Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    they make enough god damn money to have both but this is blizzard. its one or the other.
    i am getting sick of their god damn bullshit.
    Oh hey, another person who knows nothing about Game Development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

This thread shows everything wrong with the current online community. Finding some part of what someone said that they can criticise and be a negative nancy about while ignoring literally EVERYTHING else they said just to harp on that one thing and make it the end of the world that the one thing was said while ignoring everything else. Thal'Dranath was an idea, that's it, they eventually choose to do something else instead. It was not scrapped it was replaced by something else so get over it, its how development works. I'm sure there are moments in your life when you decided to do something then realise you had a better idea and did that instead.

Faralohn however was scrapped in order to release Legion faster which utterly failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things. Random people claiming false stuff to boost their random game bashing. :/
    tanaan was planned for release. its not a lie. it was suppose to be the level 100 zone.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

they make enough god damn money to have both but this is blizzard. its one or the other.
    I bet you went on a rampage when they cancelled Titan. A project we knew literally nothing about and may have eventually became overwatch.

Wow, you're horribly entitled. If THIS makes you mad, you should probably stop going on the internet.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Oh hey, another person who knows nothing about Game Development.
    and you are an expert right?
    they could have easily added both in different patches to keep people playing longer but fuck no. we cant have nice things.

Does anyone know if there's an ignore button on the forums? Need that right about now.

tanaan was planned for release. its not a lie. it was suppose to be the level 100 zone.
    No, it wasn't. They said it was a max level zone. They described it, like I said. They never said it was coming at launch.

But because they never said it was or wasn't until it was brought up in a badly communicated tweet, people assumed it was cut.

Which it never was.

Just like how Blood Elves were cut from the model update at launch when they and Draenei weren't even supposed to be in at launch, right?

Just like how Class Accessories were cut from WoD when they were only posted as a concept the team was considering for an expansion after WoD, right?

I'm beginning to think people like this have selective memory.

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    Blizzard is a multimillionaire company with enough resources to deliver Tal'dranath and the "isle" it was scrapped for. They continue being stingy and committing the same mistake again and again. There will always be fanboys defending them despite being affected by their actions. It's like a person who defends his/her abusive partner.
    I keep seeing people preach they have apparently "enough resources (see endless for some people)" just because they are multimillionaires. Time is not on their side which is the biggest factor here. With the content drought in WoD I'm sure cutting corners is a logical step to get this out and cover their losses. One zone is not the end of the world. If they TRULY learned their lesson from WoD good on them, I cannot wait to see what they do with this knowledge.

I also love that your defense against some people pointing out the obvious, you call them simply Fanboys. Because that is how it works. Perhaps you should try creating and MMO, and balance time, with things like money, and player retention and see if you can hit that sweet mark of "Enough content to keep players happy, while not spending too much, and wasting too much time." Because I doubt you could do any better than any other MMO company out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    I bet you went on a rampage when they cancelled Titan. A project we knew literally nothing about and may have eventually became overwatch.
    nope. besides overwatch is what is left of titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Does anyone know if there's an ignore button on the forums? Need that right about now.
    There is, but it's pretty ineffective.

and you are an expert right?
    they could have easily added both in different patches to keep people playing longer but fuck no. we cant have nice things.
    I study it. I'm involved in it. And I can tell you right now that the income a company makes only has a certain amount of leverage in the resources a Development Team is allotted.

Not to mention WoW isn't Blizzard's only game, and by no means should their whole Game Development budget go towards it.

So yeah, I do know more than you.

Given how the story is going in Legion on beta so far, I'd almost be willing to bet its replacement will be something like this.

Either hijacking one of those Legion star destroyers, or using The Fel Hammer (the ship Demon Hunters already basically hijacked) and invading a newly discovered Legion world, and establishing a stronghold there. Slowly advancing forward on the world, taking over more areas on this world (similar to Isle of Thunder takeover). Hell, maybe even one of those previously noted "new dungeons" from patch content, being on this world, in addition to new world quests there. Would totally make sense and I bet it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Something similar to this. New legion world would be far better than Thal'dranath, which was more NE ruins.
    Just in case anyone TL;DR'd their way through the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Wow, you're horribly entitled. If THIS makes you mad, you should probably stop going on the internet.
    how about you stop sucking blizzards dick.

I'm beginning to think people like the one you quoted do it out of getting a sense of pride/ego boost for "denouncing the big company and being the little man who won".

Like.. lol.
    I gave up seeing reason behind posts like that a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    If you want to be taken somewhat seriously around her,e the two arguments "Blizzard has enough money" and "Fanboys will always defend them" won't get you far discussion wise.
    I stopped being taken seriously a long time ago. Every time I post anything I get a bunch of people insulting me and/or defending Blizzard. I admit I'm quite negative sometimes, but I speak the truth (or what I think is true).

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    They better stop announcing anything.
    I totally agree.
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

You gotta click their portrait, go in and click Add to Ignore List.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I study it. I'm involved in it. And I can tell you right now that the income a company makes only has a certain amount of leverage in the resources a Development Team is allotted.

Not to mention WoW isn't Blizzard's only game, and by no means should their whole Game Development budget go towards it.

So yeah, I do know more than you.
    keep people sub longer=more money.
    but hey WoW is no longer the cash cow. so they can half ass stuff now.

They don't have infinite resources for development. There is such a thing as resource management in development, and they can't just draw out the expansion to 30 patches for every idea they ever conceive of. I don't work in game development, but I DO work in software development, and no matter how big a company is it has to manage the resources it has.

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    I stopped being taken seriously a long time ago. Every time I post anything I get a bunch of people insulting me and/or defending Blizzard. I admit I'm quite negative sometimes, but I speak the truth (or what I think is true).

I totally agree.
    Yeah well, can't speak for the past but your current post didn't leave much room for positivity. No offense.