Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    I guess we will find out how to get the arcane one if we find this guy

http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=111704...epherd-metcalf

Sadly, "The location of this NPC is unknown" for now ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    It sucks for me that none of my guildies enjoy exploring otherwise I'd pay them 2 mil gold to find out how you get the Fire Mage hidden artifact. The Stars Design.
    I want that skin so badly, so I can make a White Power Ranger Mog simply for the chuckles.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    I haven't seen anything "hidden" in the game not being exposed on wowhead before.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I haven't seen anything "hidden" in the game not being exposed on wowhead before.
    It's easy actually, and it has happened before too. Remember that Borean murloc pet?
    WoWhead can tell us that things exist, and we know that these skins exist. It can't always detect where they exist though.
    WoWhead's mob positional data is all gathered by people running the WoWhead addon, and not through datamining, for example, because mobs don't inherently carry that information around with them (because they can appear in multiple places).
    Datamining can give you only very specific kinds of data. Blizzard can hide things by inserting them into the gaps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It's easy actually, and it has happened before too. Remember that Borean murloc pet?
    WoWhead can tell us that things exist, and we know that these skins exist. It can't always detect where they exist though.
    WoWhead's mob positional data is all gathered by people running the WoWhead addon, and not through datamining, for example, because mobs don't inherently carry that information around with them (because they can appear in multiple places).
    Datamining can give you only very specific kinds of data. Blizzard can hide things by inserting them into the gaps.
    To be more precise, I doubt trying to find it with on your own or even with your guild is going to beat everyone else in the game that might expose it sooner. There is a chance of course but I doubt it's worth worrying about it.

Ah, well it's true that once it is found by someone it shall become widespread.
    Not searching yourself if you want to means that time may take longer though. Someone has to be first :P

Am still taking suggestions btw of places to check for the frostfire skin for frost Mage in Frostfire ridge. Will check out any posted here.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried it out with the known Disc Priest books and you CAN find these items on the ptr and likely pre patch so go ahead and search yourself too
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Am still taking suggestions btw of places to check for the frostfire skin for frost Mage in Frostfire ridge. Will check out any posted here.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried it out with the known Disc Priest books and you CAN find these items on the ptr and likely pre patch so go ahead and search yourself too
    I've heard that Combat [ugh] Rogues can spot the Priest books with a "find treasure" skill. Why not just use one and run through the ridge for ~10 minutes to see if there is something there?

Personally, judging by the looks of the appearance, I'd think there'd be something in Ulduar.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing of note, I've found 2 NPCS that have given me free Artifact power and a brief RP showbfrom having Felo. One is in Azsuna near illidari stand, the other is the blacksmith in dalaran.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    I've heard that Combat [ugh] Rogues can spot the Priest books with a "find treasure" skill. Why not just use one and run through the ridge for ~10 minutes to see if there is something there?

Personally, judging by the looks of the appearance, I'd think there'd be something in Ulduar.
    I've been using this method to search for all three of the mage hidden skins and I've yet to come up with anything. However, I have a feeling that the methods of obtaining these skins simply aren't implemented yet. As an example, the community has successfully found all twelve of the volumes needed to receive the Discipline hidden skin, but the NPC that wants the volumes won't take them from you at the moment.