Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Maybe they will do a Firelands questing hub/reputation grind, but this time it'll be on some demon island/planet that will look like the island/planet/whatever it is that demon huntards quest on.

... or maybe just a datacenter in-game where our characters can "socialize" with each other while updating their Facebook and Twitter feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Ok, please tell me, what was it replaced with. Until I know that, it's scrapped.
    it's funny because "something cooler than Thal'dranath" is more descriptive than what we knew of Thal'dranath prior to this.

Do you really think it's gone because it doesn't have a name? Are you really that fickle?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm just glad we finally know something concrete. The thing that always bothers me is it being up in the air with no answer. This time, at least, we have an answer, and it seems like a good one.

Thal'dranath will not be part of Legion.
    It won't be a reduction in content delivered to players, just that the team had a better and way cooler idea.
    Thal'dranath was yet another ancient elven ruined island that has a heavy Legion presence. There is already a lot of that in Broken Isles.
    There are cool new places to explore in the patch content and once players see it they will agree that it is cooler than what Thal'dranath would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    Ion Hazzikostas just confirmed it during the Q/A, Thal'Dranath is scrapped, we all knew it wouldn't be there for release, but this time he said that it wont ever make it into the game

He also said Blizzard has a better idea instead, I wonder if it will be another island or something else

Your thoughts ?
    If they came to the conclusion that something doesn't cut it, it's a good thing that they're consequent enough to scrap it and do something better instead. If every game dev was in the position to do that and had the balls to do so, the gaming world would be a better place. That's how Overwatch came about, instead of a crappy stillbirth game that no one is passionate about, but must be released no matter what because time and money were sunk into it. Happens with all kinds of games all the time.

Obviously, the main thing is that they actually DO make something else instead and not just wipe the whole deal under the rug.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2016-06-16 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Clarification: Thal'dranath REPLACED not scrapped.
    Is it replaced by something similar? We don't know? Is it replaced by an island? we don't know. What does it mean that it's cooler? We don't know. For all I know, it could be replaced by a rock with 3 npcs helping you log to social networks from within the game... but of course, I'm probably wrong... but we don't know. So, until we do know more details, Thal'dranath was scrapped and it was replaced with words. Like promises. Like the promise of Farahlon, remember that great zone? I don't, since it was scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    It was nothing. It was going to be more ruins in an expansion with nothing but ruins. If anything I'm kind of glad they decided to go a different direction. Why are people up in arms about them removing an empty island with no real story attached to it?
    So it was going to be an island with night elf ruins. Doesn't sound so bad. They went a different direction? Well, fair enough, which direction did they go towards? Oh wait, we don't know. And why couldn't they simply change what was on Thal'danath instead? Maybe just change its shape, rename it, whatever, put different types of content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey at least we got an actual answer. Big step up from them really. With Farahlon they didn't even really give us a reason or explanation. With the knowledge we have now we knew that Thal'Dranath was going to be patch content so we haven't lost anything of value. If they were just demon infested night elf ruins then thank god it's been scrapped. They know damn well that they have to find a cooler idea for patch content if they want to please this mess of a player base lol.

And to the people that fear the unknown, stop thinking about the game for a minute and go do something else to take your mind off of it damn.
    Last edited by helmaroc; 2016-06-16 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ. It's like you're so completely sure that Blizzard does nothing but lie that the fact that they would actually be truthful about something is so alien to you that you can't even comprehend it.

I'm not glorifying anything. I'm calling it what it is. There was something players noticed extremely in early development which they've admitted they scrapped and decided to do something different. They're not removing content, they're simply going in a different direction. Would you have rather they said nothing at all? Have all the players sit here and think that it's possible then when they finally get to the point where they can no longer deny it, say it at the last minute? Do you not think that would be received a lot more poorly than simply coming out before the expansion is released and telling players they're going in another direction? Again, I understand skepticism but there's a point where it stops being skepticism and it's evidence of bold-faced, contrived and completely unrealistic cynicism.
    Lol, Damn dude, i'm not saying blizzard is 100% lying. I'm saying if you 100% believe this, than your a sucker. i don't even know what the fuck you are on about. So much hyperbole, relax.

I don't really see a point in getting upset over something getting nixed that had never been implemented in the first place. And we've already been informed that something is coming in it's place. Be as cynical as you like, but I'm just think it's not worth getting up in arms over. I look forward to seeing how the expansion progresses, where we're taken next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Is it replaced by something similar? We don't know? Is it replaced by an island? we don't know. What does it mean that it's cooler? We don't know. For all I know, it could be replaced by a rock with 3 npcs helping you log to social networks from within the game... but of course, I'm probably wrong... but we don't know. So, until we do know more details, Thal'dranath was scrapped and it was replaced with words. Like promises. Like the promise of Farahlon, remember that great zone? I don't, since it was scrapped.

So it was going to be an island with night elf ruins. Doesn't sound so bad. They went a different direction? Well, fair enough, which direction did they go towards? Oh wait, we don't know. And why couldn't they simply change what was on Thal'danath instead? Maybe just change its shape, rename it, whatever, put different types of content?
    Exactly, so stop assumeing it's terrible. It's like being handed a box and being told "Don't open till Xmas" and then getting pissed that whatever's inside is gonna suck. Also, as far as we've seen, there was nothing on the island yet. It was in the beta for a short bit but it was just an empty island on the minimap.

Farahlon 2.0

As they say there's plenty of old night elf stuff around as it is, so I'm all for them swapping to a new idea for a patch zone. I like Azsuna a lot and all but I don't need a second version of it in the same expansion. For now I'm withholding judgment until we see what actually comes out down the road. But I'm looking forward to something that will stand out more from the rest of the Broken Isles.

Unlike Farahlon, we have nothing specific to have been excited for here, while in WoD it would have been fun to see Netherstorm before it became Netherstorm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just having a giant island doesn't mean it was chock full of content or they can't live up to it in the replacement. The size of the zone matters little when it comes to what we're actually gonna do there

Quote Originally Posted by Uncertain Tea View Post
    I don't really see a point in getting upset over something getting nixed that had never been implemented in the first place. And we've already been informed that something is coming in it's place. Be as cynical as you like, but I'm just think it's not worth getting up in arms over. I look forward to seeing how the expansion progresses, where we're taken next.
    They have stated we would have 3 raid tiers... the second two aren't here either.. what if they said they had nixed those too? After what happened with WoD... two capital cities abandoned, a zone abandoned, various locations to choose where your garrison would be built, (add a decent list of gone baby gone items here), a content patch that consisted of a Selfie Cam? That was "cool" too remember?

The LAST thing they want to do it seem like they are starting to cut content.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Lol, Damn dude, i'm not saying blizzard is 100% lying. I'm saying if you 100% believe this, than your a sucker. i don't even know what the fuck you are on about. relax.
    You can't call somebody a sucker and just expect them to be cool with it because you're now defending an opinion in some mysterious grey area. You're telling me to relax while simultaneously demeaning me simply because I'm looking at this situation pragmatically instead of hopping on the Fuck Blizzard circlejerk.

Since it was never really detailed, we don't know what we're losing. That said, I really can't call this 'losing content' since they're going to be replacing it with something else.

And you have to know that since they've came out and called it 'cooler' than what we would have gotten with Thal'Dranath, the players aren't going to let it go until we see what it is.

We're going to be asking about that 'cool' content until it actually comes out. So, I doubt they intend on simply scrapping it and not having something replace it.

And for all we know, Thal'Dranath was going to be the 7.2 Tier patch and they replaced it with something like a revised Karazhan patch.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Them doing what they thought was cool is how we got a time traveling orc adventure.
    I believe the bitching of the playerbase (the morons at least) that somehow managed to overlook the themes of war, turmoil and destruction in MoP because of "happy pandas" contributed to the theme and reused lore characters of WoD...

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's credibility was severely crippled by WoD. Many things that were announced were not implemented at all or done so decently and others were scrapped. The flying matter just put a grave to their PR stunts. It's very normal that people don't trust those announcements. Let's see if this time they deliver.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yeah, how dare anybody believe Blizzard doesn't do anything simply because they hate their customers! What a bunch of fucking idiots.
    Nobody thinks Blizzard hates its customers. But Blizzard, like many companies, has shareholders. And shareholders don't give a shit about the customers, they only care about profit growth.

And more zones cost since you sometimes have to hire extra people or pay people more for overtime etc. Money which could go to them, the shareholders. Also, more zones means more work, so for the people working for Blizzard that are bored with doing such but people who remain with Blizzard for money, it's great, since it means less work.
    With the Broken Isles there actually wasn't that much content announced. Not sure if you saw the thread of people who looked at the size, but it's one of the smallest expansions already. So there already isn't that much content. Yet they already cut a zone and replaced it with promises. Allow me to say that I am not happy. I'm sure Blizzard doesn't have its customers, but they don't really show they love us either with empty promises on the smallest expansion area already.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    They have stated we would have 3 raid tiers... the second two aren't here either.. what if they said they had nixed those too? After what happened with WoD... two capital cities abandoned, a zone abandoned, various locations to choose where your garrison would be built, (add a decent list of gone baby gone items here), a content patch that consisted of a Selfie Cam? That was "cool" too remember?

The LAST thing they want to do it seem like they are starting to cut content.
    Your raid tier idea doesn't really apply here. We have no idea what was going to be on that island beyond night elf ruins and next to no work had been done on it from what we've seen. It was a patch zone that got scrapped in favor of a different idea for a patch zone. Your raid tier idea would be like them saying 'we scrapped a second elf city raid we had planned for 7.2 because we have a better idea for a raid tier.' While Farahlon didn't get replaced by anything, it was just scrapped. And this island was never intended to be launch content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol what a mess of a playerbase my god. No idea wtf it was, apperantly some copy pasted elf ruins from the rest of the expansion, they have a better idea,'' fuck them'' ''Faralohn 2.0''. What a fucking joke of a community man. If you have absolutely no faith in anything they say, why do you pay them? And let's be fucking real right now, don't try to tell me you won't be buying the expansion first week, no one here belives you.