Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why a civil war? Voting is more effective. Should have voted for Bernie. Now we're screwed between Trump and Hillary. Now I depressed myself. Hey some woman, feel free to run for president and support Bernie's policies, to make America great... in the future.

People who want a civil war have no idea what they are in store for.

- hygiene and shitting in holes in the ground
    - fat and skinny people alike having to actually hunt down food and water
    - sleeping without a/c or no heat, often times, without shelter
    - Oh you got a small boo boo cut? Hope you treat that shit right or enjoy your infection
    - Oh you liked your neighbors? Enjoy dealing with them turning into animals once their one week supply of water/food they "prepped" and stored runs out

People in major cities would have it the worst. You think riots over a dead person shot by police is nasty? haha...

PS: I guess you can still play angry birds on your iPad if you have a solar charger, but kiss Warcraft good bye.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-06-16 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    It is going to make me sound really bad, but I really want to another civil war to breakout. I absolutely hate the system that is in place in America at the moment. Corporations and the wealthy squash and oppress everyone else beneath them, and they have government on their side to make sure it stays that way. As politics become more and more corrupted the only way real change is ever going to happen is through violent revolt of the masses. Honestly, I want a little bit of revenge on the wealthy and corporations for forcing me to exist on slave wages.
    Capitalism isn't in every country and you have it much better than third world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Are you willing to murder your fellow citizens to get what you want? Are you willing to be slaughtered pursuing that cause?

No?

Then there's no civil war about to break out. That's how bad things have got to get. Unless you're willing to ignore the law and shoot some corporate leaders in the face yourself, leading to fighting the police, resulting in months of sustained combat to get your "way", you don't actually want that. You're just complaining that life would be easier if people you disagreed with were killed on your behalf, without getting your own hands dirty in the process.

That's not a desire for "civil war". That's a desire to be the one in power who's abusing that authority to stamp out opposing voices.

I'll also note that actually doing that makes you the kind of person this Omar Mateen guy was. Congrats on supporting murderous terrorism, I guess.
    It pains me to say this, it really dose, but I might actually have to agree with Endus. Eewwwwww, I feel all funny.

If Trump has his way with the US economy and trade we'll get to enjoy the economy crashing and the subsequent violent revolution.

It is going to make me sound really bad, but I really want to another civil war to breakout. I absolutely hate the system that is in place in America at the moment. Corporations and the wealthy squash and oppress everyone else beneath them, and they have government on their side to make sure it stays that way. As politics become more and more corrupted the only way real change is ever going to happen is through violent revolt of the masses. Honestly, I want a little bit of revenge on the wealthy and corporations for forcing me to exist on slave wages.
    I'm really curious what you think would be the outcome of such a civil war, i.e. what system would arise, and why you think that's the side that would win it.

Only states in the US who have a grudge are the deep South states like Mississippi, Arkansas, etc. They don't like things like abortion and gay marriage being forced on them.

But I doubt that's a big enough reason to go to war over.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    TIL people in the US are oppressed...

Corporations get away with a lot of crap but "oppression" in the US is ridiculously relative. Do you really understand what it takes for a country to go to civil war? Hell, the only reason why we had a first on was due to how isolated parts of the country were, the average citizen really didn't have much of a say either way. The kind of political environment no longer exists, you'd be hard pressed to find a state full of people who want to leave the Union.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, the USA was a lot more fragmented during that era, the era of the great depression. Let say out of the 1/10000 chance of another great depression within the near future, the biggest problem would be the global economy. The US would have to cut down on excess but no civil war.
    I definitely don't agree, there's more racial, religious, social, and economic fragmentation/variation and a greater magnifying power in the internet and other forms of mass communication than there were then. There's simultaneously less sense of familial/structural duty and more sense of rampant individualism which is where social unrest, riots and other acts that eventually help motivate people to think along familial and tribal lines comes from and it's then that you get mass unrest, especially in a resource scarce environment.

As I said, lots of factors involved but the chips could fall that way and all it'd take is a somewhat prolonged change in peoples' comfort zones to get those flareups that lead to bigger fires started.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, do you know what a civil war is like? You "really want" it? Before you say that, I recommend that you take a quick travel to a zone with civil war ongoing; or, at least, in the civil war aftermath (Syria, Lybia, DR Kongo would do). I bet you will reconsider after that.

And no, of course there won't be a civil war in the US. For a civil war, there should be a strong conflict between two or more power groups, which cannot be resolved through talks. There aren't such groups in the US; the system is pretty monolithic.

Congrats on supporting oligarchy dictatorship. Which is what we have in the system now.
    And again, you don't seem to truly know what dictatorship is. Go to a country from bottom 50 in the freedom index - THAT is dictatorship. The US is more like a slightly broken democracy, but it is by no means a dictatorship.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    It pains me to say this, it really dose, but I might actually have to agree with Endus. Eewwwwww, I feel all funny.
    In the end, most of our economic policy disagreements come down to details about tax rates and how large the social safety net should be. When a person comes in and states that they want to burn the system down, it is going to unite an awful lot of us against him.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how so many people are against the possibility of a violent uprising. Corporations and the rich have a strangle hold on the American political system. As long as politicians keep getting money from those sources, then there will be no change. Wages will not rise, immigration issues will not be solved because corporations like cheap labor, and work will keep being outsourced to other countries. Instead of standing up, violently if necessary, and demanding change in our political system we just let it slip by? I just cannot accept that sentiment, and I don't think my sentiment of needed revolution makes me a horrible person, especially considering the corruption of our system currently. More people should look up the gini coefficient for the United States because it has been increasing over the years. The gini coefficient indicates how unequal a society is and third world countries have the highest gini coefficient. So do we simply sit by and let the United States fade into third world country status because people are afraid of some violence that comes with revolutionary change?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    In the end, most of our economic policy disagreements come down to details about tax rates and how large the social safety net should be. When a person comes in and states that they want to burn the system down, it is going to unite an awful lot of us against him.
    There is no other way to change the current corruption of the system without burning it down. Politicians are in the pockets of those with money and the general public really has nothing to offer politicians so they are going to stay in the pockets of the wealthy. We are beyond the point of democratic change. Only a violent revolution against those in power will change things now.

Deleted
    if that laughably unlikely scenario ever happens people like you will be the first to die OP

10+ Year Old Account
    You a sick man for wanting that...why would you want this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how so many people are against the possibility of a violent uprising. Corporations and the rich have a strangle hold on the American political system. As long as politicians keep getting money from those sources, then there will be no change. Wages will not rise, immigration issues will not be solved because corporations like cheap labor, and work will keep being outsourced to other countries. Instead of standing up, violently if necessary, and demanding change in our political system we just let it slip by? I just cannot accept that sentiment, and I don't think my sentiment of needed revolution makes me a horrible person, especially considering the corruption of our system currently. More people should look up the gini coefficient for the United States because it has been increasing over the years. The gini coefficient indicates how unequal a society is and third world countries have the highest gini coefficient. So do we simply sit by and let the United States fade into third world country status because people are afraid of some violence that comes with revolutionary change?
    Because an economic superpower like the USA is about as far from "third world status" as you can possibly get, and everything you've stated here is nothing more than blatant fearmongering.

Yes, wealth inequality is an issue that should be addressed. No, it's not going to lead to civil war.

There is no other way to change the current corruption of the system without burning it down.
    Just vote differently.

It's that simple. Acting like this is some impossible task is beyond ridiculous. Americans have exactly the government they keep collectively asking for.

But no, rather than actually trying to make any change at the ballot box, you want to skip right to murdering innocent people by the hundreds of thousands.

It's one thing to push for change at any cost. But what you're talking about is murdering people because you're too lazy to even try.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-06-17 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys op's post history is kinda disturbing....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skriz View Post
    You're not alone in feeling it from the man. Though, I hope instead of civil war, maybe something like fight club instead.
    Our WANTS are being met NOT our needs. Housing health and food(aa in healthy foods) are all rare now

There is no other way to change the current corruption of the system without burning it down. Politicians are in the pockets of those with money and the general public really has nothing to offer politicians so they are going to stay in the pockets of the wealthy. We are beyond the point of democratic change. Only a violent revolution against those in power will change things now.
    You're delusional if you think that any significant contingent of people would risk death to replace our the current system of government to some sort of bizarre dictatorship of bloodthirsty, envious lunatics.

Your views do not currently, and hopefully will never, have any significant sort of traction among the general population. The reason that people don't agree with you is not that "the man" or "the corporations" are keeping these opinions down. The actual reason is that your views are ludicrous. Most people want to live their lives and try to find happiness. I feel sorry for people like you who seem profoundly obsessed with the fact that some people are doing better than they are.

So you want to go to war against those with more means than the people they would hypothetically go to war with? Makes sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    You a sick man for wanting that...why would you want this?
    God people like you are stupid. Wages have severely stagnated, income inequality is at an all time high, mass immigration is creating too much job competition at the same time jobs are being outsourced, cost of college is insane, extreme tax loop holes for the wealthy, etc. With all this shit effecting America why wouldn't you want a revolution?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    You're delusional if you think that any significant contingent of people would risk death to replace our the current system of government to some sort of bizarre dictatorship of bloodthirsty, envious lunatics.

Your views do not currently, and hopefully will never, have any significant sort of traction among the general population. The reason that people don't agree with you is not that "the man" or "the corporations" are keeping these opinions down. The actual reason is that your views are ludicrous. Most people want to live their lives and try to find happiness. I feel sorry for people like you who seem profoundly obsessed with the fact that some people are doing better than they are.
    Not a dictatorship stupid that is what we have now. I want to restore democracy without massive amounts of money corrupting politics. Those people chasing happiness are never going to find it because the fat rich man or corporation is soaking up all the resources.

God people like you are stupid. Wages have severely stagnated, income inequality is at an all time high, mass immigration is creating too much job competition at the same time jobs are being outsourced, cost of college is insane, extreme tax loop holes for the wealthy, etc. With all this shit effecting America why wouldn't you want a revolution?
    Because I don't want the US to turn into Little Somalia for a few decades.