Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    IN YOUR FACE FANBOYS!

cmon, we all saw it coming, it was obvious from the moment it went away...

and no, they did not promise anything instead, they have just "other much cooler ideas" which as we know from history doesnt mean much (garrison shipyard instead of farahlon, anyone? )
    If you think Farahlon got scrapped to make way for the shipyard you are beyond the most stupid person I have ever met.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazurath View Post
    I like how people throw around the word "replaced." Last I checked, nothing of Thal'Dranath was implemented so how can something that doesn't exist be replaced? Sounds like wishful thinking to me.
    Well, the idea got replaced at least. If TD was meant to be more of the same then I am certainly open to them doing something else. The way Isle of thunder was different from the rest, that's what they should be aiming for. And with the major n'zoth tie-ins they could focus on making something Old God-themed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Relax. They said they had a better idea and conceptually Thal'dranath was more of "oh boy night elf ruins"
    but you're not understanding how the thal dranath island model could of been molded into something that wasn't night elf ruins

saving them some time to make future content

instead they are completely removing the island model which has hours of work done on it already
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

7+ Year Old Account
    I knew it i said it now you see. Blizzard is fucking community once again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    instead they are completely removing the island model which has hours of work done on it already
    Yeeeah I don't think it takes them hours to draw out a vague blobby circle, paint brown untextured matte over the surface and write "THAL'DRANATH" in MS Paint hand-drawn text....

Cause that's as far as they got with actual implementation.

In the very same interview they talked about how they're going to be having more patches and a longer expansion this time around. The selective reading of this community just so they have something to bitch about... I'd like to say it's astounding but I'm not even surprised any more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    I knew it i said it now you see. Blizzard is fucking community once again
    YEAH!! Fucking Blizzard! How dare they concept something that never made it to development. They never did this shit in the GOLDEN AGE of Wrath...

-quietly hides Old Kingdom, Gundrak, Crystalsong Forest, and the Vrykul raid under the rug-

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    I'd hate to be your employer if you consider that hours of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Forgive me for being skeptical. I'm fully expecting "We thought of something cooler" to be preemptive damage control for more cut content immediately after WoD.
    I think the mistake that WoD was taught them a lesson. Yes cut content is boring, yes people will unsub and yes WoD 2.0 will be every ones last nail.

Imagine if Thal'dranah was tanaan jungle 2.0, would ya still miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Yeeeah I don't think it takes them hours to draw out a vague blobby circle, paint brown untextured matte over the surface and write "THAL'DRANATH" in MS Paint hand-drawn text....

Cause that's as far as they got with actual implementation.

In the very same interview they talked about how they're going to be having more patches and a longer expansion this time around. The selective reading of this community just so they have something to bitch about... I'd like to say it's astounding but I'm not even surprised any more.
    They were well along sculpting the coast and adding foliage before it was removed from the world map. There are videos showing as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Thal'dranath
    Thal'dranath will not be part of Legion.
    It won't be a reduction in content delivered to players, just that the team had a better and way cooler idea.
    Thal'dranath was yet another ancient elven ruined island that has a heavy Legion presence. There is already a lot of that in Broken Isles.
    There are cool new places to explore in the patch content and once players see it they will agree that it is cooler than what Thal'dranath would have been.

Suramar and Storytelling
    New content will be added to Suramar during Legion.
    There is a good portion of the story of the Nightfallen and Nightborne in the initial release, but there is more of that story to tell.
    There were lost opportunities in Warlords, such as the story of Shattrath, the Shadow Council's assault on Shattrath, and the Arakkoa."

Do not cry. Fight. Win. Prevail. All is nit lost. Blame the hardcore players. They want more raids which cuts content for others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    They were well along sculpting the coast and adding foliage before it was removed from the world map. There are videos showing as much.
    I see a few rocks and seaweed doodads along the coast at most. I can't find any video which shows any real work put into this area. Compared to something like the cut content in Azjol'Nerub or the Neptulon raid, this is absolutely nothing. The devs probably waste more of their time chatting about the latest sporting event in one afternoon than the time that was so far put into Thal'dranath's actual development.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    If you think Farahlon got scrapped to make way for the shipyard you are beyond the most stupid person I have ever met.
    Out of curiosity, you know it won't be something like that from where? Ion never said a word about waht this "much cooler idea" will be. Looking at the size of Thal' Dranath i would guess the "much cooler thing" will be also much smaller. I would love to see them prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Well, the idea got replaced at least. If TD was meant to be more of the same then I am certainly open to them doing something else. The way Isle of thunder was different from the rest, that's what they should be aiming for. And with the major n'zoth tie-ins they could focus on making something Old God-themed.
    Well don't get the facts all messed up. THEY SAID the idea is replaced in theory. After all those cool things that have been announced for WoD i am a little more careful about believing everything someone from Blizzard has to say about "future content". Not that i want to call them liars, but it is best to be hyped about unseen content when it hits the servers.
    On the other side..... the fact that Ion has been a lawyer before coming to Blizz makes him a good person for public relations, as he probably knows best about ways to talk them selves out of difficult situations.

In short:
    - Farahlon.... erm Thal' Dranath being scraped is.... no so good, leaves a bad taste
    - Thal' Dranath will be replaced with something much cooler? Well well see what that will be when they announce it.

As long as it isn't the "much cooler than housing"-Garrison or the "Much cooler ground content that makes you forget about flying" it can actually be good. But before i don't see it i won't believe a single word they say, since they only say and never "promise" (what a joke).

Deleted
    ''There are cool new places to explore in the patch content and once players see it they will agree that it is cooler than what Thal'dranath would have been.''
    Read this, it's not scrapped. I honestly believe that Thal'dranath would be an isle like the Eye of Azshara isle in Legion atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Imagine if Thal'dranah was tanaan jungle 2.0, would ya still miss it?
    We will never know. It could have been the best elves ruins zones of all times with hours of compelling and fun content.
    Some people seem to say "oh blizz said they have planned Thal' to be a further boring zone with elve ruins" instead of asking "WHY didn't you make Thal' Dranath into something special from the very first concept? Why did you make a boring repeated concept at all?"
    All you do is taking Blizzards word for granted without ever knowing or seeing the real concept, and don't ask why they make such stupid design ideas in the first place. I think of making a game to be like: Make every aspect as awesome as possible, and not "making some awesome, but oh over there this zone, we make it standart crap".

Even though they said something better is replacing it, they really should be more careful about what they are promising.
    If they announce something and they don't deliver, even if its the worst thing in the history of wow, it damages the game big time.

And this guy (Ion) doesn't know how to talk, can we have a person who is less arrogant do the talking?
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-06-17 at 08:43 AM.

In the end they already told us what's coming:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Suramar and Storytelling
    New content will be added to Suramar during Legion.
    There is a good portion of the story of the Nightfallen and Nightborne in the initial release, but there is more of that story to tell.
    So, that's probably all folks to the story of gaining something "cooler". And as Arrclyde-79 said: Thal'dranath was probably too big for them, so instead we might get a new Timeless Isle before the coast of suramar and that's then everything with the "cooler" content.

Also what makes everyone thing that Nicht elf ruins must be something boring? Does the world go down if there isn't new content related to Humans and Orcs? Sorry, but i'm definitively not sold for "cooler" content; they probably give us a new daily-hub or hey, new quests on the world map, that's all folks. My faith in blizzard has vanished when they scrapped Karabor for much cooler content on (Tr)ashran!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    In Pandaria we were fighting who?

Certainly not Pandarens.
    Is Legion a name of a continent? Apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Is it replaced by something similar? We don't know? Is it replaced by an island? we don't know. What does it mean that it's cooler? We don't know. For all I know, it could be replaced by a rock with 3 npcs helping you log to social networks from within the game... but of course, I'm probably wrong... but we don't know. So, until we do know more details, Thal'dranath was scrapped and it was replaced with words. Like promises. Like the promise of Farahlon, remember that great zone? I don't, since it was scrapped.

So it was going to be an island with night elf ruins. Doesn't sound so bad. They went a different direction? Well, fair enough, which direction did they go towards? Oh wait, we don't know. And why couldn't they simply change what was on Thal'danath instead? Maybe just change its shape, rename it, whatever, put different types of content?
    Actually you had zero idea it was night elf ruins until he said so. Hell, you didn't even know it was an island. Could have been a zit on the back of a sea giant named Thal'danath. Because all it was was a word on fucking paper. That's it. What in ever living hell are you people freaking out over. God I hate this damn community. You wanna be fucking pissed about something, be pissed about fucking Aerial Combat in Wintergrasp. That shit was at least on the fucking box the disc came on. This was a word on a map. Did the name give you a damn hardon or something? Next Blizzcon is just gonna show a map with question marks on it. " Something may be here. Something may be there. We can't fucking say because the community is full of whiny bitches" yay Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    Actually you had zero idea it was night elf ruins until he said so. Hell, you didn't even know it was an island. Could have been a zit on the back of a sea giant named Thal'danath. Because all it was was a word on fucking paper. That's it. What in ever living hell are you people freaking out over. God I hate this damn community. You wanna be fucking pissed about something, be pissed about fucking Aerial Combat in Wintergrasp. That shit was at least on the fucking box the disc came on. This was a word on a map. Did the name give you a damn hardon or something? Next Blizzcon is just gonna show a map with question marks on it. " Something may be here. Something may be there. We can't fucking say because the community is full of whiny bitches" yay Blizzcon.
    We knew that it was an island, and that it would have had - for obvious reasons - a night elf theme. Regardless, enjoy your timeout!

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Lol, Damn dude, i'm not saying blizzard is 100% lying. I'm saying if you 100% believe this, than your a sucker. i don't even know what the fuck you are on about. So much hyperbole, relax.
    People like you fucking whining nonstop is exhausting. You are toxic to the community and it would be far better off without you and your lot. That's the point. You are a leech to the community, and if you never touched the internet or another computer again, we would all be better off

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Oh maybe you missed it early on, i don't care if someone is cool being called a sucker or not. I'm still gonna call them that though, because that's what they are, whether they like it or not. If they can't deal with it, maybe they shouldn't be one? But then, I don't care.
    As long as you're cool being called a dipshit for playing a game still that you already stated you absolutely hate

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    I mean, we knew it was an island. But yeah, content that was slated for patch content being replaced with diff content is not cut content. It wasn't like we were getting both now only 1.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzs View Post
    Wod all over again?
    Fucking idiots like this is why devs now keep their mouth shut. In development, anything can be cut at any time for any reason. Nothing is promised!