Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    They also nerfed Class-trinket + Unending Hunger. 35% proc chance on ilvl745 and 1100 crit -> 786 crit for ilvl735. But gems have gone through the roof. 75 -> 200 rating.
    Every single trinket in HFC got nerfed to a similar degree though, and yeah gems are stupid powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Any words on the horrible performance at lvl100/PTR? Feels like baseline damage is way too low since they nerfed mastery scaling.
    Tried other classes? All are pretty low, its 680 gear.

Looks like a ~30% nerf. Any idea on the multistrike replacement rule? PTR/Beta is currently down. multi -> 1. crit, 2. mastery, 3. haste if prior ratings are allready on it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    copied my main to the PTR. ilvl is the same (742) for those damage comparisons.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2016-06-17 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I tried ret and arms. Ret hits much harder, got a 165K crit in judgment window. Arms gets like 120k MS crits in CS window. Feel kinda bad since I like warr more.

Some of the premades on the PTR just get much better value out of the items than the Warrior, with the measly 4% haste. Tried all the classes and I'm still enjoying the warrior the most. Might be du lag, but I almost never ran out of Rage as Arms, maybe once every 20-30 gcd's i had nothing to press for a second or two, and i picked up both rend and overpower. The rotation feels really fluid and the new tactician actually makes pressing your things rewarding. Of all the other classes, only the shaman (both ele and enh) and the monk had such good rotations.

So based on the PTR I'm liking Arms more than I'm liking Fury. Feels more straightforward with what I should be pushing and less prone to traps. I've been trying to play where I'll prioritize MS > Overpower > Slam to sit around 30 rage should CS proc. Seems to work okay, but obviously that's completely dependent on RNG. AE feels great - Cleave into WW x2. I'm sure this will feel even better once we get some Traits from the Artifact like Void Cleave, etc.

My main issue is single target is obviously super RNG dependent and even when it clicks it doesn't seem to be putting up numbers. Fury on the other hand seems to just wreck all the time. And then both of them compared to Enhancement feel lackluster on the meters in the dungeons I've been running.

Honestly, I'm fine with the RNG. Sure there are times when you can go a full CS cooldown without a reset, but the artifact addresses that with a trait that makes tactician count as if you'd spent more rage. That alone will probably end up being the most boosted trait for arms.

Quote Originally Posted by PursueTheChase View Post
    Honestly, I'm fine with the RNG. Sure there are times when you can go a full CS cooldown without a reset, but the artifact addresses that with a trait that makes tactician count as if you'd spent more rage. That alone will probably end up being the most boosted trait for arms.
    Yeah from the looks of the Artifact and my meager theorycrafting experience, it looks like Arms is much more dependent on the Artifact than Fury is. Just ran through Everbloom twice, once as Fury and once as Arms and my toon at 704 (mostly PvP gear) blew Arms out of the water as Fury. I think I did more damage as Fury by the end of Protectors than I did the entire dungeon as Arms.

I'll mostly be focusing on Mythic+ come Legion, so I'll need to basically pick whichever spec is going to be best balanced for both trash and bosses. Right now it looks like Fury is filling that role better than almost any other DPS I've tried. Maybe enhancement, but I think Fury might edge it out on bosses with Reck Execute.
    Last edited by Kainslife; 2016-06-17 at 03:13 AM.

Well its not just that, the game isnt balanced at 100 anymore, you can 2 shot and 3 shot people in bgs right now (In the PTR)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Well its not just that, the game isnt balanced at 100 anymore, you can 2 shot and 3 shot people in bgs right now (In the PTR)
    Yeah that's also a good point. I guess I'd have to go find some numbers from 110 to see how Fury vs. Arms is stacking up in dungeons.

I guess if I like Arms more mechanically right now I should basically plan to focus on that come Legion. With my Fury artifact supposedly being easily maintained at 80% of my main Artifact I think switching a month or two post launch wouldn't be the end of the world in terms of catching up.

Honestly, after trying out every dps spec in the ptr, I enjoy arms the most, mechanically speaking. Melee classes overall feel better than ranged this time around, probably with the exception of ret pallys and sub/assa rogues. On the other hand the only range classes that i found fun were shadow priest and arcane mage. ARCANE MAGE is more fun than other casters. its a very strange feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    humans ftw :P
    All races use the exact same animations now, whereas before they all each had unique animations.

Crappy Mortal Strike on Orc Female still looks crappy on Human Male for instance.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    @Archimtiros

The idea you described regarding further QoL of FR must happen indeed. That is if FR costs 0 rage but increases next MS cost by X%.

colossus smash + mortal strike hits for much less than judgment + templars verdict. Tested on PTR with 680 ilvl gear on both.

I don't like it that they went for a spammy playstyle for arms and hardhitter for retri. Not talking about dps, but big numbers

Hello, first time poster here. I was testing the Fervor of Battle talent (whirlwind does 40% more dmg to the primary target) and was wondering if you replace slam with whirlwind because the damage per rage is higher for whirlwind with that talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Murmandas View Post
    Hello, first time poster here.
    Don't lie, it's your 2nd post. Filthy liar

Yeah okay, didn't count the first one as that was only a screenshot for the beta key giveaway

Deleted
    Last I looked at the numbers you could replace Slam with WW for singletarget with Fervor, even if you have the +15% Slam trait and not the +15% WW one. They're almost exactly equal in terms of rage efficiency at that point and WW pulls ahead once you get WotFK and +15% WW. WW also has greater range and dumps rage faster during CS.

Opportunity Strikes might favor Slam slightly assuming both only have one chance to proc WW, but once you get +15% WW it shouldn't matter and I think you'll be using Ravager in most situations that merit using Fervor.

Deleted
    Man, I love Arms on PTR. U can take Overpowered and be at almost full rage all the time pre 20%, Tier 18 bonus helps u with that even further. Tactician passive + worldbreakers gives you tones of CS reset, and I have 91% mastery so my CS hits like a truck. U can take Dauntless + Focused Rage and forget about Execute. 3 stacks of FR hit harder than 40 rage execute for around 10-20%. I bet Arms in final tier of Legion will be beast

Quote Originally Posted by Goxicity View Post
    Man, I love Arms on PTR. U can take Overpowered and be at almost full rage all the time pre 20%, Tier 18 bonus helps u with that even further. Tactician passive + worldbreakers gives you tones of CS reset, and I have 91% mastery so my CS hits like a truck. U can take Dauntless + Focused Rage and forget about Execute. 3 stacks of FR hit harder than 40 rage execute for around 10-20%. I bet Arms in final tier of Legion will be beast
    Your baseline damage is crap and you waste 20+45 rage to outdamage execute when dmg tuning isn't even finalized.