Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandamists View Post
    Im also on an HDD
    No SSD? And issues loading player models?
    Seems like a partial cause at least.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    No SSD? And issues loading player models?
    Seems like a partial cause at least.
    No no all the players models load I just lag. And everyone says an ssd won't help fps but maybe it can maybe I can help the stuttering that I experience I'm going to buy an SSD within the next week or so and hopefully that gets some improvements however it does seem odd that I'm still experiencing frames this low however since all my other games that aren't MMOs run pretty darn good I think it's just the way a lot of MMOs are coded Maybe but I could be completely wrong which is pretty much why I came to the forms in the first place haha

Looks like a typical frame rate dip in a raid situation to me, there is not much you can do, blame it on the engine, it's so old it just doesn't scale with current hardware as you might expect.

Regarding SSD/HDD: It helps decrease loading times but not having one is usually not the culprit for low performance because all data comes from the RAM, only if your memory runs full (which should never happen with 16gb) it will impact performance.

Does sound like a wild exaggeration
    its EVGAFAVOR, he's a well-known liar and troll. Ignore him.

Deleted
    Orly?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Orly?

You think an oc would help?

Deleted
    As you can see the Engine only really uses 2 Threads. One at 76% one at 40% and the other 6 Threads are on very low load, so you definitely want a high Clockspeed. If 4200 or 4700MHz makes a huge difference, I don't know.

But you should not forget that its hugely depening on how much stuff is going on. If there were more people online right now, I would get probably way under 100FPS. But unless a crazy amount of people is online, 60FPS+ should definitely be doable all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Regarding SSD/HDD: It helps decrease loading times but not having one is usually not the culprit for low performance because all data comes from the RAM, only if your memory runs full (which should never happen with 16gb) it will impact performance.
    Oh, that begs the question. Does the OP use 64bit version of windows?

WoW is a horribly coded game for today's standards. No doubt 99,99% of systems have a hard time spitting good FPS. It surely has a lot of particles moving around, but for today's standards they should be easily eatable if correctly coded. WoW is capped both by its really old engine and by a lazy team which is worsened by the fact that they now have orders to milk WoW, not improve/keep/recover the quality the game once had.

I just logged into the pre legion PTR, and I have the same issues with my GTX970. Card usage is about 20-30% and FPS dropping to 20-30 from 60 all the time I move around even with just a few people rendered on the screen. Have shadows off, filtering to 4x, hbao off. It seems the problem is those cards are "too good" for WoW, and toggle themselves down because of idling and then the fps drops...

10+ Year Old Account
    at max with no multisampling, my i7-3770k 3.5GHZ and gtx 960 SSC could only get like 40 on full max

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As you can see the Engine only really uses 2 Threads. One at 76% one at 40% and the other 6 Threads are on very low load, so you definitely want a high Clockspeed. If 4200 or 4700MHz makes a huge difference, I don't know.

But you should not forget that its hugely depening on how much stuff is going on. If there were more people online right now, I would get probably way under 100FPS. But unless a crazy amount of people is online, 60FPS+ should definitely be doable all the time.
    I have no idea, I might try for 4.5ghz I assume I'm like ashran you might dip below 60 or are you always that high? Thanks for any input by the way everyone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Oh, that begs the question. Does the OP use 64bit version of windows?
    64bit win10

From your video you are getting 100-200 fps when running around in the world and getting 36-80 fps when in a 40man+ pvp AOE clusterfest.

This is normal, I repeat, this is normal.

If you haven't already, turn off your combat log. Right click the combat log, go to settings, deselect everything under sources and types. It will make a small difference and if you need combat logs use something like warcraftlogs.com

* As for an SSD drive making a difference on fps, it wont. It will help with your load times. Everything loads faster, the game, booting windows, etc. SSD drives are so cheap now there is no reason to have a gaming machine without one, I would go so far as to argue you do not have a gaming machine without an SSD drive.
    Last edited by siren; 2016-06-17 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Added SSD opinion

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Also your zoomed in my problem is with the trees by the auction house, not saying your a liar it just doesnt happen zoomed in

Orly?

rofl
    That's one hell of a cherry-picking situation. And you're not even above 120. Zoom out. Have some players on the screen.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-06-17 at 12:16 PM.

Hey guys, so basically I've been having issues in games with a lot of people on screen (What ive deduced it to). For example, Far Cry 4 runs great, 100% gpu usage sexy consistent high frames. Same goes for like, Overwatch for example. But when it comes to games like Black Desert (Main Cities) WoW (Ashran etc) or like Planetside 2 in heavy battles, my gpu usage seems to drop (along with my frames) and only a few cores (1 or 2 maybe) hitting roughly 70% usage. Is there something wrong? My rig should be more than enough to handle these games. There is no overheating going on. Are these games just badly optimized and would a small oc to 4.6ghz help? Im also on an HDD, on wow load screens I drop to like 2 fps and cant move around my mouse cursor but as soon as I get in game im fine (which only occurs with wow). I spent a lot of money on building this rig and I feel like something is wrong. Here is a video example for WoW: https://youtu.be/Ksbe0mDm3VM , I'll record another one for Planetside 2 or something later. Please do let me know if there is anymore information I could provide that is needed. This has been a headache to troubleshoot and to no avail thus far. Anyways, sorry for the legnthy post, thanks for any help!

My rig:
    I7 6700k @ 4.2ghz
    Noctua NHd15
    MSI 6gb 980 ti @ stock
    16gb ddr4 @ 2380mhz running in single channel mode though.

Heres a thread:http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/....html#18132197 about whether it could be from running my ram in single channel mode but people said they doubted it? Claiming ping could cause the lag but its fps drops not input lag
    And another threadhttp://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3054952/low-fps-low-gpu-usage-low-cpu-usage-good-rig.html : in which I was told it's just mmos? I'm running on maximum performance mode too doesn't seem to help the issue

Another thing is that I lag like crazy in the legion beta, i know it's probably just unoptimizied but an mvp poster on the actual forum claimed it's not a big difference from live. Usually I never dip below 60 even in nagrand or tanaan but warspear even when void of players and ashran as seen in the video lag.

Sorry for the super lengthy post just trying to not miss anything! Thanks for any help or input c:

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing to point out I have stress tested the gpu and the cpu and they both seem perfectly fine so it is limited to mmos, overwatch has beautiful usage across all cores while only core 8 of my cpu hits 80 to 85% usage, and it often doesn't stay there and drops. I have my cpu set to minimum of 100% so it wont underclock but it doesn't seem to fix it.
    It's just the game, I have a I7 4790k @4.0ghz and a 980ti and when I was playing on 1080p with ssax4 I had the same issue. Garrison is fine I was sitting at 60 fps in it but in crowded stormshield areas I was lagging. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it, it sucks because you expect a lot from this kind of rig but it's just the game.

I bought a 3440x1440 monitor now and I dropped anti aliasing to an msaax4 and I'm running more or less the same fps as before but garrison is dropping me down to 50 most of the time when I'm in the middle of it.

On alpha/beta I was fine most of the time but when I was in val sharah near the emerald nightmare the red textures were killing my fps and I noticed they retextured the zone since then and it's better, Suramar city is killing fps aswell, Dala when crowded and
    Azsuna. I noticed a great increase in fps if I dropped max view distance in azsuna and suramar. If I put it on 10 I get 30 fps and if I put it on 4 I get 70-90 fps. I will wait the game to be live to see how it is optimized.

For reference I get over 60 fps in witcher 3 costantly with high settings and hairworks off and over 80 always in farcry 4.

not sure if this has been mentioned , and maybe i dont understand why it works better, but i have the same GPU and I have found wow runs best in borderless windowed mode...maybe someone can tell me why.

Orly?

Try running around or doing something actually demanding. A screenshot of standing there zoomed in proves nothing at all.

Basically, if you are repeatedly and reliably hitting frame rates where it is unplayable or it's a slide show then you have an issue.

If it's just going down to 30-50 fps in areas with a lot of players or in a raid environment where everyone is popping EVERYTHING. Then that's hitting the limitations of the engine and of MMOs. A faster/lower latency MIGHT help with the latter, but with lots of people in the same area that's a lot of information that needs to be communicated among a lot of computers and that does cause lag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    not sure if this has been mentioned , and maybe i dont understand why it works better, but i have the same GPU and I have found wow runs best in borderless windowed mode...maybe someone can tell me why.
    It shouldn't run better but you should run it this way so you can alt-tab faster