Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Why should anyone believe that the "cooler" replacement will show up after everything that happened during WoD? I wouldn't be calling bullshit if we had at least gotten a name, as it would show they might actually have a concept in mind. As is, defending it is a show of faith that they don't deserve.
    So what we should do?

Bash it to receive Thal'dranath a piece of land with nothing on it ?

If they had anything concrete and said like "we have Thal'dranath a Legion Theme park and its half ready, get hyped!

We could be pissed, but we had nothing of that to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured the previous discussions of whether Thal'Dranath would show up or not were actually discussions/speculation about the quantity of Legion's patch content. We now have at least some elaboration on the quantity of tiers and patches, so wether Thal'Dranath is there or not doesn't really matter to me as we're told there's gonna be at least one zone added, be it Thal'Dranath or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaver View Post
    wether Thal'Dranath is there or not doesn't really matter to me as we're told there's gonna be at least one zone added, be it Thal'Dranath or something else.
    Thats the thing with me. The never said we are getting a replacement. They just said the other content is cool. That isn't confirmation one way or the other. Its why a simple name is enough to placate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    This is my stance with the exception that putting a name to a blank face is better than a blank face.
    Thats the rub though because if they never put a name on thaldranath we wouldn't be having this discussion right now about cut content. That question would have been "is a post launch zone still coming?" to which they could have replied "yes" and they wouldnt have to deal with all the outrage. So its really in their best interest not to say what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkina View Post
    Yes but people are acting as though they are cutting Thal'dranath and not replacing it with anything else.
    As I said, it was a planned zone, it was being worked on, then they decided to scrap it and create something else. It is cut content, it's not like Thal'dranath evolved into something else, it got deleted.

Blizzcon (around 53:40)
    [/URL]

Let me guess. This video is fake right?
    "I was promised an empty patch of sand, and Dammit, I'm entitled to that." ~Paula Deen

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Thats the rub though because if they never put a name on thaldranath we wouldn't be having this discussion right now about cut content. That question would have been "is a post launch zone still coming?" to which they could have replied "yes" and they wouldnt have to deal with all the outrage. So its really in their best interest not to say what it is.
    Its not in there best interest to have to back to back 14 Month Content Droughts and have a 2 Patch Expansion either but they did that anyway.

My point is sometimes to make people happy you have to say things that could damage you.

10+ Year Old Account
    "He argues against my point of view, what an asshat!"

https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/630488033607876608

You act like my point is that they wasted development time. You also act like my main point is that it got cut. My point is that they didn't announce a replacement. They didn't even give a name, which would still be vague, but it would be better than just saying "w-we have content!"

They literally said the same shit about Farahlon and wanting to add to Ashran instead. It never happened and we just lost content in general.
    You're insufferable because of the way you go about your arguments and points, not because you actually have a differing point of view. You constantly cite Warlords of Draenor in your arguments to prove your points, this would be okay if Blizzard hasn't made it clear that they know they fucked up. In the interview today they said that the one expansion a year plan didn't work out. In an interview a few days ago, they said that they stopped making content in Warlords of Draenor because of that plan and it turns out they couldn't bring out Legion in time. Their plan of having two tiers in the expansion was pretty much stated to have happened because they wanted to push out an expansion a year, which would have worked out if they had actually released Legion within whatever internal time frame they originally wanted it to come out.

The reason why I rant about this is because you have brought up the cancellation of Farahlon in your arguments and the overall fuck up of Warlords of Draenor more than once in your arguments and then go to say that you think that Blizzard will ruin Legion because of their past mistakes. It's okay to have an opinion like that, but trying to make it a fact is stupid because a lot of the points you make in your arguments have been refuted by Blizzard when they recognize those mistakes and say that they won't make them again. You're dismissing what they're saying and then going "no, you'll still repeat the same mistakes."

The tweet about Thal'Dranath shouldn't be referenced as a confirmation for the zone. All he said was that the zone is there, which it was at the time. There have been multiple zones in the expansions which were in the game at the time and were either scrapped completely, or taken out and put in the game later.

They did announce a replacement, they said they have an idea that is better and cooler than what was planned for Thal'Dranath. Blizzard doesn't need to announce the zone, it won't be coming for a while. Thal'Dranath was, again, never announced. All you saw was the name of the zone (which was shortly taken off of the map) and a confirmation that it was currently in the game from Lore. I would argue that we have more details about the replacement zone than we had for Thal'Dranath, mostly because they stated that they actually do have plans to release something. As for Ashran, it was never announced as a replacement for Farahlon. It was something completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    "I was promised an empty patch of sand, and Dammit, I'm entitled to that." ~Paula Deen
    See the video right above your post. I am entitled to that sand. It was shown and called content.

I know I infuriate a lot of you with my constant negativity, but I wouldn't be so negative if I didn't have a damn good reason to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    You're insufferable because of the way you go about your arguments and points, not because you actually have a differing point of view. You constantly cite Warlords of Draenor in your arguments to prove your points, this would be okay if Blizzard hasn't made it clear that they know they fucked up. In the interview today they said that the one expansion a year plan didn't work out. In an interview a few days ago, they said that they stopped making content in Warlords of Draenor because of that plan and it turns out they couldn't bring out Legion in time. Their plan of having two tiers in the expansion was pretty much stated to have happened because they wanted to push out an expansion a year, which would have worked out if they had actually released Legion within whatever internal time frame they originally wanted it to come out.
    Alright. This has nothing at all to do with Farahlon or Thral'dranath. I cite Warlords because its the most recent expansion meaning it is most likely the easiest blueprint for them to use for future content. Its quite clear that is what they did to Class Order Halls existing is evidence of that. They do admit they fuck up, but they don't admit it when its needed they do it after the fact. Just like they did with the Dailies in MoP. Just like they did with Flying. These are things that go back 4 or more years. 4 YEARS. I have been here long enough to know when they are playing the PR game and when they are serious. This is PR shit. This also has literally nothing to do with Farahlon or Thral'dranath.
    The reason why I rant about this is because you have brought up the cancellation of Farahlon in your arguments and the overall fuck up of Warlords of Draenor more than once in your arguments and then go to say that you think that Blizzard will ruin Legion because of their past mistakes.
    As I just said above, these are things they have been pulling for a while now. Its easy to sniff out horseshit when you are accustomed to it. I have never said they will ruin the entire expansion either. There are parts of it that are going to suffer but certain elements, the world content for example, look fantastic. I have not made that a secret either. Just because I am a bit negative doesn't mean I hate everything. That statement to me makes it seem like you don't even read what I say and just immediately assume I am spewing horse shit, which I very rarely do, and when I do, I usually say I was wrong.... usually.
    It's okay to have an opinion like that, but trying to make it a fact is stupid because a lot of the points you make in your arguments have been refuted by Blizzard when they recognize those mistakes and say that they won't make them again. You're dismissing what they're saying and then going "no, you'll still repeat the same mistakes."
    This has literally never happened. Ever. I have never done this. Blizzard has never done this either, atleast in the case of what we are currently discussing.

The tweet about Thal'Dranath shouldn't be referenced as a confirmation for the zone.
    Yes it should and for more confirmation look at the video that Pantupino linked above.

They did announce a replacement, they said they have an idea that is better and cooler than what was planned for Thal'Dranath.
    That is not announcing a replacement. That is PR speak for we have no fucking idea for what goes there. I have been on this train long enough to smell horseshit.

Blizzard doesn't need to announce the zone, it won't be coming for a while.
    They don't need to do anything. If they want players to keep enjoying there games and not talking shit about them, they SHOULD do something.

Thal'Dranath was, again, never announced.
    Yes it was. I already addressed this.

All you saw was the name of the zone (which was shortly taken off of the map) and a confirmation that it was currently in the game from Lore.
    Once again. Already addressed.

I would argue that we have more details about the replacement zone than we had for Thal'Dranath, mostly because they stated that they actually do have plans to release something.
    "We have a cool idea" doesn't equal "This is a replacement."

As for Ashran, it was never announced as a replacement for Farahlon. It was something completely different.
    Yes it quite literally was. They said on Twitter after 6.1 released that Ashran was Farahlon. That happened. They also said Ashran would be getting new shit in 6.2. That never happened either. It isn't completely different. Ashran/Farahlon/6.2 Ashran are the latest patch. They are the latest proof we have that they like to cut shit and use PR Speak to cover it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    To Paula's credit, he seems pretty optimistic of Legion overall outside of the Thal'dranath or whatever.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

There's no point whining about this because what Blizzard says they are or aren't planning doesn't necessarily have a bearing on what they will produce.
    Drop it until we see what they actually are bringing out in the patches, history will vindicate you if they don't add a new zone but if you were whinging and they do add one then you were winding yourself up for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    Exactly. /ten

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats the thing with me. The never said we are getting a replacement. They just said the other content is cool. That isn't confirmation one way or the other. Its why a simple name is enough to placate me.
    It's fine if you want to know the specific plan first. I'm just fine with knowing the number of patches/tiers. I suppose the discussion now becomes what should we be told beforehand and what amount of info is sufficient for different folk, which is a different can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    This.

tenchars

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    To Paula's credit, he seems pretty optimistic of Legion overall outside of the Thal'dranath or whatever.
    This. Some people act like I just hate everything. I don't. I already preordered and I have been subbed throughout this entire drought... although that is more of a fault of having lots of gold than wanting to stay subbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reaver View Post
    It's fine if you want to know the specific plan first. I'm just fine with knowing the number of patches/tiers. I suppose the discussion now becomes what should we be told beforehand and what amount of info is sufficient for different folk, which is a different can of worms.
    This is very true. I, for the most part, have liked how they tried to keep things hidden for Legion so if something did get cut it wouldn't be a big deal. I would also argue that in a time of serious need (When the game is in a 14 Month Drought and everyone is fucking angry) they should be showing more things and taking the risk to get people exciting. This is what they did with WoD. It built up the hype train but then they couldn't deliver on half the shit. They need to find a middle ground.

Its not in there best interest to have to back to back 14 Month Content Droughts and have a 2 Patch Expansion either but they did that anyway.

My point is sometimes to make people happy you have to say things that could damage you.
    Which is exactly what they did by even addressing the question. If they were trying to pull some shitty bait and switch then they wouldve been better served by just ignoring the question.

The droughts/Wod are a different matter. They've said WoD was planned to be a year long and Legion a quick follow up, that plan obviously fell apart. I doubt these people are trying to sabotage their multimillion dollar property so I'm going to guess that they decided it was actually in their interest to delay Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    As I said, it was a planned zone, it was being worked on, then they decided to scrap it and create something else. It is cut content, it's not like Thal'dranath evolved into something else, it got deleted.

Blizzcon (around 53:40)
    I never said it wasn't cut content? I'm saying it's cut content that is getting replaced with new content, where as some people are acting as though we're going to lose a patch over this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if the Invasion appearance sets have to be bought by a class that can wear them or can you farm them all on one character?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    that "nonsense" is retard made. Blizzard NEVER talked about a "mega dungeon"....
    I know, which is why i called it nonsense. I wanted them to make it clear that there's no such thing.