Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    What exactly did they do wrong?
    Blizzard is a multimillionaire company with enough resources to deliver Tal'dranath and the "isle" it was scrapped for. They continue being stingy and committing the same mistake again and again. There will always be fanboys defending them despite being affected by their actions. It's like a person who defends his/her abusive partner.
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

Quote Originally Posted by Jencsik View Post
    Except the island this thread is about. Which just so happened to be shown on a map at blizzcon.

Which is awesome and i'm happy it looks like blizzard got a kick in the butt for the atrocity that is WoD. Legion looks much better but we don't need anything resembling WOD's business model going forward. We can all agree on that.
    It was never announced as launch content though, and it's being replaced by something else. It's not a case of 'X was cut' but rather 'X is being replaced with Y.' Given that we know every little about what X was going to be and even less about Y we may as well wait and see before getting excited or upset over it. If it was a launch zone being postponed to a patch or outright cut I'd agree with you, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    Blizzard is a multimillionaire company with enough resources to deliver Tal'dranath and the "isle" it was scrapped for. They continue to commit the same mistake again and again and being extremely stingy. There will always be fanboys defending them despite being affected by their actions. It's like a person who defends his/her abusive partner.
    Okay, that was obvious trolling. lol
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    The only attachment people had was that, through speculation, it apparently lined up with N'zoth's prison.

People were hyping themselves like "OHHHH SHIT WE'RE GONNA SEE N'ZOTH AND FIGHT HIM THIS EXPANSION LIKE YOGG'SARON."
    Nah, those people don't realize that if they used N'zoth as a content patch rather than an expansion, then it becomes wasted potential.

Blizzard is a multimillionaire company with enough resources to deliver Tal'dranath and the "isle" it was scrapped for. They continue being stingy and committing the same mistake again and again. There will always be fanboys defending them despite being affected by their actions. It's like a person who defends his/her abusive partner.
    Do.. you know how Game Development actually works?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Blizzard is a multimillionaire company with enough resources to deliver Tal'dranath and the "isle" it was scrapped for. They continue to commit the same mistake again and again and being extremely stingy. There will always be fanboys defending them despite being affected by their actions. It's like a person who defends his/her abusive partner.
    You're sounding a bit entitled here. They were making a zone but changed their mind and decided to do something better before getting their hands dirty in development for it, and your response is 'we should get both blizz can throw money at it and get ALL THE CONTENT!' If WOD was anything to go by throwing more money and developers at things doesn't always pan out well.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    you have a point.. altho to be fair, we had been seeing spikes since WotLK ... and I hate ruins, but i love elven lore, would much prefer a nice zone or a repaired zone - could do with more nice elven stuff, maybe Silvermoon and Quel'danis?
    You're seriously in for a treat with Suramar, then. Suramar City is absolutely magnificent. Just wait until you see it. It's not ruins, it's a pristine elven city. And it's gigantic. And gorgeous. Probably bigger than Stormwind City, too.

Blizzard is a multimillionaire company with enough resources to deliver Tal'dranath and the "isle" it was scrapped for. They continue being stingy and commiting the same mistake again and again. There will always be fanboys defending them despite being affected by their actions. It's like a person who defends his/her abusive partner.
    If you want to be taken somewhat seriously around her,e the two arguments "Blizzard has enough money" and "Fanboys will always defend them" won't get you far discussion wise.

And so it starts..

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    And so it starts..
    And what starts?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    They better stop announcing anything because people just go apeshit if it doesn't happen no matter what the reasons.
    They didn't even announce Thal'Dranath. People saw a name on a map and jumped to their own conclusions.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Blizzard is a multimillionaire company with enough resources to deliver Tal'dranath and the "isle" it was scrapped for. They continue being stingy and commiting the same mistake again and again. There will always be fanboys defending them despite being affected by their actions. It's like a person who defends his/her abusive partner.
    What actions? They straight up said that they just replaced the island with something else which they deem cooler.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that you've never owned or operated a multi-million/billion dollar company and thus have actually no clue what you're talking about when it comes to resource allocation or how much time and effort it takes to produce a content patch in a game of any size let alone one as gargantuan as WoW. "Scrapped" is what happened to Faralohn, as we never received any replacement content for it. This is a replacement for something that we quite literally only knew the name of with something they deem cooler and better. These are two different words that mean two different things.

whatever.
    just remove more shit. i dont care anymore
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jinklos View Post
    What actions? They straight up said that they just replaced the island with something else which they deem cooler.
    They also said Tanaan was going to be released at launch
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    They didn't even announce Thal'Dranath. People saw a name on a map and jumped to their own conclusions.
    Nah they said Thal'dranath was going to be post launch content at Blizzcon. I remember because I was sitting in the crowd during the Legion Systems panel.

That was also over half a year ago and they've shifted those resources to something "cooler", which is fine.

No one was excited for Thal'dranath outside of speculation. The only reason anyone attached to it was because people were like "Oh sick we're actually getting post launch content."

- - - Updated - - -

They also said tanaan was going to be released at launch
    No, they didn't. It was on the map at the start and they described it. They fucked up communicating that it was coming post launch. Thus people got the idea that apparently it was cut.

Just like Farahlon. They mention something or don't mention it, and it's a promise apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    whatever.
    just remove more shit. i dont care anymore
    They didn't cut anything from release. They had one idea for a patch zone and are REPLACING IT with another idea that they deem better. We didn't even know anything about this island other than night elf ruins. It wasn't even really announced it was just on a map.

They also said Tanaan was going to be released at launch
    This is why we can't have nice things. Random people claiming false stuff to boost their random game bashing. :/

Except the island this thread is about. Which just so happened to be shown on a map at blizzcon.

Which is awesome and i'm happy it looks like blizzard got a kick in the butt for the atrocity that is WoD. Legion looks much better but we don't need anything resembling WOD's business model going forward. We can all agree on that.

Let's just hope they don't leave LEGION to rot as they did WOD. I would love to have a lot of faith in them and what they are doing but they seriously damaged WOW with WOD. They did show this area on the map at blizzcon so technically they did announce it. How far they were into making it? Nobody but the devs will know that.
    Pardon if I sound rude, but seems you're grasping at straws to try and find something with which to incriminate them. It was a mass on a map with a name, nothing more, and even so, the idea has been replaced, not cut. Ion blatantly stated they have other plans for it.

As for inferencing things, one can infer that since it's been completely removed from the map, that content will not be an island on Azeroth, but take place somewhere else. Sure, it's a guess, so I could be wrong. But if you know how the story is going, you'd be hard pressed to accuse it of being a bad guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things. Random people claiming false stuff to boost their random game bashing. :/
    I'm beginning to think people like the one you quoted do it out of getting a sense of pride/ego boost for "denouncing the big company and being the little man who won".

Like.. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    They didn't cut anything from release. They had one idea for a patch zone and are REPLACING IT with another idea that they deem better. We didn't even know anything about this island other than night elf ruins. It wasn't even really announced it was just on a map.
    they make enough god damn money to have both but this is blizzard. its one or the other.
    i am getting sick of their god damn bullshit.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor