Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's pretty funny yet sad how Legion has the most endgame content of any expansion and because they scrapped a zone that never existed it's suddenly "omfg we have no contentz!".

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Maybe, I just remember being excited for the expansion for a few months after the announcement, and my excitement plummeted after hearing about the content cuts months later.
    I'm sorry, but yeah. They were immediately changing things after Blizz Con ended. They hyped it up, opened pre-orders, let it go for a while and then started back-pedaling and revising and simplifying.

That's why I walked away from WoD and didn't get it until December 2015 when I read up on Legion and realized I needed to get my toons ready for Legion.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Maybe, I just remember being excited for the expansion for a few months after the announcement, and my excitement plummeted after hearing about hte content cuts months after.
    It's fine to be skeptical, especially after WOD, but so far Legion hasn't been repeating that trend, and even with this future content zone being scrapped they've said it's being replaced by what they feel is a more interesting idea. Considering we know nothing about what was going to be on this island other than more NE ruins (yay....), and we know even less about the new idea, it's not really fair to call them out on this until we see what the new idea is. If they end up scrapping the new idea too and don't add a zone or it's a piece of lazy garbage then yeah, that'll suck, but we don't have reason to believe that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Well to be honest such reaction is normal. Being an all-forgivable person who forget how the totally best and #savage expansion ever with #savage orcs and blackjack turned to be the worst, is not
    No one has forgotten how they dropped the ball and fucked up with WoD, but not everyone's childish enough to grow a grudge out of if when everything points to them doing opposite with their upcoming content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    The posted you quoted actually made a joke due to the fact that Thal'Dranath was basically flat land. As in, the idea is, there wasn't anything there anyway, what is everyone complaining about. That's how I understood it at least.
    But then again, maybe not on Live builds but behind scenes there could be.

Anyhow, let's just see what they replace it with

Interesting choice of words in Ions response:

There are cool new places to explore in the patch content and once players see it they will agree that it is cooler than what Thal'dranath would have been.
    As in singular patch? I hope thats just phrased or summarized by mmochamp weirdly and there is more than one patch planned I am skeptical at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No one has forgotten how they dropped the ball and fucked up with WoD, but not everyone's childish enough to grow a grudge out of if when everything points to them doing opposite with their upcoming content.
    Even WoD, for all its failings, still got a few things right like the leveling, and from what I hear the raids though I only really raided very briefly for a month or two then quit due to still being burnt out on raiding in general.

Deleted
    If they have better ("cooler") replacement content, where are they going to put it? They dont really design zones with a lot of free space to put new stuff into it, do they? I dont think the Thunder King patch would have worked without adding the actual Isle of Thunder.

I also hope that the notes are doing Ion an injustice and that he didnt mention how much "cooler" everything would be three times in 4 sentences. These notes sound like a really crude, desperate sell. Almost Trumpian.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post

As in singular patch? I hope thats just phrased or summarized by mmochamp weirdly and there is more than one patch planned I am skeptical at this point.
    They have said there will be more than one patch. They're likely talking about one specific patch here. Another question in the same QA session has them saying there will be more than one patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    It's fine to be skeptical, especially after WOD, but so far Legion hasn't been repeating that trend, and even with this future content zone being scrapped they've said it's being replaced by what they feel is a more interesting idea. Considering we know nothing about what was going to be on this island other than more NE ruins (yay....), and we know even less about the new idea, it's not really fair to call them out on this until we see what the new idea is. If they end up scrapping the new idea too and don't add a zone or it's a piece of lazy garbage then yeah, that'll suck, but we don't have reason to believe that yet.
    Exactly. It's perfectly fine to be skeptical. I highly encourage EVERYONE to keep one good eye on Blizzard at all times for a good long while. BUT. They've given me no reason to think that Legion is going to be a repeat of WoD. They have, in fact, acted in ways that are 180 degrees from WoD development. They're open, they're not over-promising, they're giving us exactly what they've shown us. There's no bait and switch, there's no over-hyping. Everything they've shown us and talked about is actually making it through to launch. Which is something I HIGHLY doubted when Legion was first announced.

But, here we are. I think it's safe to cut them some slack on changing their minds about patch content ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-Cante View Post
    If they have better ("cooler") replacement content, where are they going to put it? They dont really design zones with a lot of free space to put new stuff into it, do they? I dont think the Thunder King patch would have worked without adding the actual Isle of Thunder.

I also hope that the notes are doing Ion an injustice and that he didnt mention how much "cooler" everything would be three times in 4 sentences. These notes sound like a really crude, desperate sell. Almost Trumpian.
    They're still going to add a new zone it seems, they just have a different idea for a zone. It'll likely still be another island, just a different island.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    But then again, maybe not on Live builds but behind scenes there could be.

Anyhow, let's just see what they replace it with
    True, on the DEV-QA builds it most likely had something, but considering those assets were, as they state, more night elf stuff, they can use it in the rest of the Broken Isles if it's something unique.

Still, I will admit that I am curious what they thought of replacing it with. I do hope it's something that at least has enough content as a zone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post

No, they've already said that we're getting multiple patches.

Even WoD, for all its failings, still got a few things right like the leveling, and from what I hear the raids though I only really raided very briefly for a month or two then quit due to still being burnt out on raiding in general.
    Yep, as someone that's been raiding throughout WoD, they did certain things completely right. I've not been without content and reasons to play for the entire expansion.

Deleted
    Well let's hope they don't fuck it up like they did with WoD. I have to say - quite refreshing to actually own up to their mistakes. Let's hope WoD itself woke them up and they are starting to give a shit about the game again.

Wasn't Thal'Dranath going to be the place that Maiev visited in WC3? Kinda sucks if that was the case, I would've loved to visit that place, unless its presented somewhere else in the game. Atleast they tell us that the place got scrapped rather than remaining silent like they did with Farahlon, still giving some people hope that it might eventually come troughout WoD's lifespan.

If Kul'Tiras will replace Thal'Dranath, I sure as hell would be happy. Or Zandalar Isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    Well let's hope they don't fuck it up like they did with WoD. I have to say - quite refreshing to actually own up to their mistakes. Let's hope WoD itself woke them up and they are starting to give a shit about the game again.
    Losing half of the player base was likely a solid gut-punch for all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Good news: Ion immediately followed it up by saying they had a better and more different idea than Thal'dranth. Thal'dranth was just going to be more Elven Ruins.

Bad News: This means we're now looking at the Great Unknown. Could be the Void, could be Argus, could just be Kezan. And it could always be a big fat nothing like WoD had.
    I actually really want this, personally. Man I miss going to Kezan and the Lost Isles. Pretty nice place.

Deleted
    They're still going to add a new zone it seems, they just have a different idea for a zone. It'll likely still be another island, just a different island.
    but then we re just talking about a name-change from Thal'Dranath to Whateverath? I mean, as far as I know, we knew absolutely nothing about TD content, right? Why not just put this "cooler" new content on Thal'Dranath? If they going to add an island anyway, why not the one they announced? Is this really just about a name change? Seems incredibly dumb to antagonize people over something like this. I really dont get this.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Wasn't Thal'Dranath going to be the place that Maiev visited in WC3? Kinda sucks if that was the case, I would've loved to visit that place, unless its presented somewhere else in the game. Atleast they tell us that the place got scrapped rather than remaining silent like they did with Farahlon, still giving some people hope that it might eventually come troughout WoD's lifespan.

If Kul'Tiras will replace Thal'Dranath, I sure as hell would be happy. Or Zandalar Isle.
    I'm not sure if there was any specific lore related to it revealed other than 'night elf ruins' which we have plenty of in the BI as is. I know Maiev went to the Tomb of Sargeras, but as far as I know she didn't go to the scrapped isle.