Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Interesting, given if you actually had read my posting history you'd know that I both have a car and fix it up myself.. which definitely precludes "not having a car". It's strange, isn't it, this way that you wish to project this idea that you know everything, that you are the best on this forum.. yet again and again you show your utter ignorance, your basic failings to find the most basic of information with even your "advanced searching techniques". Quite lovely, really, to watch yourself fall flat on the floor over and over.

But again, it goes back to that need to dominate, to control.. can you feel it? Can you feel the lack of control in this forum slipping through your fingers? There's no manager here to berate until you get what you want, but still you have to try, don't you?
    Lol Now I know why her husband is always working late.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's interesting that you don't hold yourself to.the standards you expect of others.
    What standards would that be? I don't care if anyone gets a job or not. Really, I don't. That decision is up to the employer or personnel department. I'm just telling you what their standards normally are. I just run the reports.

it's usually only lower and entry level jobs that are subject to drug testing, background and reference checks anyway.

About the only time a background check is normally performed for a professional position, might be for a government position that requires security clearance, and for that, they're just looking for any indication of risk an applicant might pose to national security.

Professional positions are often recruited, and go by your credentials, performance and reputation. I was recruited before even graduating college, and for every subsequent position since. Only reason I left one job for another, was because I got recruited for better positions, more money. I didn't apply, they called me. Now I'm running my own business, but I was recruited for that as well.

Personnel services isn't my main focus, it's just a sideline. One of the more pleasurable services I perform. My primary focus is nowhere near as pleasant. Not being very nice is an expectation.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting, given if you actually had read my posting history you'd know that I both have a car and fix it up myself.. which definitely precludes "not having a car". It's strange, isn't it, this way that you wish to project this idea that you know everything, that you are the best on this forum.. yet again and again you show your utter ignorance, your basic failings to find the most basic of information with even your "advanced searching techniques". Quite lovely, really, to watch yourself fall flat on the floor over and over.

But again, it goes back to that need to dominate, to control.. can you feel it? Can you feel the lack of control in this forum slipping through your fingers? There's no manager here to berate until you get what you want, but still you have to try, don't you?
    Yeah, yeah, you might wish to go back to Walmart. Maybe they'll take you back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Ladies, please. Let's kiss and make up, this could literally go on forever and both of you are likely not benefiting from this continued interaction.
    I'm finding it hysterical. And a little sad, but not really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I didn't say it required it. Try again.
    Yeah, you said if you were capable of self-delusion, you'd be more successful, so that sounds like you regard it as a requirement.

Doesn't really work that way, but I'd hate to shatter your illusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The physician I was seeing at the time asked me if I ate a lot of leafy green vegetables (which I do, on a daily basis) but never bothered with the bloodwork. I switched physicians after that.

Really I think the problem was that my work is stressful and I was drinking a lot of carbonated calorie-free drinks + coffee, which causes issues on its own. Without getting into "does coffee cause cancer" or "are hot beverages bad for you", I don't think coffee per se is bad for you but I needed to cut back on the caffeine.
    I am a heavy coffee drinker also. Two cups before leaving the house in the morning, and a couple more at work.

Its too bad that a lot of insurance policies do not allow regular bloodwork as part of our preventive care. A comprehensive bloodwork can act as early screening for cholesterol, blood sugar, liver and kidney problems, cancer markers, vitamins & mineral deficiencies, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Lol Now I know why her husband is always working late.
    You ever see the Kitchen Nightmares with that Amy B lady?

I'm definitely getting that vibe.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post

Oh yeah it does. Good old Amy. I used to check their facebook page to see if she went on a rampage but haven't in a while. Might do so now.

Edit check it out: http://www.azcentral.com/story/enter...osed/71722292/
    Last edited by Pangean; 2016-06-17 at 03:18 AM.

Oh gee, didn't know you found my life THAT fascinating, but when I said my husband was working late, I didn't mean at a job. He hasn't been able to return to his job. His skin's still too damaged. He was right across the street, helping one of our neighbors install some windows. They were working at night with floodlights because with skin damage and all, my husband can't spend that much time in the sun. Now, that neighbor has a driveway paving business, so in return for my husband's help with the windows, his crew paved a few of our rentals for us. He just finished all the interior molding tonight, so in return for about 4 days of work, we received, oh, probably a good $6-7k worth of paving work.

As long you're THAT interested, our new neighbor has an auto repair business, but no way to mow his full acre property. So he had his guys come over today and got my husband's old truck running. In return, he's gonna run his tractor over and do their lawn this weekend. We were about to junk that old truck, but they got it runnin like a top. It's about 15 years old, but the body is perfect. Original owner had a very expensive rustproofing treatment, along with about 50 coats of lacquer, so there's not a speck of rust, and it shines like new. Will be nice not having to use the SUV or minivan for materials. So this is absolutely fantastic.

It's really been a great week! thanks for asking!

This is the song that doesn't end. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was. And they'll continue singing it forever just because....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    This is the song that doesn't end. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was. And they'll continue singing it forever just because....
    Lamb Chop rules.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the topic of the thread, look back at me.

Realize you're bringing political bullshit in a stupid thread about yelling at mcdonalds employees. Look down. Look up again.

You're acting like an idiot, and we're not impressed by your anecdotes of screaming at management on the phone until you get what you what. Look over there. Look back.

I'm a fucking kitten, and you should stop screaming about political shit in an a-political thread.

You're probably the biggest asshole among the cats?

- - - Updated - - -

I think i'm going to do Crickett/Ryan EbonHeart shipping henceforth.

Holy shit. If she wasn't trolling she'd be the biggest bitch in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Oh yeah it does. Good old Amy. I used to check their facebook page to see if she went on a rampage but haven't in a while. Might do so now.

Edit check it out: http://www.azcentral.com/story/enter...osed/71722292/
    Maybe Amy B has a sister we never heard about?

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Can't stop laughing right now
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Amy B has a sister we never heard about?

Can't stop laughing right now
    Lol maybe. They sure share the fantasist element.