Page 1 of 39
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thal'Dranath scrapped

Ion Hazzikostas just confirmed it during the Q/A, Thal'Dranath is scrapped, we all knew it wouldn't be there for release, but this time he said that it wont ever make it into the game

He also said Blizzard has a better idea instead, I wonder if it will be another island or something else

Your thoughts ?
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-06-16 at 06:21 PM.

Deleted
    Wod all over again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless We are going to Argus or something. I'm kinda disappointed actually.

He already said that it's being replaced with something they think is cooler. So we're not losing anything, we're just getting something different. No reason to complain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Relax. They said they had a better idea and conceptually Thal'dranath was more of "oh boy night elf ruins"

They had a good reason and made a good point why. Pretty excited what their new idea is.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good news: Ion immediately followed it up by saying they had a better and more different idea than Thal'dranth. Thal'dranth was just going to be more Elven Ruins.

Bad News: This means we're now looking at the Great Unknown. Could be the Void, could be Argus, could just be Kezan. And it could always be a big fat nothing like WoD had.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty sure scrapped and replaced are two very different words.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Relax. They said they had a better idea and conceptually Thal'dranath was more of "oh boy night elf ruins"
    Just what the xpack thats 99% NE ruins needed more NE ruins right?
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    They should give us a hint or tease of what this content is, though. Just lopping off Thal'dranath and then saying "oh we've got something better in the pipeline" doesn't forestall the feeling of loss. Bad PR move on their part.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Without knowing what Thal'dranath was actually going to contain, it's hard to be disappointed, since they confirmed we'll be getting something else instead. All that really happened is that the name of the patch zone changed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncertain Tea View Post
    He already said that it's being replaced with something they think is cooler. So we're not losing anything, we're just getting something different. No reason to complain.
    Yessss! just like how Farahlon and the Ogre Island were scrapped to be "replaced" with something better.

I'm feeling better for not pre-ordering Legion already.

7+ Year Old Account
    thal'dranath was nothing... a giant island with nothing on it... they're just doing somthing else

My thoughts are it took less than a minute for this to be created. Relax. Enjoy what we get instead. CALM DOWN.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncertain Tea View Post
    Forgive me for being skeptical. I'm fully expecting "We thought of something cooler" to be preemptive damage control for more cut content immediately after WoD.

RIP. Kul Tiras. RIP Farahlon. RIP Thal'dranah.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Will have to wait and see what the replacement is. If it's an equivalent zone of content then it's fine, the size is what's important rather than the name.

7+ Year Old Account

damn look like they spend a shit tone of time on that.... all that art waisted... /S

We literally knew nothing about that zone other than the name. Means nothing at all to me that we won't be getting it since he said they had a better idea. And if people are going to assume that they're going to do a repeat of Warlords, then nothing anyone says is going to change their mind, so I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince them otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    They had a good reason and made a good point why. Pretty excited what their new idea is.
    This, it's not like they cut content, they just changed their minds on WHICH content to release. I'm happy that it won't be another elf ruin area.

Now watch all the hyperbole morons scream "IT'S WOD ALL OVER AGAIN!!!"...-_-

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Yessss! just like how Farahlon and the Ogre Island were scrapped to be "replaced" with something better.

I'm feeling better for not pre-ordering Legion already.
    There was nothing that replaced Farahlon, it was scrapped.

He already said there is a new location they are doing INSTEAD of this place since Thal was just another ruined elf city which is already on the main island. Stop trying to twist his words to make yourself sound right.