Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    True Overpower is still gone from the game. (probably having tea somewhere with Heroic Strike)
    Shit bro, trigger warning. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Shit bro, trigger warning. Damn.

There are no trigger warnings in life! Also, sorry 'bout it.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Keep in mind, this isn't really Overpower. It's Sudden Death with it's own spell instead of relying on Execute. True Overpower is still gone from the game. (probably having tea somewhere with Heroic Strike)
    Hits hard, crits quite often, procs every once in a while. Overpower enough for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Hits hard, crits quite often, procs every once in a while. Overpower enough for me
    and cannot be dodged or parried

some people just never satisfied

Deleted
    Execute on PTR w/ Deadly Calm talent still costs additional rage and subtracts it from the pool.
    Has anyone checked and/or reported it on Beta?

So, how do I stay alive as Arms in skirmishes on PTR? Dead in 9-32 seconds in 6 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    So, how do I stay alive as Arms in skirmishes on PTR? Dead in 9-32 seconds in 6 runs.
    You don't, unless you have a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    and cannot be dodged or parried

some people just never satisfied
    Well, to me, the quintessential aspect of Overpower was activation due to a dodge. That is what I want from Overpower - because few things were more beautiful than watching a Rogue pop Evasion and then destroying him so hard he respawned with a headache. Yes, it still has some aspects of Overpower, but it's a random proc on auto-attack that really is more Sudden Death than traditional Overpower. Don't get me wrong, it's cool and I actually like procs in a rotation such as Sudden Death, so as long as it's competitive I would probably be drawn to Overpower in Legion, but lets call it what it is: Sudden Power. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion arms animations suck. Especially for Orc Female.

Rend and Slam look like the auto attack with trails and Mortal Strike got own zoned. Seriously, the current live orc female 2h animations are miles better. The trails/effects are nice in Legion tho.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Legion arms animations suck. Especially for Orc Female.

Rend and Slam look like the auto attack with trails and Mortal Strike got own zoned. Seriously, the current live orc female 2h animations are miles better. The trails/effects are nice in Legion tho.
    humans ftw :P

idk why people dislike the new arms when u compare it to wod. spent a couple of hours on the ptr and i cant wait for this to hit live. arms is enjoyable again (for me at least). will it be viable/competitive/effective in mythic raiding ? i have no idea. does it feel better to play than wod ? is sure does without a single doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    idk why people dislike the new arms when u compare it to wod. spent a couple of hours on the ptr and i cant wait for this to hit live. arms is enjoyable again (for me at least). will it be viable/competitive/effective in mythic raiding ? i have no idea. does it feel better to play than wod ? is sure does without a single doubt.
    Simply being better than WoD arms is about the lowest bar you could possibly set. There are still issues with the spec to keep it from functioning well and being fun, that's what we're trying to address. Not just being better than WoD, because WoD arms was complete and total shit.

Kind of echoing what Artunias said a few pages back, with T18 bonuses and Arch trinket Arms is solid fun. Nothing complex, but Proc City is a nice place to visit. If people are testing character copies with 2p T18 and Arch trinket, I'd recommend losing those bonuses so you get a much more realistic feel of how Arms will play in Legion (albeit slightly better once you acquire Exploit the Weakness).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I'm actually really enjoying Arms currently. My Warrior's gear is absolute shit and I don't have any of the tier pieces or Archimonde trinket but I'm having fun as it is right now. I'm really liking the way Overpower works, too. I think the spec is actually the funnest it's been since Cataclysm (and I have to say the same about Fury as well). My only main gripe really is that I seem to be rage starved, I don't know if I'm just playing the spec incorrectly but I tend to often be low on rage when beating on a dummy.

As a side note, how will the Arms set bonus work now that Rend is a talent? Will it change depending on whether you have it talented or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I don't know, I'm actually really enjoying Arms currently. My Warrior's gear is absolute shit and I don't have any of the tier pieces or Archimonde trinket but I'm having fun as it is right now. I'm really liking the way Overpower works, too. I think the spec is actually the funnest it's been since Cataclysm (and I have to say the same about Fury as well). My only main gripe really is that I seem to be rage starved, I don't know if I'm just playing the spec incorrectly but I tend to often be low on rage when beating on a dummy.

As a side note, how will the Arms set bonus work now that Rend is a talent? Will it change depending on whether you have it talented or not?
    T18 set bonuses are now 2p = Slam has a 30% chance to reset MS, 4p = Slam costs 5 less rage.

Rotational complaints are centered around rng with CS procs and the execute rotation. You don't get execute phase on the dummy and the rng might not have been too bad depending on how long you hit the dummy. But those would be the two things to consider when thinking about people being upset

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Simply being better than WoD arms is about the lowest bar you could possibly set. There are still issues with the spec to keep it from functioning well and being fun, that's what we're trying to address. Not just being better than WoD, because WoD arms was complete and total shit.
    i get what you are saying. the better we can make arms the greater it will be. but u cant deny that it is a huge improvement over the last xpac. i felt like i had to post how great arms felt because judging from what i read in this topic it seemed like arms was pretty boring and bad

Any words on the horrible performance at lvl100/PTR? Feels like baseline damage is way too low since they nerfed mastery scaling.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2016-06-16 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Any words on the horrible performance at lvl100/PTR? Feels like baseline damage is way too low since they nerfed mastery scaling.
    This is a two fold problem.

1) How much power is tied to the Artifact
    2) Arms is pretty bad on single target especially, and needs some love

They also nerfed Class-trinket + Unending Hunger. 35% proc chance on ilvl745 and 1100 crit -> 786 crit for ilvl735. But gems have gone through the roof. 75 -> 200 rating.