10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, when I screw it up, it seems pretty clear and I'm fine with that. (Jumping to hit another Roadhog sounds like a nice tip though, I'll give that a shot!)

But when it really screws up, it's not even "oh, I moved and hooked them, they landed off a little bit" I mean like, "I hooked that guy and now he's ten feet in the air over my head" and shit. It's completely borked up sometimes. I hooked a Pharah once in mid-air and she ended up higher in the air than when I hit the hook, even the player commented on how their camera spazzed out.
    When you hook someone they travel fixed distance to you, if you hook someone in mid air, they are not going to land on their feet. They are going to land somewhat above you, depending on how they were dragged. If you hook someone who was standing above you on the ledge - they are going to end up being slightly above ground and slightly outside of range of your scrap gun LMB. If something was between you and your target - same shit, they'll end up being further away from you than usual (because their drag distance is exactly the same, but drag "path" is longer).

But i did noticed some wonky shit like Pharah being able to use her thrusters to jump up while being dragged, she kinda "froze" in the air for the duration of a drag with blue flames behind her back, so i just RMB her to death.

I think i'll check these situations in custom lobby with my wife when we'll get off the work today.

Basically, from my observation, hook drags your target a fixed distance all the time (depending on how far away your target was when hook connects), so extra distance between you and target (via obstacles than target has to be dragged over, or extra dimension axis) will screw you up
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-06-16 at 03:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Newest theory out there! Is the game giving damage handicaps? Might explain why Blizzard has refused to give us actual damage numbers in this game.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overw...ic/20745115328

Nice thing about this is that you would actually be able to prove/disprove it with some simple testing.
    The lengths people will go to to not accept that they lost fair and square.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    The lengths people will go to to not accept that they lost fair and square.
    I had a feeling that i walked into world of tanks forums when i read that post
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I hate genji. That little bastard leaps about and can't hit him and when I can he keeps reflecting everything. Then he pulls out his sword as he ults and proceed to run around me and killing me with little effort. Mainly I hate him because of that reflect, though. He can pop it and get to safety or just get very close to me or whatever it is that genjis do to kill me.

Therefore I think I have fallen in love with Zarya. It makes me feel really good inside when I watch that genji pop the reflect and I beam him to death. Reflect doesn't block the beam.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still meet Genji who doesn't know that he can't reflect particle cannon beam. He drops to 10% of his life, pops deflect, dies anyway. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Overwatch forums need Garbad Tough Love threads?
    I'm not familiar with foreign WoT community that much to know what it is =\

I was referring to WoT players blaming everything and creating conspiracy theories because of their losses

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

I hate genji. That little bastard leaps about and can't hit him and when I can he keeps reflecting everything. Then he pulls out his sword as he ults and proceed to run around me and killing me with little effort. Mainly I hate him because of that reflect, though. He can pop it and get to safety or just get very close to me or whatever it is that genjis do to kill me.

Therefore I think I have fallen in love with Zarya. It makes me feel really good inside when I watch that genji pop the reflect and I beam him to death. Reflect doesn't block the beam.
    They can't block Symmetra's attacks, either. Granted, she's squishier than Zarya, but I don't fear Genji at all on her. In fact, he's the first character I will go after if he gets near. And yes, still running into some who don't know they can't reflect it and then just fall over dead as they try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    They can't block Symmetra's attacks, either. Granted, she's squishier than Zarya, but I don't fear Genji at all on her. In fact, he's the first character I will go after if he gets near. And yes, still running into some who don't know they can't reflect it and then just fall over dead as they try.
    Its just a reaction you learn to do as Genji once you start dying you just hit reflect and let hit happen because theres nothing you can do by that point. Winston is the ultimate Genji counter due to his mobility but if there is a 2 out of 3 of Mei, Symettra and Winston on the enemy team I normally swap out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    As Sym if I see a Mercy, Genji, and reaper I am all over them, but every once in a while you will run into an extremely skilled Reaper/Genji who are very skilled at dealing with nearby threats that bounce around them. I chew up every tank except for Rhardt, once he starts swinging that hammer I have no chance of survival. Winston eats me up too. Mei is 50/50, and Pharrah usually negates me by just going verticle and firing down. For the ones Sym is not great at there are always turrets, Otherwise every other character is edible by Sym.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only been getting a few games in here and there. Played a bunch this morning. Lucio, Junkrat, and Hanzo are my faves. I seem to bounce between wanting to play a face paced, spammy character (Lucio, Junkrat), to a more measured and precise one (Hanzo). Sadly, those are the only heroes that I like right now. I've been trying a few games with the other heroes and haven't taken to any of the offense or tanks :/

Ok, can we talk about Roadhog and his motherfucking "Hook of Inconsistency +4"?

When he works, the character is fun and rewarding. Sadly, a huge percentage of the time, it seems like people I hook fly off above me, or land behind me, or any number of things that actually end up getting me killed. That or I hook them and it works great, but the following fire + melee combo does no damage.

Is this shit just me, or what? I pretty much never want to bother playing him now, have had games lost solely due to this nonsense.
    He's my favourite character and I hate his hook as much as love it.
    One of my most regular pathing issues is pulling WM down from a ledge. She almost always ends up no where near where I threw the hook and where I was aiming.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

Just let off the trigger when he reflects, better that you both live after his reflect than he live and you kill yourself. Same thing if you see Zar put up a shield, let off the trigger, wait for shield to drop and then cut her down. Zar can't bake you if she don't take any shield damage.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-06-16 at 04:54 PM.

I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I mostly play Widow or Mercy, but I've had to try out some Offensive heroes, since Widow isn't great on a lot of Attack maps and sometimes there's already a Mercy. I played soldier a bit and that has been fun. He's very consistent and well-rounded. Looks boring at first, but it's fun killing bad Widows with him. The heal is great in a pinch especially for an "offense" hero.

Widow is still strong after the patch; I didn't really notice the ult nerf. It should probably be nerfed another 10%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Only been getting a few games in here and there. Played a bunch this morning. Lucio, Junkrat, and Hanzo are my faves. I seem to bounce between wanting to play a face paced, spammy character (Lucio, Junkrat), to a more measured and precise one (Hanzo). Sadly, those are the only heroes that I like right now. I've been trying a few games with the other heroes and haven't taken to any of the offense or tanks :/
    I'm trying to figure out what the best strategy is for random matches. Do I get decent with one in each category or do I focus on one or two to maximize practice and presumably skill? Muscle memory is so important, so I'm thinking sticking to one really is the best thing, but for a hero like Widow, it's hard to justify them on Attack on some maps, much less two (if someone already picked her or Hanzo).

I guess the solution is to find a group to play with, but that's hit or miss. Sometimes friends are on, sometimes not.

mai is love, bae is life, wish she had a mace to shatter people she has frozen

Deleted
    I know blizzard loves their team objectives but i do think this game could benefit from a deathmatch and being able to sign up to a specific type of map.

Sometimes you just want to troll around on a specific champion without your team getting mad at you for not following the meta

Getting to the point where its 3 to 5 wins in a row then 3 to 5 losses in a row. Doesn't matter mode, number of friends, map, Attack\defend, it just seems to swing back and forth at about 3 then swing back the other way. Usually the first win of the day is really easy, PoTG, card, quick wins, then it goes downhill for the next five. I quit and it starts over again the next time I play. It's kind demoralizing after a while to get one team that does really well, then get ripped off that team, and progressively shoved into worse and worse teams. I thought maybe it was that I was getting to play better and better people, but really its not. I go from getting 4 to 5 people wanting to play the objective, switching hero's as needed to 5 Hanzo's shooting themselves in the foot for 7 minutes.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldonia View Post
    Getting to the point where its 3 to 5 wins in a row then 3 to 5 losses in a row. Doesn't matter mode, number of friends, map, Attack\defend, it just seems to swing back and forth at about 3 then swing back the other way. Usually the first win of the day is really easy, PoTG, card, quick wins, then it goes downhill for the next five. I quit and it starts over again the next time I play. It's kind demoralizing after a while to get one team that does really well, then get ripped off that team, and progressively shoved into worse and worse teams. I thought maybe it was that I was getting to play better and better people, but really its not. I go from getting 4 to 5 people wanting to play the objective, switching hero's as needed to 5 Hanzo's shooting themselves in the foot for 7 minutes.
    I'm having very similar luck. I have had a lot of people add me during random games and later invite me and sometimes get full premades going and we generally do well and I get a lot of wins. Then later they're not on so I solo queue and get placed on teams where I'm sure my teammates are either AFK or too busy licking their computer monitors to do anything else, so many losses.

Had an awful streak last night as well where even though I was in a premade we kept getting matched against more organized premades and lost like six in a row before my demoralized butt quit for the night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I mostly play Widow or Mercy, but I've had to try out some Offensive heroes, since Widow isn't great on a lot of Attack maps and sometimes there's already a Mercy. I played soldier a bit and that has been fun. He's very consistent and well-rounded. Looks boring at first, but it's fun killing bad Widows with him. The heal is great in a pinch especially for an "offense" hero.

Widow is still strong after the patch; I didn't really notice the ult nerf. It should probably be nerfed another 10%.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to figure out what the best strategy is for random matches. Do I get decent with one in each category or do I focus on one or two to maximize practice and presumably skill? Muscle memory is so important, so I'm thinking sticking to one really is the best thing, but for a hero like Widow, it's hard to justify them on Attack on some maps, much less two (if someone already picked her or Hanzo).

I guess the solution is to find a group to play with, but that's hit or miss. Sometimes friends are on, sometimes not.
    Yeah, friends would be nice but I don't mind quick play for the most part. I have encountered a string of toxic players today, though. Real bummer. I had to turn off voice chat.

Even though I want to keep trying out the other heroes, I do feel compelled to stick to my top 3 and get better with them. That being said, I've discovered Zarya and I'm in love. She has that Junkrat bomb spam that I like and she's aggressive and glorious. Just found my tank. Now I just need an offense. My McCree and Pharah play testing didn't go so well :/

Edit: Just realized I can mute individual players. Huzzah!
    Last edited by Daws001; 2016-06-17 at 12:25 AM.

Deleted
    there needs to be a team deathmatch mode especially for solo queing makes no sense being able to que up solo in a team baed game, its like solo queing up for raids in wow and that went great didnt it, oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    there needs to be a team deathmatch mode especially for solo queing makes no sense being able to que up solo in a team baed game, its like solo queing up for raids in wow and that went great didnt it, oh wait
    Overwatch isn't just a team game though in the aspect of queuing. It is designed for the solo player as well as team players. I queue up solo a lot when my friends are not playing it and have good and bad games. The team aspect comes from working with your premade or random team to win the game. I'm all for Team Deathmatch and CTF if I can queue solo as well as with premades/friends.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-06-17 at 12:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game just sucks now after the Mccree nerf. Tanks are just fucking annoying in uncoordinated Pugs. Roadhog is just a stupid character. Idk why people complained about Mccrees Flash into Hammer yet nobody bitches about getting Hooked by Roadhog and instantly dying.