Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sorry to go a bit computery here guys but favor for a friend. He has an AMD fx 4 core and a 750 ti (tight budget). How well would the game run for him on 1920x1080 fps wise would you say? Also he's using DVI not HDMI if that makes any difference. Just if he can run it well he says he will probably buy the game.
    Seeing I was using a geforce 460 -_- before heavensward came out with near max settings and game was running fine for me back then. He should not have much of a problem.

But like the other poster said let him run the benchmark (take it with a grain of salt tho) http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/
    Or the trial. <- this one might be better actually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sorry to go a bit computery here guys but favor for a friend. He has an AMD fx 4 core and a 750 ti (tight budget). How well would the game run for him on 1920x1080 fps wise would you say? Also he's using DVI not HDMI if that makes any difference. Just if he can run it well he says he will probably buy the game.
    Install the demo version and test it?

No need to ask and guess around.

Using DVI or HDMI does not make a difference. I'm playing and even watching BluRay on DVI for ages now because my El-Cheapo BenQ doesn't have HDMI in.

That being said: his 750 Ti is quite a bit slower than my aging 7870. So he will have to tone down some settings I guess.
    http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...-Ti/2161vs2187

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Wonder what the outfit is going to be.
    NA > Rikku
    Japan > Lulu

And a fine fuck you to you too, SE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    i went back to miqo'te for a bit, but I've become far too attached to my Au Ra. Just don't like the way my character looks as miqo'te anymore :\ (though I guess that's a good thing, no more fantasias!)
    Thought that I'd drop this -- I managed to be Miqo'te for 1 day before I already started missing my Auri. I like my catgirl, but I guess I'm just too attached to my dragon-princess, haha.

Haven't purchased Fantasia to change back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Perhaps I'm overthinking it but 3.0 was stated to be a choice between a 'sky' themed expansion and a 'sea' themed expansion. If 4.0 is the latter then the decision to use FFX minions to promote the event may be a sign that they're adding Blitzball?

They've hinted at wanting to include that, too.
    I still expect it to be the highlands of Ala Mhigo, freeing them from Garlean rule and for the first time ever bringing them into the Eorzean Alliance that was initially formed to oppose them!

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    That first day was the 2 days you missed. Unlock and do them after the patch went live, but before the daily reset. Then do them again after the daily reset. I'll hit rank 5 tomorrow because I didn't have all the prerequisite quests done, so missed out on the pre-daily reset quests.
    Well darn. That does explain it. I wouldn't have been able to get them done before daily reset last week anyhow, and I missed them later that day (pretty sure I was tunneling MSQ at the time).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Yeah, even if you disregard the gil you make from the dailies themselves, the fact they are a source for luminous fiber will make you a pretty penny. I think they're like 118k atm on balmung(might be lower by now), but they'll be good sellers regardless since they're needed in the crafting/gather omni-gear.
    I figure once they settle below the 100k mark (which they may be about to do), I'll probably just start stockpiling them to make my own gear once I'm 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I figure once they settle below the 100k mark (which they may be about to do), I'll probably just start stockpiling them to make my own gear once I'm 60.
    They've fallen below 200k on Balmung. It makes me sad. I rode the ecahtl sealant train a nice, long time in 2.0. *sniffle*

10+ Year Old Account

It sure was nice day, but looking at current prices.. I should've waited instead - currently at 350k each.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    They've fallen below 200k on Balmung. It makes me sad. I rode the ecahtl sealant train a nice, long time in 2.0. *sniffle*
    Yeah, just sold mine for 85k this morning *sadface* But they'll sell quickly, and should stay at a decent price for a long while tho, so its not that bad. Just not as good as it was at the start of the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    NA > Rikku
    Japan > Lulu

And a fine fuck you to you too, SE.
    Can just buy a ticket for the japan livestream to get it.

I wasn't around for the Ehcatl Sealant rush, but this one's wearing down quick. Getting 2 of the kupo nut tokens per day starting at rank 4 hasn't helped. It was fun selling them over 200k for the first few days of the patch.

Now I need to look up how many I would need to make gear later on.

Thanks for the replies to the people who responded btw. Actually forgot there was a benchmark tool haha

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    This is awesome but I hope its not some paltry amount like 20% more space or something like that. I'd say it should be at the very least double more for the armoury chest. As for inventory I don't think it would be such a huge issue if they actually used the "key item" section for more than two items.
    Armoury Chest is already designed to hold everything you need to equip every job/profession in the game with a full set of items each...not sure why you'd really need double for that.

Crafting materials, on the other hand...having a separate bag/tabs for just those, instead of the woefully underused "key items" slots, would be much more useful in opening up space.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Armoury Chest is already designed to hold everything you need to equip every job/profession in the game with a full set of items each...not sure why you'd really need double for that.

Crafting materials, on the other hand...having a separate bag/tabs for just those, instead of the woefully underused "key items" slots, would be much more useful in opening up space.
    A separate storage area akin to how crafting mat storage works in Guild Wars 2 would be nothing short of amazing. This game has far more varitey in mats, though, compared to GW2. Not to mention that such a system would largely reduce the need for additional retainers.

Well, we don't know how many more jobs they'll add in the future. If they're going to expand the Armoury Chest anyway, they may as well do it in a that sort of "future proofs" the game. Not that I'm saying I wouldn't take a separate crafting mats tab, but straight up doubling the AC isn't that far fetched.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Well, we don't know how many more jobs they'll add in the future. If they're going to expand the Armoury Chest anyway, they may as well do it in a that sort of "future proofs" the game. Not that I'm saying I wouldn't take a separate crafting mats tab, but straight up doubling the AC isn't that far fetched.
    Adding another 5 slots to each section is actually more likely than doubling it, especially since it's likely that they will make it enough to continue having enough to equip each job with a set with a little extra, rather than being able to carry a bunch of extra sets you might only need temporarily (if you keep a bunch of stuff for various levels as you level different jobs) - excluding Souls for jobs, you have 25 slots per item that can be equipped, so 25 for head pieces, 25 for chest pieces, etc. Adding 5 per item type is another 60 slots of inventory space.

Doubling it would mean taking the 300 total inventory slots right now and boosting that to 600 for just items that can be equipped (300 more slots per character...even on just 1000 characters that's 300,000 more database entries to possible track)...50 per slot...and you don't near that amount of space for those types of items, nor are they likely to dedicate database space to something like that.

Ultimately, it's not really the amount of space that's the real problem anyway (FFXIV total inventory space is comparable to what you can get in WoW on a single character) - it's the overall amount of stuff that people tend to hoard, mixed with some restrictions, mixed with the amount of stuff you can collect, mixed with how you can do more stuff on a single character and thus end up holding on to more stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    A separate storage area akin to how crafting mat storage works in Guild Wars 2 would be nothing short of amazing. This game has far more varitey in mats, though, compared to GW2. Not to mention that such a system would largely reduce the need for additional retainers.

Honestly, most mats don't need to be hoarded anyway...lot of stuff can be obtained quickly, cheaply, or at a vendor, and the expensive/rare/non-tradeable doesn't take up quite as much space.

That being said, taking the space dedicated to the quest items that never gets used (there's like 100 slots and I've seen maybe 10 used at most at one time) and using it to create a crafting material dedicated space would help a lot.

So apparently Yoshida turned up on the Behemoth server a couple of days ago? No love for Cerberus EU confirmed.

Ultimately, it's not really the amount of space that's the real problem anyway (FFXIV total inventory space is comparable to what you can get in WoW on a single character) - it's the overall amount of stuff that people tend to hoard, mixed with some restrictions, mixed with the amount of stuff you can collect, mixed with how you can do more stuff on a single character and thus end up holding on to more stuff.
    This is pretty much it.

If you can't manage your inventory with 100 inventory slots, you're not going to be capable of managing your inventory with 200 slots or 250. You're just going to horde more stuff and more armor you never use for glamour but "might someday."

A friend of mine had cited the GW2 mats system. It made me curious, so I chatted with some coworkers who play GW2. Yep, they're constantly running out of inventory as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't manage your inventory with 100 inventory slots, you're not going to be capable of managing your inventory with 200 slots or 250. You're just going to horde more stuff and more armor you never use for glamour but "might someday."
    There wouldn't be any need to hoard if they had proper wardrobe/transmog systems.
    Having to stash outfits you may want to mog one day in the form of actual items that take up space is soooo goddamn antiquated and needs to die already.
    Considering we can play all classes on one char, it's extremely easy to spam your inventory with mog gear alone.

Never mind crafting... having to stash everything you need as NQ & HQ variant .... lest not forget the gazillion of currencies, subcurrencies, vouchers and crap that all belong in a unified CURRENCY TAB and should not be items at all (looking at you blue&red gathering script / Beast tribe currency items). <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that's annoyed about Guildworks + hunts. It's why I stopped bothering with hunts. Linkshells just late relink it because fuck you I suppose, so it's pointless to even go for it when I can see the name of the mob in Japanese, I know they're near them, which means that a lot of people are near them.

And yes, I refuse to install something that takes your character information unwillingly and use a packet sender to server.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what my inventory looks like right now, plenty of free space. Currently my both retainers are about 30% full, as I did some cleaning day before patch 3.3 dropped. But I'll still gladly accept more inventory space, especially for Armoury Chest - sometimes I have some other items such as bikini in there, or especially rings while leveling up jobs.