Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    The vast majority of players prefer it. The real question is why don't you?
    It isnt always a case of choosing or preferring it, but having no choice.
    But people who keep insisting that LFR is a choice are the ones with the problem mentality.
    This constant need to feel superior no matter what the consequences, that they will produce an artificial measure to do that.
    And that is how casual someone is.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's actually really simple. It has been since WotLK. When the players set the requirements based solely on achievements or gearscore / item level, they tend to set the requirements too high. This excludes the majority of people from playing. If the game sets the requirements, the requirements are set at the level that Blizzard intended.

And no, don't regurgitate to me that players can form their own groups. That's worthless, and anyone who has ever been in an actual raid knows this, not everyone can form a group with a good composition and lead a raid. So if you're one of the people that doesn't have ahead of the curve, or you don't outgear the raid you want to do, and you aren't one of those people that can successfully setup and lead a raid, hitting a button to queue for content is quite appealing.
    Exactly.
    How is anyone not getting decent raid experience of any sort supposed to raid when they are being excluded all the time.
    Players complain about how LFR is too popular, but then proceed to make it difficult for players to break out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Blyght View Post
    This is my Hunter; http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Treijin/simple

Doesn't matter what time, day or night, when I try to pug raids or mythic dungeons I spend more time looking for a group and getting declined than actually playing the game. Examples include but not limited to; ilvl not high enough, No high level carry to bring with me, rolling on "others" tier (or reserved items), didn't get my AotC or similar when content was "hard", haven't fully cleared content etc, etc...

While you and many others spout the obnoxious and over used trope "create your own group you lazy casual whiners!", know that some people were born to lead and others were born to follow. I can carry out the role of a hunter/DPS just fine and enjoy a challenge. What I'm not good at is ensuring the other X amount of players are also doing what they should be, taking care of logistics involved with raiding and generally hand holding others through content.

TL;DR: Queuing allows me to avoid silly crap like @Jerichofr mentioned, more time playing and less searching for desirable groups. I still play with friends from time to time though.
    So you want to play with a group but you don't want to create and manage it and you also don't want to be asked for ilvl requirement.

Then you think a queueable raid will magically make a player wants to become the RL and tell everyone what he should/shouldn't do?

Even if heroic raids were be queueable, it would be the same as in LFR. 5 people won't know what to do and expect someone to take the lead. 5 people won't do half the dps/heal they should do. Some people will be afk and the raid will wipe at the first mechanic because nobody will be coordinated.

No what I'm saying is that if the attunements for these 2 Mythic dungeons are boring as shit then I won't do them. Still 8 other Mythics I can do to get raid ready and still have to form a group for.

People who have this mentality, please help me understand why you feel this way? Why does the game have to revolve around your wants and desires of it being a complete queue fest?
    So your wants and desires are the ones that matter... gotcha. Your asking for the option THEY use that you DONT LIKE to be taken away, despite it not in anyway preventing you from doing the method you DO LIKE....

Don't like it, don't use it. Stop worrying about what everyone else is doing.
    "Well shit, ya'll have fun now"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    So you want to play with a group but you don't want to create and manage it and you also don't want to be asked for ilvl requirement.

Then you think a queueable raid will magically make a player wants to become the RL and tell everyone what he should/shouldn't do?

Even if heroic raids were be queueable, it would be the same as in LFR. 5 people won't know what to do and expect someone to take the lead. 5 people won't do half the dps/heal they should do. Some people will be afk and the raid will wipe at the first mechanic because nobody will be coordinated.
    No, you misunderstand. Most people cannot lead a raid. That's just how it works. Anyone who has ever raided in any capacity will tell you that.

The problem is that when PLAYERS set the requirements with achievements or ilevels they vaaaaastly overestimate what is required. If Blizzard set the requirements, and the invite process was automated, a lot more people would be interested in running raids. As it stands now if you're not a leader, and you don't meet the obscene standards set by the average pug raid, you're fucked.

Deleted
    In vanilla those people said "hi@all summon pls".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    People who have this mentality, please help me understand why you feel this way? Why does the game have to revolve around your wants and desires of it being a complete queue fest?

People who don't feel this way, what is your argument for having all types of content, specifically content that is unable to be queued for?
    For some players playing a MMO is not all about interacting with other players. They like being in the game not because they can make some false friendships, but because they love the game itself - story, atmosphere, setting, adventure.
    For those players, it's often enough just to see other players around them doing their stuff, ocasionaly interacting with few, but not too deeply. It just helps them feel like adventuring in a live world.

You see, all friendships, even internet ones, require devotion, involvement, effort and time. Many players either don't need them, or don't have enough playtime to commit. A occasional /wave or /hello is enough and they are content. And that's something you can get plenty in all queue based content.

Besides, unless you are using teamspeak or something like it, interacting with other players actually takes away from your gameplay time. You have to stop to write, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    No, you misunderstand. Most people cannot lead a raid. That's just how it works. Anyone who has ever raided in any capacity will tell you that.

The problem is that when PLAYERS set the requirements with achievements or ilevels they vaaaaastly overestimate what is required. If Blizzard set the requirements, and the invite process was automated, a lot more people would be interested in running raids. As it stands now if you're not a leader, and you don't meet the obscene standards set by the average pug raid, you're fucked.
    OK. Let's imagine it is queueable. 20 people will be randomly selected for a raid, so there is no leader and requirements will be set by Blizzard. What do you think will happen?

OK. Let's imagine it is queueable. 20 people will be randomly selected for a raid, so there is no leader and requirements will be set by Blizzard. What do you think will happen?
    That feature is in the game since Dragon Soul, it's call LFR and was at its best during MoP, Dorumu included.

You need to get off your high nelly, not a single poster here advocated for queues to Heroic+ raiding. The question was why do players prefer queuing over grouping. Pretty sure a lot more players would group if the community wasn't full off ass hats, as it stands queuing is preferred.

Deleted
    people that can do it and understand it will keep queuing and succeed ( there are ALLOT of people that could do the raids all the way to heroic with ease the only reason they wont because the tons of issues that are allready got posted here mainly all the entitled "leet" kid with their stupid demands + the HUGE wait time it would take to set a group together.

those that cant stop and go for lower difficulty sooner or later.

Deleted
    This is my Hunter; http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Treijin/simple

Doesn't matter what time, day or night, when I try to pug raids or mythic dungeons I spend more time looking for a group and getting declined than actually playing the game. Examples include but not limited to; ilvl not high enough, No high level carry to bring with me, rolling on "others" tier (or reserved items), didn't get my AotC or similar when content was "hard", haven't fully cleared content etc, etc...

While you and many others spout the obnoxious and over used trope "create your own group you lazy casual whiners!", know that some people were born to lead and others were born to follow. I can carry out the role of a hunter/DPS just fine and enjoy a challenge. What I'm not good at is ensuring the other X amount of players are also doing what they should be, taking care of logistics involved with raiding and generally hand holding others through content.

TL;DR: Queuing allows me to avoid silly crap like @Jerichofr mentioned, more time playing and less searching for desirable groups. I still play with friends from time to time though.
    I can understand the difficulty in creating your own raid, but creating a group for mythic dungeons shouldn't be too difficult? The group finder does most of the work for you. Finding two more DPS shouldn't be too difficult and a tank and healer should show up fairly quickly if the group already has all the needed DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    people that can do it and understand it will keep queuing and succeed ( there are ALLOT of people that could do the raids all the way to heroic with ease the only reason they wont because the tons of issues that are allready got posted here mainly all the entitled "leet" kid with their stupid demands + the HUGE wait time it would take to set a group together.

those that cant stop and go for lower difficulty sooner or later.
    I think it more likely that a lot of people would queue up with the expectation of being carried, since the system creates groups for them they got nothing but a little bit of time to lose.

@Lora Twinblade, I should have specified that I DO set up my own Mythic Dungeons, personally they are trivial for me, they were at 670 ilvl and even more so now that I have a higher ilvl. I was talking more in the general sense that grouping in WoW is often blocked by community set limitations. Some players would rather just avoid those groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    It's about the journey. One does not simply queue into Mordor.
    Frodo and Sam did - the pathway was too narrow to walk side by side.

/S

@Lora Twinblade, I should have specified that I DO set up my own Mythic Dungeons, personally they are trivial for me, they were at 670 ilvl and even more so now that I have a higher ilvl. I was talking more in the general sense that grouping in WoW is often blocked by community set limitations. Some players would rather just avoid those groups.
    Personally, I tend to find that 'community set limitations' aren't set impossibly high for some arbitrary reason.... they're set so high because the majority of players pugging the content can MEET THOSE STANDARDS.

If it took 5 hours to get a group together with ABC achievement(s) and itemlevel 789+ then the majority of groups would set lower standards or simply avoid doing/pugging the content altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    -Snipped-
    I posted my armory earlier in thread. By and large I meet "most" requirements and still get declined on the regular, so go figure. I under no illusion that I'm some poor unfortunate snowflake and presume others in a game as big as WoW face the same challenges I do. If you have 3+ hours to find a group willing to let you join or, you can be online, every time, your guild raids and maintain a raid spot, more power to you.

While I prefer queueing over spamming Trade Chat for god knows how long, I think it was bad overall for the game. I highly prefer the recent group finder over both of those though. I'm also very happy that the devs are planning to test out making future Legion changes as Mythic only (so no queueing).

Let them "not participate", they're not contributing to the experience with that attitude. They'll still have their queues, just not for ALL the 5-man content.

It's not like creating a group manually is rocket science, people were able to do it just fine from Classic all the way to WOTLK.

That feature is in the game since Dragon Soul, it's call LFR and was at its best during MoP, Dorumu included.

You need to get off your high nelly, not a single poster here advocated for queues to Heroic+ raiding. The question was why do players prefer queuing over grouping. Pretty sure a lot more players would group if the community wasn't full off ass hats, as it stands queuing is preferred.
    LFR and LFG were a solution to a problem:

LFG removed the frustration of waiting for hours in a city to get one run in on a dungeon that you needed to run multiple times to get something done, like attunements or a specific piece of gear. It populated the dungeons more - and more players in dungeons is a good thing, for the overall game.

LFR was to allow players to see raids that they would otherwise not see. The developers said straight up, the cost of devoloping content only 2-5% of the players saw wasn't cost effective, and LFR let them use that content for everyone else. It was never set up or described as real raiding, and it's content not intended for raiders.

Could they have done something different? Sure. And they could in the future, but it worked. Ever since, the one group both systems weren't designed for - raiders - have cried and sniveled about them endlessly.

So lets go back to the old days, where 98% of the players never see a raid instance, where forming your own group is next to impossible because decent tanks and healers won't group with non-guild members and random players, or are cherrypicked out of your group by a guild run or a group of raiders who offer a faceroll, instead of having to actually work for the drops. 'Cause that was so much fun, right? All of the "just make your own group" comments are ignorant or ignore the reality that tanks and healers are hard to find at that level, especially for random pugs. Tanks often refuse to tank outside of their guild. I spent way too many hours in TBC with 3 dps, and never finding a tank or healer. Yeah, that was so efficient, and fun.

It's been the elitist asshat's agenda, since vanilla, to take stuff away from anyone that doesn't raid - and it's the same bullshit when it comes to LFR and LFG. "But we're forced to run it!" - that's between you and your raid leader, not our circus, not our monkeys.

And, even IF Blizzard removed both, and came up with something new to replace them, the same people will find a way to abuse it, snivel about it, and demand that it be removed. You know it's true. Raiders are never more happy than when they're in vent sniveling about "casuals" - I raided, I heard it.

OMG, oh noes, 10 people are zoning into a dumbed down raid instance with no raid leader! The sky is falling! Pffft.

If you raid, LFR and LFG is not content designed for you. So stop acting like it's yours to control.

You may now resume sniveling.
    Last edited by Gadzooks; 2016-06-16 at 09:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do I say that, Jaylock? It's really quite simple.

I won't leave the decision about whether or not I can participate in this game in the hands of another person.

Ever.

Deleted
    You are on Kazzak, one of the most populated realms full of elitist pricks. Of course you'll be declined. That's where wannabe hardcore raiders reroll FoTM classes, get boosted then create pugs with unreasonable requirements. Such realms existed way before LFR. In WoTLK when GearScore add-on existed, such realms were always the worst cesspool of players imaginable, setting insanely high requirements.

Now imagine those morons from Kazzak being able to queue for heroic mode. Just the way you want to. None of them know how to lead, none of them know how to play, all of them have patience of a 5 year old. One wipe, which is inevitable - 2/3 of raid is gone.

Queue won't solve problems. Morons will stay morons with their high ilevel requirements, caps lock disability and inability to comprehend basic raiding. You won't magically be able to join decent pugs.

I don't think anything can save this situation. LFD/LFR have devastated realm communities, all players that used to lead raids, enjoyed social aspect (I'm not talking about guild chat) and had patience have already left WoW.