Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Infracted for calling hooligans scum, hmm, wonder if I will get infracted for saying the sky or is blue or that potatoes are tasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    One of the most disturbing parts about it is that the leadership in Russia (some of them anyway) are actually encouraging the behavior
    Yeah. This really disgusted me the most. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka34 View Post
    Infracted for calling hooligans scum, hmm, wonder if I will get infracted for saying the sky or is blue or that potatoes are tasty.
    I just reported this post.
    Enjoy your ban.

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-06-17 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright here's the deal. This thread is about FOOTBALL. The on the field product. Anything related to football goes here, in this thread on the Sports forum.

Anything hooligan related, you can start a thread about it on the General Off Topic forum, cause while it may be sideways related it has NOTHING to do with actual football.

Further discussion of the hooligan situation outside anything that is DIRECTLY related to the football on the field is banned in this thread and will likely get you in fracted if you don't take the hint to drop the subject.

Deleted
    How did Germany do apart from the result?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    and yet Belgium should have at least equalized in that game.

Conte is easily the best manager at the Euros though.
    Yeah I mean after watching the match I mean Belgium had two/three clear opportunities. So did Italy in fairness. Could have easily gone 2-0 in the first half and game over but yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    They were poor. Götze as their striker just doesn't seem to work out. On paper they are still contenders of course, but on the pitch they haven't lived up to it so far (in my opinion at least).

Deleted
    Not really the most exciting euro so far huh

I have been enjoying it. But as somebody else already mentioned, probably they should have had 8 groups instead of 6, so third places don't possibly qualify for the next round (although on the other hand it makes the third matches matter much more). Since as of now, a lot of teams have shown to be happy with a draw (like Germany and Poland tonight), leading to relatively tame matches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    I just reported this post.
    Enjoy your ban.
    lmao.

Anyway, there was bunting in the pub, fans pulled the russian flag down set it on fire. Fuck me. Atmosphere.

Mods with no clue get the fuck out. Wheres Dev and NG?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm here, just have a bad tooth/gum infection at the moment which, while medicated, is causing me to be in bed a lot. However I've been lurking when awake and modding where needed.

I fully support xskarma and Crissi though, this thread is about the tournament, any other stuff, even if it's slightly related, should go to GenOT.

Now let's get back to predicting how badly Belgium will flop their 2nd game and go out the tournament in the group stage!

Deleted
    Im afraid you'll have an easy one with Ireland. They can't really cope with fast teams.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess I can only hope, would be a shame to see Belgium go out so soon. So much talent in the squad...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I mean after watching the match I mean Belgium had two/three clear opportunities. So did Italy in fairness. Could have easily gone 2-0 in the first half and game over but yes.
    Germany were terrible. The few chances they made were kicked straight at the keeper or a defending player. No imagination, no moments of brilliance, nothing. 97 minutes of boredom. Poland weren't any different, and the few chances they made were completely wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Alright here's the deal. This thread is about FOOTBALL. The on the field product. Anything related to football goes here, in this thread on the Sports forum.

Anything hooligan related, you can start a thread about it on the General Off Topic forum, cause while it may be sideways related it has NOTHING to do with actual football.

Further discussion of the hooligan situation outside anything that is DIRECTLY related to the football on the field is banned in this thread and will likely get you in fracted if you don't take the hint to drop the subject.
    Yay more random mods to crash the party. Please leave the football modding to Crissi and Nerph. They have a good sense of healthy banter vs mindlessly throwing out infractions and making long term users question their use of this site.

Onto the football, surprised Vardy hasnt been tweeting bale saying chat shit get banged son. And nice to see Rodgy actually play Vardy. Shocker he scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    Boateng and Hummels have been superb tonight. This german defense is really strong, their offense is lacking a bit, compared to 2014.
    Commentary after the first game was the opposite. It's not the German team as such as the opponent that make these impressions. Ukraine was attacking quite a lot, Poland was parking the bus.

All in all, I was a bit underwhelmed by the game. The ref was a bit too timid and showed too many yellow cards in the first half, essentially stifling any spirit the game may have gotten... boring game.

- - - Updated - - -

Solid(ish) defense, midfield as usual performed pretty decent... it's up front that we ran into a literal wall of people. And Germans haven't figured out a way to reliably break those. A set piece may have gotten us to the goal, but when you put a 1.30m dwarf as your 9 on the pitch, don't expect many goals from all the crossings...

- - - Updated - - -

Group stages. They are never exciting, because teams get away with draws if all else fails. It'll be more entertaining (dramatic) when we get to the knockout stages.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for clarification if anyone is wondering, I don't mod here. Not my forum.

Predicted draw for Ger - Pol, but thought 1-1 or 2-2. Götze has been pretty much invisible so far this tournament. Germany lacks a potent striker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I'm not a mod anymore, sorry folks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Commentary after the first game was the opposite. It's not the German team as such as the opponent that make these impressions. Ukraine was attacking quite a lot, Poland was parking the bus.

All in all, I was a bit underwhelmed by the game. The ref was a bit too timid and showed too many yellow cards in the first half, essentially stifling any spirit the game may have gotten... boring game.

- - - Updated - - -

Solid(ish) defense, midfield as usual performed pretty decent... it's up front that we ran into a literal wall of people. And Germans haven't figured out a way to reliably break those. A set piece may have gotten us to the goal, but when you put a 1.30m dwarf as your 9 on the pitch, don't expect many goals from all the crossings...

- - - Updated - - -

Group stages. They are never exciting, because teams get away with draws if all else fails. It'll be more entertaining (dramatic) when we get to the knockout stages.
    eheh maybe the 1.30 dwarf jumps like a rabbit

Deleted
    Germany are fucking wank.
    Trying to play like Barcelona.

Just punt it into space and bring on some pace you clowns.

If Milik had his shooting boots on last night it would have been 2-0 Poland.

Also new drinking game: every time Muller demands a free kick take a drink; every time Boateng hits a crossfield pass for Hector take a drink.

Deleted
    So the games today have major significance if you're an England fan. Defeat for Czech Republic and Turkey means that a showdown with Northern Ireland becomes far more likely. The winner of Group B play a third-placed team from either A, C or D. Given that Romania are currently third in Group A with one point, and that defeat for those two Group D teams today would leave them with no points, it'd mean that they'd be unlikely to qualify as a third placed team, leaving the only available option as the third placed team from Group C - currently Northern Ireland. Of course, if Northern Ireland beat Germany, England would end up playing Germany in the second round, assuming Poland don't lose to Ukraine.