Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You, my friend seem to be the one making the wild assumptions Ciri's fate is never confirmed in the bad ending, everyone assumes she's dead but we never got any proof of her being dead or alive either way. And while yes, Geralt could possibly have survived the several dozen monsters heading his way, the ending still [B]infers[/B] that he dies, but leaves his fate open. Like that of Ciri. Now that's out of the way what I actually want to know is: [B]is Geralts survival or Ciri referenced in any way during the blood and wine expansion if the bad ending was obtained?[/B]
    It does nothing to infer Geralt dies. It shows monsters approaching him of which he has killed hundreds of over the course of the base game. That is implying he dies? Meanwhile it actually literally shows Ciri giving up, if you don't make the right choices to give her the strength to fight.

To each their own but I highly doubt you're going to find many people that agree with your assumptions. The game clearly shows otherwise with how everything is handled and what happened throughout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It does nothing to infer Geralt dies. It shows monsters approaching him of which he has killed hundreds of over the course of the base game. That is implying he dies? Meanwhile it actually literally shows Ciri giving up, if you don't make the right choices to give her the strength to fight.

To each their own but I highly doubt you're going to find many people that agree with your assumptions. The game clearly shows otherwise with how everything is handled and what happened throughout.
    Look, I really don't care to have this debate. I just want an answer to my question.

Look, I really don't care to have this debate. I just want an answer to my question.
    Which you got in the first reply, and didn't like because you tried to assert something as fact that was not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Which you got in the first reply, and didn't like because you tried to assert something as fact that was not.
    So in other words there's no reference at all, right? Just dandelion showing up instead of Ciri if no romance was chosen, not a single word spoken about the ending itself?

Ugh, guess I'll have to play through it myself.

So, just completed blood and wine last night after putting it off for a week, does anyone know what happens if you got the bad(Geralt presumably dies, Ciri is missing if not dead) ending in the original game? Any dialogue in blood and wine explain how Geralt survived? Or is B&W set before the ending for those players?

As far as i know, Ciri still simply appears if you didn't romance anyone, at least that what happens according to some posts that received the Empress Ending, Ciri still shows up as a Witcher, probably true for the Bad ending as well.

B&W hardly mentions the maingame at all, aside from one Dialogue where Regis asks if Geralt found Ciri, this is probably the only dialogue that changes depending on your maingame.

It does nothing to infer Geralt dies. It shows monsters approaching him of which he has killed hundreds of over the course of the base game. That is implying he dies?

Geralt doesn't wield any Sword at this point, one has impaled the last Crown, the other one was planted in the ground for some reason by Geralt.

Fighting back a horde of Necrophages is one thing, doing that without a sword is another story.

Next, Geralt doesn't seem to prepare for a fight at all, he just sits around while the Necrophages basically corner him in a dead end.

Geralt clearly seems to suffer from a depression due Ciri's death, depressed people sometimes choose the easy way out.

Lastly, the bad ending sequence shows no conclusion for Geralt, just shows your decision for Skellige, War conclusion and that Ciri is missing, no lone wolf Geralt, no Triss or Yen.

Does it mean Geralt is dead? No, but those 4 points are a pretty strong hint towards that.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-06-13 at 06:40 PM.

Deleted
    I don't see the problem with TW3's combat, I really don't. I initially didn't like the second game's combat, but I grew used to it and mastered it in the end. Suppose the third is sort of similar situation. I have fun with the combat, I don't know what's the problem especially when compared to Dark Souls. To me it looks bit similar, just more boring to watch with people going roll roll roll stab, roll roll roll, stab.

It's a really well received game in the end, one of the best games to come out in past decade or so. But not even the best of games can appeal to everyone, nor should they try to satisfy everyone. The devs should stick to their guns, their vision and do what they think is best for their game.

Deleted
    Dark Souls is just better at invoking emotions.
    Usually wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trailer made me cringe a bit, but still kinda excited: https://www.playgwent.com/en
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Was a fun distraction in game. No interest in playing a standalone version.

I don't think I have ever played more than 2 games of gwent during about 250h of playtime on witcher3.

I just don't get it. :I

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I don't play Witcher 3 like Dark Souls... Don't know where you got that from.

You've got a separate button for 4 different types of attacking. One for spells, one for crossbow/bomb, one for strong attacks and one for quick attacks. Why? The strong and fast attacks make sense, but why 2 separate buttons for bombs/crossbows and spells? Put that shit on the same button. It's cumbersome and once again it's confusing. You''re not gonna be chucking bombs and using signs at the same time.

Although to be honest, they should just take Dark Souls' combat. It'd make sense for the series and it'd be a lot better than what they have now.
    Actually, you could and should use bombs/crossbows and spells together. Hell, the Dragon's Dream bomb practically begs for this to happen as it's a explosive gas that needs to be activated with something like Igni. No matter what skill path you decide to specialize in, you get full access to bombs, signs, oils, light attacks and strong attacks and there's a reason for it, you're supposed to use them all.

I mainly use Igni, Light attacks, with a mix of strong attacks too. I also recommend taking the Fleet Footed talent because it's works wonders in giving you reliable i-frames on your dodge. Mobs like nekkers, drowners, wolves and the like are very easy to deal with if you AOE them with Igni mixed in with some fast attacks.

The combat is not perfect and it is not as good as Dragon's Dogma or Dark Souls but I think it can be a lot of fun if you utilize all of the tools at your disposal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    Actually, you could and should use bombs/crossbows and spells together. Hell, the Dragon's Dream bomb practically begs for this to happen as it's a explosive gas that needs to be activated with something like Igni. No matter what skill path you decide to specialize in, you get full access to bombs, signs, oils, light attacks and strong attacks and there's a reason for it, you're supposed to use them all.

I mainly use Igni, Light attacks, with a mix of strong attacks too. I also recommend taking the Fleet Footed talent because it's works wonders in giving you reliable i-frames on your dodge. Mobs like nekkers, drowners, wolves and the like are very easy to deal with if you AOE them with Igni mixed in with some fast attacks.

The combat is not perfect and it is not as good as Dragon's Dogma or Dark Souls but I think it can be a lot of fun if you utilize all of the tools at your disposal.
    Indeed. I mostly user Yrden. I drop the Glyph for damage, then drop the ring for slowing. From there, I just dodge around and attack the slowed enemy who is getting stun locked by Yrden. If needed, i'll throw on a Quen, or use Igni to burn and further stun lock.

Initially (levels 1-5) the combat isn't clearly defined. But once you unlock more abilities, and learn the flow of battle, it becomes quite easy, and pretty entertaining.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I don't think I have ever played more than 2 games of gwent during about 250h of playtime on witcher3.

It's no triple triad, that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post

hehe, I play Gwent every chance I get. Running from side quest to side quest can get old after a while, and Gwent is a great break from the tedium.

Main Game and B&W spoilers ahead.

So apparently in Blood and Wine there are various endings and one of them require you to be dumped and to have Ciri die. This means that at the end of the Bad Ending, Geralt decides to live, rather than let the monsters kill them. This makes me happy to be honest, knowing that even when he lost his loved ones he still decides to hold onto his life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Debating getting back into it for the two expansions.

Does Blood and Wine live up to the hype?

http://opencritic.com/game/2704/the-...blood-and-wine

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksen View Post
    Debating getting back into it for the two expansions.

Does Blood and Wine live up to the hype?

http://opencritic.com/game/2704/the-...blood-and-wine
    yes the expansion is absolutely brilliant

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I am finally getting close to completing the main story. Might still have a way to go though since I am only lvl 25, and the first DLC starts at around 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing B&W, and I haven't played since launch, so with all the UI improvements I decided to start over. I stuck to mainly using Sword skills in my original playthrough, but this one I am focusing on Magic and its making things a lot easier. Rushing the Quen upgrade for the Healing Bubble is clutch, but the surprising one for me is the Alt Yrden that produces a Magic Turret. I NEVER used Yrden outside of fighting Wraiths, but its now my go-to spell.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I started playing B&W, and I haven't played since launch, so with all the UI improvements I decided to start over. I stuck to mainly using Sword skills in my original playthrough, but this one I am focusing on Magic and its making things a lot easier. Rushing the Quen upgrade for the Healing Bubble is clutch, but the surprising one for me is the Alt Yrden that produces a Magic Turret. I NEVER used Yrden outside of fighting Wraiths, but its now my go-to spell.
    Yrden is the best! You can take out enemies which are higher level than you, and not take any damage if you keep focused and dodge around the Glyph.