Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    They meant 3 raid tiers.
    raiding isn't even really content. it's a dick measuring contest.

real content out in the world, dungeons, dailies, reputations, stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

what? Raiding is a part of content. I don't this to go off-topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    Yes. But the disappointment stems from the blizzards frequent "change of mind". At every blizzcon they say we are going to or have done "Idea 1". They later come back and say "oops Idea 1 was crap so we removed it or changing it" . Players lose the trust. WOD content cut was unacceptable. Some are afraid, rightfully so, that blizzard is going to do a WOD again.

1. Either don't tell anything and give the final product. Stop building hype at Blizzcon then. Don't get anyone's hopes up.
    or
    2. deliver whatever you have promised
    or
    3. if you really think it was a bad idea, tell us the exact specific reasons of why you though it was bad and what makes you think the new idea is good and most importantly what is the guarantee that it will not be removed all together.

Remember you hosted a big event called Blizzcon and announced it there. Some people even pre-purchased Legion. that's like betraying players' trust.

These kind of things lead to uncertainty in players' mind. Some players might have started regretting pre-purchasing WOD. who knows?
    None of what you said really matter. It's still stupid to assume something that Thal'Dranath is X or Y and the new place is going to be worse. It's logically wrong. They can't tell you much about why Thal'Dranath is not good because they haven't told you anything about the place in the first place but its name.

Are you going to feel betrayed for the very simple fact that the name of the new place is simply not Thal'Dranath? We can't do anything but wait and see if they keep their words. According to them there's solid patch plan. Thal'Dranath is just replaced by another place. If it turns out that 3 raid tiers are not true then you can start calling them out but acting like we are getting less content with Thal'Dranth replaced is silly.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-06-17 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

So world content is the only real content - but also dungeons, which aren't out in the world, but raids aren't - which are basically just dungeons for larger groups.

Flawless logic here. If you don't enjoy raids, and don't want to do them, ok, sure, it's not content that you play, but it's still content.

But since we don't know what is going to come in it's place, we can't really judge - it may very well be that instead of Thal'Dranath, we'll get Kul'Tiras or a troll island or something, no way of knowing or making judgement until they tell us what their plan is.

It might've been nice to see what was there, but it'll be interesting to see what they might replace it with. I can't really bring myself to get salty over content that didn't truly exist to me, all it was to me was a name. I hope what replaces it will be to my desires, so that I don't find myself looking at what could've been over what is. But all in all I'm still going into Legion with a desire to smack things till they drop loot.. oh and save Azeroth.. yes.. that's part of the plan.. honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    you really think wanting more content=trolling?
    What content? It was a flat island with a tree on it.

They didn't scrap/cut it, they just reallocated resources.

Deleted
    I'm a blizzard fan don't get me wrong but you are all delusional if you think this is a correct move on their end. IF (really BIG IF) we do get a replacement it's going to be something shitty delivered in patch 7.3 most likely. Stop lying to yourself. WOW is really dying and they don't care except for Cardstone, Heroes of the downsyndrome and other ways to milk you for that sweet $$$.

Legend has it that the new project that is replacing Thal'Dranath is a Ashran for Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    Yes. But the disappointment stems from the blizzards frequent "change of mind". At every blizzcon they say we are going to or have done "Idea 1". They later come back and say "oops Idea 1 was crap so we removed it or changing it" . Players lose the trust. WOD content cut was unacceptable. Some are afraid, rightfully so, that blizzard is going to do a WOD again.

Remember you hosted a big event called Blizzcon and announced it there. Some people even pre-purchased Legion. that's like betraying players' trust.

These kind of things lead to uncertainty in players' mind. Some players might have started regretting pre-purchasing WOD. who knows?
    Noone is forcing you to prepurchase Legion, at least not until the prepatch, at which point you should know what content you are getting at release.

WoD content being cut was unacceptable because of the massive content drought, some content will always be cut, and in the end the question is what we have left, noone is seriously complaining about the Dance studio that was even added to the WotLK box, wotlk was still a good expansion, and that mainly because of good content, and pretty much content. There is no point in judging them by the amount of content they cut, rather than judging by the content they release.

I feel the salt coursing through my veins
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncertain Tea View Post
    He already said that it's being replaced with something they think is cooler. So we're not losing anything, we're just getting something different. No reason to complain.
    Would you be interested in buying a share in the Brooklyn Bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by myrkskog View Post
    I'm a blizzard fan don't get me wrong but you are all delusional if you think this is a correct move on their end. IF (really BIG IF) we do get a replacement it's going to be something shitty delivered in patch 7.3 most likely. Stop lying to yourself. WOW is really dying and they don't care except for Cardstone, Heroes of the downsyndrome and other ways to milk you for that sweet $$$.
    Boy you sure sound like a Blizzard fan, what with your severe distaste of at least two of the last three new games they put out, and an assumption that Blizzard's entire purpose is to make as much money from a sinking ship as possible. Criticism is great and all, but it might be time for you to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Well to be honest such reaction is normal. Being an all-forgivable person who forget how the totally best and #savage expansion ever with #savage orcs and blackjack turned to be the worst, is not

I think, until Blizz actually prove us that they were mistaken in wod but they realised their mistakes and worked to not repeat them, people will be skeptical and toxic. That's how things usually happen in our world. You work for years to gain trust, and you lose that trust in one small mistake. And then you have to work for years again to earn trust again.
    Not really a lot of reactions here is essentially like Bolt winning 5 races in a row. Losing the 6th through a false start self induced error then the world forgetting the first five thinking the sixth is some kind of long as hell track record. Thinking he might false start again understandable but thinking it is a long term trend with no evidence to support that. stupidity imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Of course he is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S89fG1PtFM
    He's always looking for an excuse to bitch about Blizzard.
    Typical HeelvsBabyface. Clickbait title, calls it an "Emergency", with the clickbaity "Scrapped" even though the correct term is "replaced".

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Typical HeelvsBabyface. Clickbait title, calls it an "Emergency", with the clickbaity "Scrapped" even though the correct term is "replaced".
    I actually laughed when i saw his video minutes after visiting this topic.

A 'better' idea. You know. Like Ashran.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    So world content is the only real content - but also dungeons, which aren't out in the world, but raids aren't - which are basically just dungeons for larger groups.

Flawless logic here. If you don't enjoy raids, and don't want to do them, ok, sure, it's not content that you play, but it's still content.

But since we don't know what is going to come in it's place, we can't really judge - it may very well be that instead of Thal'Dranath, we'll get Kul'Tiras or a troll island or something, no way of knowing or making judgement until they tell us what their plan is.
    what i mean, is when they say content, they shouldn't just mean raids. each patch bringing new content should be content across the bored, not just raids. it should be raids, dungeons, all that stuff.

Deleted
    IN YOUR FACE FANBOYS!

cmon, we all saw it coming, it was obvious from the moment it went away...

and no, they did not promise anything instead, they have just "other much cooler ideas" which as we know from history doesnt mean much (garrison shipyard instead of farahlon, anyone? )

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justank View Post
    Boy you sure sound like a Blizzard fan, what with your severe distaste of at least two of the last three new games they put out, and an assumption that Blizzard's entire purpose is to make as much money from a sinking ship as possible. Criticism is great and all, but it might be time for you to move on.
    You can be a Blizzard fan and not like some of their games. You can be a Blizzard fan and criticise some of their decisions. For example: I play Hearthstone every other day or so, I play D3 every season, I think Overwatch is an awful game.

I like how people throw around the word "replaced." Last I checked, nothing of Thal'Dranath was implemented so how can something that doesn't exist be replaced? Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

As for their comments...
    "It won't be a reduction in content delivered to players, just that the team had a better and way cooler idea" Um... scrapping the entire idea of another zone is a reduction in content no matter how you look at it. Even if all the quests were just moved to Suramar, we don't get another zone to play in unless they're adding a different zone... that they're conveniently not sharing with us.

"There are cool new places to explore in the patch content and once players see it they will agree that it is cooler than what Thal'dranath would have been." Yeeeah... A) No one gets to dictate what I will or will not find interesting. B) How can we consider it "cooler" when we have nothing to compare it to.

The way I look at this cut content (and it is the very definition of cut content) is like Blizzard showed me a passenger side profile picture of a car (Expansion).
    They offered to sell me this car.
    They tell me what it has, what it is capable of doing, what features it could come with.
    I agree to buy this car.
    I go to pick up the car and find that the driver side wheels are missing.
    I confront Blizzard with this, they say "We never promised it would have four wheels, we only promised it would be a car."
    I turn the car on and find the power windows do not work, but they do have a manual option. The reverse lights don't work, but the hazard lights do. The windshield sprayers don't work, but the wipers do. So on and so forth. Blizzard would stand by the statement "cars" can do these things. Not THIS car, but other cars could.

Summary: Blizzard is a shoddy salesman, but gets the job done even though they lie through their teeth in all but the legal sense which could get them slapped with a lawsuit. I am a foolish consumer that believed the obvious lies and chose not to look too deeply into the product I was purchasing. And that's why one way or the other, this is my final expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    As many others have already said I don't understand what some ppl are whining about. Thal'Dranath was what, an ink blot on the minimap and nothing more. We've never seen/known anything at all about what the zone was gonna be, I don't care if they scrapped it, replaced it or whatever. As long as they'll deliver more content patch during this expansion I'll be fine.
    Is a new zone really that important? And what's better, a completely new zone with crappy content, or some nice extra content in some existing zone? I'd prefer the latter.