shadow to do different things. They still all use the same power sources. A Mage can use Arcane magic to create fire and ice. Why shouldn't a priest be able to create fire with Holy magic?
    There are Priests who can create fire with Holy magic - even playable Priests have spells that can do that - but they're still considered Holy Flames.

A Mage can funnel Arcane magic into other forms, but they're considered to be crossing over into other territories of magic. For instance, the High/Blood Elves' usage of Fire magic was considered by the Kirin Tor to be crossing dangerously close to Demonic magic, while Kel'thuzad's proficiency with Frost magic was a basis for him to learn Necromancy. The Archmage Xylem forgoes using Arcane magic completely in favor of channeling magical forms through Shadow, showing how easy it is to corrupt something that functions off of strict Order until it's not Arcane at all anymore.

Given that a lot of this info dates back to at least Warcraft 3, the distinctions between spell schools have been very relevant since they decided there was more than "arcane" and "demonic".

By the way, when was the last time you saw a Priestess of the Moon casting a healing spell? It's not listed in any of their repertoires.
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2016-06-15 at 11:37 PM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    By the way, when was the last time you saw a Priestess of the Moon casting a healing spell? It's not listed in any of their repertoires.
    I can list one: Moon Priestess Maestra at Maestra's Post in Ashenvale.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=33276/moo...stra#abilities
    If you visit that location, she just walks around healing wounded NPCs.

In lore, the Moon Priestesses are supposed to be adept at everything: offensive spellcasting, healing, and even weapons combat if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Welcome to dealing with Aquamonkey. He'll cite bits and pieces from the WC Encylopedia/UVG and when you cite something else from it that is clearly not true he'll argue that he can take bits and pieces of what he wants to be true.

Now with Chronicle he'll distort wording to indicate what he wants it to seem like. Just like people keep claiming the Naztherim worshipped the old gods/void lords when it never says that there.
    I see that more and more the longer I deal with him, so I will no longer deal with him.

So you're just going to ignore multiple cases of:
    Naga/Murloc Priests wielding Water Magic
    Not priests.

Yaungol/Salamander Priests wielding Fire Magic
    Not priests.

Gurubashi/Amani Priests wielding Nature magic
    Not priests.

Non-Light worshiping Priests (Tauren, Trolls - hell, if you were right, Night Elves) wielding Holy magic
    They either wield Holy or Shadow magic, or neither if not a real priest.

Non-Void worshiping Priests (Trolls, Forsaken, Scourge) wielding Shadow magic.
    You mean like Shadow Priests? NO WAY!!! /s

Actually, Spirit is considered one of the primary elements of the Warcraft-verse, and it's a force that is used by Shamans and Monks (according to the lore team, the Pandaren would call it Chi, and Dark Shamans forgo it in favor of Decay) to channel their powers.
    Good try, but "spiritual energies" =/= spirit.

I heard the Xel'naga created Elune and that Elune created the Nephalem. The 3 together became vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    I heard the Xel'naga created Elune and that Elune created the Nephalem. The 3 together became vikings.
    Now you are going to tell me they got lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Not priests.

Not priests.

Not priests.

not a real priest.
    I would hate to see your view on real-world religions other than your own.

Again, "Priest" just means "someone authorized to perform the sacred rituals of a religion". They're not exclusive to the Light and the Void, so long as there are other practicing religions with their own rites.

Just like how there are Druids of the Flame whose powers don't come from nature/the Emerald Dream, or Monks of the Scarlet Crusade whose powers aren't related to the Pandaren culture, or Death Knights that have never even been associated with the Scourge.

They're not playable, they don't fit 1:1 with what is possible to create, but they still exist within the world and the mythos.

The Trolls' belief in the Loa was strong enough to make them manifest to drain their powers time and again, or bring the Blood God, Hakkar the Soulflayer, into the world. But they're not Priests according to you, even though there's really no other analogue beyond what they've said.
    So what are they, in your eyes? Warlocks? Not summoning demons - the Loa are Wild Gods. Druids? Not drawing from nature or the Dream. Shamans? Nothing elemental about them.

... how many hairs do you have to split to make that distinction?

Nevermind actually, I think I'm done trying on you.
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2016-06-16 at 05:53 AM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Only one problem, it is not head-canon! /gasp I know! Surprising!

"With trolls being naturally superstitious and spiritual, it allows the various troll priests to manipulate the spiritual energy of the world in order to either heal or harm their targets."
    Spiritual energy, aka HOLY, =/= Nature, or even "wide variety of abilities."
    Still headcanon. Spirit is not holy or light, clearly stated in Chronicles power chart.

- - - Updated - - -

I see that more and more the longer I deal with him, so I will no longer deal with him.

Not priests.

Not priests.

Not priests.

They either wield Holy or Shadow magic, or neither if not a real priest.

You mean like Shadow Priests? NO WAY!!! /s

So your arguments is they are not priests because I don't like it. Cool, I'm done with you and your headcanon.

Nevermind actually, I think I'm done trying on you.
    "I cannot argue my point (if there was one) anymore so I am going to leave."

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Cool, I'm done with you and your headcanon.
    "I cannot argue my head-canon argument anymore so I am going to leave."

The victor is the last man standing, and in this case it is me.

10+ Year Old Account

Funny, you basically said the same thing as those 2 to me.

Being the last man standing doesn't necessarily mean you're correct. I haven't followed this particular argument enough to make a judgment call on that, but sometimes when people throw their hands up in the air it's because they have nothing else to argue their points, sometimes it is just because the other person is being that dense and frustrating and it's not worth their time anymore. So being the last one around doesn't always mean you're right.

I guess enjoy? You are still very wrong and can't present argument.

As for the question in title, it seems to me that Elune have connections to both Eonar and Naaru. Could it be that Eonar's soul was reborn?

7+ Year Old Account
    you mean this?

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    You are still very wrong and can't present argument.
    Just like you! What a coincidence!

I know this is a rhetorical fallacy, but I can't remember what it is. Regardless, if you think you're the victor because it's useless arguing with you then, okay . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    We don't know what the hell she is.
    Please stop feigning ignorance. We do know what/who she is. The Warcraft Encyclopedia tells us what she is. Now, there may be some things about her that change, but she is (as of right now) the Goddess of the Moon.

She is the Spirit of the Moon, a celestial body in the Great Dark that would contain some measure of celestial energy - which arcane energy is described as. She is one of Azeroth's true deities (she is a deity of Azeroth, a titan) and is believed to have slept within the Well of Eternity (the font of Azeroth's arcane lifeblood that drew its energies from the Great Dark). Moonwells, a gift from the Mother Moon (Elune), contain the waters of the Well of Eternity and Elune is able to communicate through them (giving credence to the belief that she slept within the Well of Eternity and communicated with dark trolls through it).

And if arcane energy is the energy of Elune (who would be technically undead since she is an incorporeal spirit), arcane mysteries being of life and death would make sense. And whereas priestesses of the moon and druids beseech Elune for arcane power, mages take arcane power by force. After all, necromancy can't be an arcane art if an arcane art isn't - or doesn't have - something integral to necromancy.

There is no mystery here though. Just people partaking in these threads, pretending like there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    Please stop feigning ignorance. The Warcraft Encyclopedia tells us what she is.
    Everything we know about her has come from Night elven mythology. It doesn't mean their mythology is correct. Elune may very well be a Naaru or the progenitor of them without being what the Night elves proclaim her as (if Elune even is a "she")

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Everything we know about her has come from Night elven mythology.

That's a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    That's a lie.
    Please tell me how that is . . .

Translation: "I didn't bother reading the rest of your post which was a legitimate argument, so I'm going to continue to be a puerile hypocrite."