Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Otherwise Sargerai wouldn't exist.
    Sargerai only exist in the alternative-timeline (wOD) where Draenor is still in the past and intact. Several lore pieces state that things there work a bit different from the main universe.

So, no, not in the main universe/timeline.

Edit: But you raise an interesting point:

I think that, IF (a big if) an Eredar would betray the Legion, maybe (maybe) they could be elligible for Demon Hunter training. Maybe after that, the Draenei Eredar would accept them in the Exodar.

Maybe.
    Last edited by Connll; 2016-06-16 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Sargerai only exist in the alternative-timeline (wOD) where Draenor is still in the past and intact. Several lore pieces state that things there work a bit different from the main universe.
    The Sargerei were merely a larger player on AU Draenor, but Socrethar was the same Draenei-turned-Eredar.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would pay to see Tauren be a potential Race choice for the Demon Hunter class. Who wouldn't play a Ripped cow that can metamorphosis into a huge Fel Infused Version of their self?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    The only race i would want to see as a Demon Hunter is Goblin. Goblin for life!

Gnomes and goblins. Gnomes are by far the smartest race (lore), they should be able to learn anything other races can learn. Goblins are masters of copy-pasting and monetizing gnomish inventions, they should be able to copy full DH skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    The Sargerei were merely a larger player on AU Draenor, but Socrethar was the same Draenei-turned-Eredar.
    You mean Outland Socrethar (first character appearance)?

In THAT scenario, he is found practicing NECROMANCY. Not fel magic.

Necromancy is not THAT different from the magic the Draenei soul priests/soul speakers use. (my personal perception is that it is essentially the same type of magic, but used for more benevolent purposes: helping guiding the soul to its final rest, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    honestly, I'm fine with them keeping it strictly elves.
    See I don't like that. I have one of each class, and at least one of each race (alliance). I really don't want another elf. Unless they allow DH Bloodelves to be alliance I would be ok w/that.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

You mean Outland Socrethar (first character appearance)?

In THAT scenario, he is found practicing NECROMANCY. Not fel magic.
    Outland Socrethar used fel/demonic abilities, or what do you mean?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm alright with Draenei & Orc Demon Hunters.

But I still believe Draenei should be able to be Warlocks too.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I would pay to see Tauren be a potential Race choice for the Demon Hunter class. Who wouldn't play a Ripped cow that can metamorphosis into a huge Fel Infused Version of their self?
    I'm with you on that one!

Something that always bugs me when talking about race/class combos; OoOOoo Tauren CAN'T be that because they are nomads and despise evil!

Yet we have Tauren in the Twilight cult, Dark Shamans and followers of Magatha (which also links to Twilight but eh), I would love to see a giant tauren, the glow of his tattoos shining through his fur, with large twisted horns and spikes/scales coming out of their body while wielding glaives....so....yeah please ^_^

So, no, not in the main universe/timeline.
    Yes, draenei biology is radically different in Warlords of Draenor now.

- - - Updated - - -

and, you know, this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see Fel Orc Demon Hunters.

I'd be happier if new classes going forward were racial specific classes. Or classes that elves cannot be but most everyone else can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    its a dev interview, if you go back on the pages of MMo-champion you will find

nor rly, humans are priests and paladins, and orcs only shaman, there are no big equality here, only of course if orcs become druids too ( who is not that hard)
    Orcs Druids will definitely happen if they open race class combos again. But there really isn't much else at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes, draenei biology is radically different in Warlords of Draenor now.
    Blame the creators of that shitstorm of a expansion. Not MY fault they forget to check their own lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Outland Socrethar used fel/demonic abilities, or what do you mean?
    Look at his ability list:

Exhaustion: Socrethar will occasionally take 3-times normal damage. He stoops visibly during this period.
    Melee: Hits for 1k on a well geared tank. 900-1600 non-crit on cloth (when the Presence is used).
    Fear: A single target is feared for up to 8 seconds.
    Backlash: An extra physical attack (same damage), plus knockback.
    Shadow bolt Volley: 1800-2300 Shadow damage to all party members.
    Anti-Magic Shield: Unlike the typical magical immunity Anti-Magic Shield is known for, it actually reflects all spells.
    Fireball Barrage: Strikes random party members ~6 times for 200 damage.
    Nether Protection: A magical self-buff (dispellable). Increases his resistance to both Shadow and Arcane by 100.

What there is Fel-related?

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    The only races I see possible becoming demon hunters except for elves are orcs, humans and draenei as you pretty much have stated yourself.

Surely, anyone can hate demons and hunt demons, but no other races are as affected as these listed. Orcs because of their past, humans because of the orcs because of what the demons did, draenei is obvious.

Other races becomes more of a dragged out thing.
    humans in the illidari?

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I think it's realistic that after Legion the Illidari will start teaching other races.
    If that's the case, then Blizzard would have to change the starting zone. The starting zone consists of a war featuring the Illidari, which the Humans, Draenei, and non-Fel Orcs (aside from Zuluhed) were not a part of. In order for it to make sense to allow other races to be Demon Hunters, their starting zone would have to start elsewhere in some other point of time in lore.

Look at his ability list:

Exhaustion: Socrethar will occasionally take 3-times normal damage. He stoops visibly during this period.
    Melee: Hits for 1k on a well geared tank. 900-1600 non-crit on cloth (when the Presence is used).
    Fear: A single target is feared for up to 8 seconds.
    Backlash: An extra physical attack (same damage), plus knockback.
    Shadow bolt Volley: 1800-2300 Shadow damage to all party members.
    Anti-Magic Shield: Unlike the typical magical immunity Anti-Magic Shield is known for, it actually reflects all spells.
    Fireball Barrage: Strikes random party members ~6 times for 200 damage.
    Nether Protection: A magical self-buff (dispellable). Increases his resistance to both Shadow and Arcane by 100.

What there is Fel-related?
    Maybe ill-chosen word, but Fear, Shadow Bolt and Nether Protection are Warlock abilities.

Maybe ill-chosen word, but Fear, Shadow Bolt and Nether Protection are Warlock abilities.
    True, but that abilities´s particular source of power is also what power Shadow priests abilities. They also have show-based attacks, fear based attacks and so on.
    Last edited by Connll; 2016-06-20 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    Elves as DH are more than enough.

Deleted
    orcs as dh would be great!