Quote Originally Posted by Garg View Post
    I agree on Spear Hand Strike, Fortifying Brew (or any non talent defensive CD) would be a nice addition, but all Chi did was serve to gate and segregate our single target and group healing.
    I agree that Chi usage made us very proactive--i.e. banking Power Strikes, Expel, ReM charges before a big damage phase--which was not always optimal relative to other healers. I do feel like our toolkit is a little over-simplified.

I'll reserve my final judgement after some (Mythic) dungeons and potentially some raid testing in beta, but logging into my (up-levelled) RDruid alt was a little depressing. The Legion RDruid toolkit is vast, and (I feel) provides a lot of depth: http://imgur.com/a/SmVlo (just look at my Legion MW vs. Legion RDruid bars), ignoring the added utility.
    Last edited by Mollify; 2016-06-16 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    I don't think monks are sketchy in 5 mans. If you're stacking haste/mastery and use mist wrap, you should have no problems.
    True, maybe it'll feel better with enough mastery and haste at 110. I honestly wouldn't play anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mollify View Post
    I agree that Chi usage made us very proactive--i.e. banking Power Strikes, Expel, ReM charges before a big damage phase--which was not always optimal relative to other healers. I do feel like our toolkit is a little over-simplified.

I'll reserve my final judgement after some (Mythic) dungeons and potentially some raid testing in beta, but logging into my (up-levelled) RDruid alt was a little depressing. The Legion RDruid toolkit is vast, and (I feel) provides a lot of depth: http://imgur.com/a/SmVlo (just look at my Legion MW vs. Legion RDruid bars), ignoring the added utility.
    That's exactly how I feel, without Chi and Mana Tea it's so watered down like some druid/priest hybrid wannabe. For raid bosses knowing when the raid damage was about to go out and having 4-6 uplifts ready to dish out was so much fun. Now just what? EF then Vivify spam? Maybe RJW too if stacked. Run out of mana and auto cast SM on a tank and /sleep.. Don't get me started on Resto Druids kit compared to MW. I might be a bit raged because I feel (and know) every xpac Mistweavers gets thrown under the bus. And giving some of the most interesting talents to PvP MW was a big kick in the nuts too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BetoClinn View Post
    I pray that you're right. I've only healed 5 man's on Beta, leveled to 103 from just healing dungeons on my MW and honestly we could be strong in raids but mythic 5 man are looking sketchy.
    I think it looks the other way arround our new kit is really good for 5 man, how we will do in raids we will see durring the raid testing. Only thing that i have a bit worry is that life cocoon doesnt have a damage reductio component for mythic 10+. Guess that has to come from the tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    I think it looks the other way arround our new kit is really good for 5 man, how we will do in raids we will see durring the raid testing. Only thing that i have a bit worry is that life cocoon doesnt have a damage reductio component for mythic 10+. Guess that has to come from the tank.
    Mistweaver will perform more than fine in raids. Healing toolkit has never been monks problem since day 1.

thanks to ptr i could finally put my hands on the mw and i gotta say it feels much better than i expected

althought i find it a bit clunky at first the gameplay with RT but then again I could only do 1 dungeon so far thanks to servers being very stable hehe

I like how i can just cast the spell i want whenever i want, i remember blizz saying this was the direction they wanted to go and they achieved it for me, cant wait for legion woooo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollify View Post
    Definitely missing Fort Brew, Spear Hand Strike and Chi (which added a lot of depth, IMO). We'll see though!
    Leveling as MW in beta with the initial 680 gear certainly left me sorely missing Fortifying Brew and Spear Hand Strike.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Deleted
    Maybe this doesn´t count but i heald to wave 48 on pg (ptr 680 premade char) in the first try and it was my fault i was sleeping in that moment could easily gone further
    I think the toolkit is totaly fine for 5 man and pretty fun
    i´m looking forward to play the mythic+ with my monk in legion.

Deleted
    Yea tested proving grounds endless as well on the ptr, its so much easier.

There is a Vengeance Demon Hunter talent lvl 110 called Soul Barrier from what I understand it absorbs a flat amount and then a smaller amount after the initial one gets used. And the smaller amount lasts for the entire duration. I'd wish to see the same mechanic for Life Cocoon because for a 3 minute CD it feels underwhelming.
    Last edited by BetoClinn; 2016-06-16 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BetoClinn View Post
    There is a Vengeance Demon Hunter talent lvl 110 called Soul Barrier from what I understand it absorbs a flat amount and then a smaller amount after the initial one gets used. And the smaller amount lasts for the entire duration. I'd wish to see the same mechanic for Life Cocoon because for a 3 minute CD it feels underwhelming.
    Tyrannical bosses at at mythic10 hits for crap tons, like the destructor tentacles in maw hits for like 700-900k per normal hit on tanks.

Tyrannical bosses at at mythic10 hits for crap tons, like the destructor tentacles in maw hits for like 700-900k per normal hit on tanks.
    Yeah exactly and then Life Cocoon gets ripped through like wet tissue. Damage reductions like pain suppression, iron bark are so much more effective for tanks. On a short cool down LC was good/quick for saving a bad dps that stood in fire too long but for tanks it saves them one hit and poof it's gone. Most of the time in mythic when my tank called for a LC he either didn't need it or it wasn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    I don't think monks are sketchy in 5 mans. If you're stacking haste/mastery and use mist wrap, you should have no problems.
    So is haste/mastery the way to go in legion?

in the q&a today they said leveling as healer is easier now, there wont be a huge difference between dps and healers during the leveling...

is it true or is it still a mess?

It is not true. The difference between leveling as a healer and a damage spec is pretty huge especially for Monk because Windwalker has great damage cooldowns and AoE abilities so you can easily handle big pulls to quickly complete quests as well as the quest mini-bosses and rares.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachpies View Post
    It is not true. The difference between leveling as a healer and a damage spec is pretty huge especially for Monk because Windwalker has great damage cooldowns and AoE abilities so you can easily handle big pulls to quickly complete quests as well as the quest mini-bosses and rares.
    My condolences for the answer to your question. Can confirm it's not true at all except maybe in the case of Priests. Shamans, Paladins, Druids, and Monks are all at severe disadvantages leveling as their respective healing specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    My condolences for the answer to your question. Can confirm it's not true at all except maybe in the case of Priests. Shamans, Paladins, Druids, and Monks are all at severe disadvantages leveling as their respective healing specs.
    its not true for priests either. well maybe disc priests, but holy sucks just as much as mw, i leveled as both.

i was also hoping they would talk about mana regeneration for healers during the q&a but they continue to evade that subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oka555 View Post
    So is haste/mastery the way to go in legion?
    for 5 mans yes

no idea how good haste mastery is in a raid setting vs haste crit. I doubt the difference is that large since the mastery buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    althought i find it a bit clunky at first the gameplay with RT
    Please elaborate a bit instead of just using the word "Clunky." That word is not very descriptive and doesn't really say anything about what it is you don't like. Be more specific. Use examples of spells and mechanics you don't like and why.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post

I leveled to 107 as Mistweaver and it was not bad at all. Windwalker, which I then did from 107-110, is still faster of course. It wasn't a huge difference though. Took about 2 hours a level as Mistweaver and about 90-100 minutes as Windwalker. If you really want to level as a Mistweaver you will be fine, especially once you put some points into your artifact and get a bit of a damage boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Please elaborate a bit instead of just using the word "Clunky." That word is not very descriptive and doesn't really say anything about what it is you don't like. Be more specific. Use examples of spells and mechanics you don't like and why.

Thanks.
    calm down bud im not saying i dont like it, its the reverse totally

you should know clunky basically means it doesnt feel right at first, like it'll take a while before getting used to it, that's it

and anyway there wont be any changes at this point anymore, only tuning, not like highly descriptive feedback is needed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    calm down bud im not saying i dont like it, its the reverse totally

you should know clunky basically means it doesnt feel right at first, like it'll take a while before getting used to it, that's it

and anyway there wont be any changes at this point anymore, only tuning, not like highly descriptive feedback is needed now.
    You calm down. I wasn't being argumentative or angry. I was just asking you to clarify your post a bit more. Have we really reached the point where any post on a message board is automatically deemed as a passive aggressive cheap shot instead of actually to further the discussion?

Your definition of clunky is exactly why I asked for your clarification in the first place. I've heard numerous different definitions of it, and you never know which one someone is using. "Clunky" has just evolved into this catch-all term for "I dont like this" but the person who uses the word rarely, if ever, goes into any more detail than that. So to say anyone should know what it means, when people use it for all sorts of things, isn't the best approach.

Going forward, it would be appreciated if you could specify exactly what it is about a certain spell, mechanic, talent or playstyle you are addressing and what the issue is with it. It would be helpful in will lead to much better and higher-level discussions.