Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Introducing the One-Button Authenticator

Introducing the One-Button Authenticator
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Here at Blizzard we take account security seriously, which is why we recommend all accounts have an authenticator attached – but we also understand the importance of being able to access your account easily. Enter the One-Button Authenticator! This update to the current Mobile Authenticator will allow you to securely log into your account by simply clicking Approve on your mobile device instead of entering a security code. Should you wish to use a security code to log in that option still remains available.

Whenever* a log in attempt occurs on your account you will be notified via the app and prompted to Approve or Deny the request. You can also approve log in requests with notifications on your mobile or smartwatch without even opening the app! We hope this will help ease the log in process for those of you that already have an authenticator and encourage those of you who don’t to give it a try. You can find out more about authenticators on our Battle.net Authenticator FAQ.

The Mobile Authenticator with the new One-Button feature is available now on iOS® and Android™.

*Please note that by default you will only need to approve a log in attempt once a week per device. You can change this setting on your Battle.net Account Management page.

As my physical authenticator seems to be wearing out, the button being very reluctant to work then this is very appealing.
    Once I actually get a relatively modern phone anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Nice. Been about seven years since I got mine, was thinking of switching to mobile before the battery finally dies. This seems even better.

Hopefully it'll come to Windows phones too, seems doubtful now though :/

10+ Year Old Account
    About time!

No more having to call the Girlfriend to read off numbers when i forget my Cell phone when i go LAN with friends

Account security is very important unless it's a top mythic guild then lulz.

Prolly gonna swap to this once the first problems are sorted becurse ... sure there will be problems the first weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this live? Or coming soon?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Backjauer View Post
    Hopefully it'll come to Windows phones too, seems doubtful now though :/
    Nah, they will never support it. No Armory app and this new Auth will never come to windows phone. That why i will never buy on again. I realy like windows phones for their style and so on. But not having most of the usefull apps is sooo annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Is this live? Or coming soon?
    live!

/10char

So many stupid people these days. Has anyone here ever read what permissions you grant apps on your phone? Access to photos... eh? Access to contact numbers.... wait why? Access to sms... hold on a second. Access to Camera.... now wait just a damn minute. Access to GPS.... wtf has this gotta do with an app for solitaire?

Never trust something for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    live!

/10char
    Thank you!!!

I'm looking forward to the smartwatch support. I often leave my phone in another room, and now I won't have to go grab it if I need to authenticate.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylum1 View Post
    So many stupid people these days. Has anyone here ever read what permissions you grant apps on your phone? Access to photos... eh? Access to contact numbers.... wait why? Access to sms... hold on a second. Access to Camera.... now wait just a damn minute. Access to GPS.... wtf has this gotta do with an app for solitaire?

Or maybe don't be so paranoid, noone gives a shit about your text messages or where you are located.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

All that tinfoil has got to get pretty damn heavy at some point.

Deleted
    my lil authenticator(the hardware one) is already like 7-8 years old and still working fine, hope it lasts abit cause i dont have or plan to have a smartphone, no need.

While your general point has some validity in terms of making sure you know what you are agreeing to when installing apps, the Blizzard Authenticator android app has one permission request in it and it's for storage. So when you say never trust something for free I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Yosemite?

Not here in Europe.

Yaay! Finally a use for my smartwatch...