Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Im pretty sure scrapped and replaced are two very different words.
    No? It's no reason to get all up in arms, but the title of this thread is technically correct. They're scrapping Thal'Dranath and will replace it with something they consider better. It doesn't have to be a negative connotation, it's just accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    thal'dranath was nothing... a giant island with nothing on it... they're just doing somthing else
    It's directly on top of N'Zoth's prison. We know it wasn't just nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Which is probably why they didn't want to do it as Patch content. They might've shifted the focus of their story.

If we're getting an equivalent and still getting new zones over the Patch content, that's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortydragon View Post
    Unless We are going to Argus or something. I'm kinda disappointed actually.
    I think this is where we are going as well.

I can see it being a IoQD/ToT type zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncertain Tea View Post
    He already said that it's being replaced with something they think is cooler. So we're not losing anything, we're just getting something different. No reason to complain.
    What they think is cool is debatable, the fact is they scrapped another content zone, people can call them whatever they want and be justified for it especially after WoD and Farahlon. I don't have much faith in what they find " cool "

Deleted
    I think they are holding off N'Zoth and Azshara for next expansion, so they can put more focus on them. Although, I wouldn't say no to killing another Old God.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    What they think is cool is debatable, the fact is they scrapped another content zone, people can call them whatever they want and be justified for it especially after WoD and Farahlon. I don't have much faith in what they find " cool "
    Them doing what they thought was cool is how we got a time traveling orc adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I'm sorry, are you saying you were excited for Thaldranath when all we had was speculation and the fact it was a new zone?

You can't just dismiss someone justifying something when it is justifiable and we're still getting new zones. There's two sides to the argument, not just yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anamnesor View Post
    We literally knew nothing about that zone other than the name. Means nothing at all to me that we won't be getting it since he said they had a better idea. And if people are going to assume that they're going to do a repeat of Warlords, then nothing anyone says is going to change their mind, so I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince them otherwise.
    Yes, but I was kind of excited about having one more zone later on during the expansion, i'm worried because they claim they have a better idea, but didn't say wether it'll be another island/zone or not, I honestly hope there will be one or several new zones at some point during the span of the expansion, because I was looking forward to Thal'Dranath
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-06-16 at 06:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    There was nothing that replaced Farahlon, it was scrapped.

He already said there is a new location they are doing INSTEAD of this place since Thal was just another ruined elf city which is already on the main island. Stop trying to twist his words to make yourself sound right.
    sure thing, "replaced with something cooler" pardon me for not throwing my money at Blizzard. after the disappointment that was WoD and their audacity to claim the selfie patch was a major patch for WoD. I just don't feel compelled to pay for Legion, unless I'm 100% sure that I'm gonna get my money's worth.

Title should say "Thal'dranath replaced", else it just seems like uninformed clickbait.

Two words: Troll Raid

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm sorry, are you saying you were excited for Thaldranath when all we had was speculation and the fact it was a new zone?

You can't just dismiss someone justifying something when it is justifiable and we're still getting new zones. There's two sides to the argument, not just yours.
    I didn't dismiss anything nor did I say I was excited, people like you need to stop reading into stuff to much then letting your imagination run wild.

Them doing what they thought was cool is how we got a time traveling orc adventure.
    Exactly.

Deleted
    That was a fanwank theory, not something that Blizzard ever said.

Thal'dranath was nothing more than concept plan that they had for future patch, without a single drop of info about the island itself.

Deleted
    Delete this thread already please. There WILL be something better, no reason to complain.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking lore... i'm talking about the fact that we have just seen a giant empty island...

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    Ion Hazzikostas just confirmed it during the Q/A, Thal'Dranath is scrapped, we all knew it wouldn't be there for release, but this time he said that it wont ever make it into the game

He also said Blizzard has a better idea instead, I wonder if it will be another island or something else

Your thoughts ?
    Better idea (consumer's mind) = bigger, better, more interesting content above and beyond what we were going to get before!!

Better idea (what Blizz really means) = we'll throw something cheap and easy at the consumers, most of them will rationalize how it is either just fine or even better than that more expensive idea

7+ Year Old Account
    they are replacing the island not completely scrapping it.

i bet its trolls lol.

Formerly known as Arafal

Zandalar Island. Called it. WoD failed because it lacked troll raid and they know it!