Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well if they have something more cool and better idea, great. lets just hope they actually deliver

Am I the only one around hoping they're replacing generic Night Elf Island #870293845 with Zandalar? It brings trolls back in since they haven't really had any expansion on their lore other than their apparent Alliance with the Thunder King in MoP, and it'd be interesting to see a new troll dungeon/raid or combination of them, especially if it turns out that N'zoth's prison is perhaps ON Zandalar and influencing the Loa in some way. They could even be in League with Azshara for all we know.

Hell, they could even use this to explain why Vol'jin is unable to heal from his wounds; the corrupted Loa could have abandoned him.

Then everyone is happy because we don't get scrapped content, get new troll content which has been a long time coming, and also get more lore/content for the Old Gods as well. I'd love to see some aquatic troll variants...

Deleted
    So it begins..

Wanted to post the meme, is that against forum rules ?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yes. Its called 'waiting and seeing before putting money down', an alien concept in the age of the 'get hype' consumer i know.
    people are slowly learning it though - look what happened to all poor idiots to put money into everquest next & landmark scam

same it with legion - ofc people are cautious after being scammed with WoD - and signs like removal of tel draansh , no flying for whole year , nothing but promises for more tiers which could end up being fake just like faralon in wod - people dont trust blizzard and they are right
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-06-17 at 11:14 AM.

I have a bit of hunch that they are funneling that resource to next expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    God forbid someone have different opinion! Its better to be a skeptic and spend money AFTER checking the quality rather than blindly rushing to lick blizzard's ass clean whenever they make a game . (Btw you missed a spot)
    Ironic that you're accusing me of eating shit when people like you do nothing but talk shit.
    But whatever. It's no skin off my nose. You can sit around with your thumb up your ass while the rest of us enjoy the new content. I think what we've seen in Beta is worth the price of admission alone.
    Nothing stopping you from unsubbing later when you've tried everything out and want to wait for a later patch. Though if you're not keeping your sub active through WoW tokens, you're doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2016-06-17 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    ์That's fine I never preorder myself but you will miss all content when they are current though because Blizzard doesn't give detail of patches until they are quite close to releasing thos patches.
    Do you? does it go away? does it get locked off?

There is no reason to buy legion at launch unless you are part of a hardcore raid team. None. Buying after the first patch only means you start with more content to do while waiting to see its not another warlords level trainwreck you would wish you didnt purchase to begin with.

I still love WoW, but the current dev team is not the team that made the game to begin with bar a very small number of names. The current team has not earned my trust as a consumer, if anything warlords merely made me suspicious of their product.

So rather than bitch and moan on the internet all day i check the updates, i watch and wait. The game will launch, everyone and their dog will buy it hoping its "like the good old days again" and i will just save my money until the patch cycle begins and we see if the other shoe drops or not. If it looks good i get more content to play with straight away, if its another "patch 6.1: garrison update" level trainwreck i can save my money this time and simply not support such poor development and end up as another bitter person online complaining about wasting their money again because they didnt wait and see for some reason i cannot fathom as the launch content is not going anywhere.

Blizzard needs to earn my trust again as a consumer, thats on them to do so with how they support legion post launch. If they fail to do so again i can stick with FFXIV and just save the money and i lose nothing, if its great then i buy it later and still have a good time missing out on no content.

So i can be patient and wait and see what the product is that they release rather than buy day one. Its WoWs sink or swim time for me as a customer of it and im not putting money down until they prove its got legs again. Otherwise i simply stick with what i have now that makes WoD look like hot trash.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-06-17 at 11:32 AM.

Blizz puts a box in a room. Blizz then takes the box out of the room.

Players imagine that this box contained all the greatest goodies in the world and Blizz is just too big of a jerk to let them have it. They will persist in this even if the box was always empty.

No amount of candy or toys Blizz could possibly throw out will ever compare to what could have been inside that box.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post

Players imagine that this box contained all the greatest goodies in the world and Blizz is just too big of a jerk to let them have it. They will persist in this even if the box was always empty.

No amount of candy or toys Blizz could possibly throw out will ever compare to what could have been inside that box.
    Conversely, that box could have been filled with a big steaming turd and then the person who opened the box would complain about it.
    "Ugh! Blizzard! Why'd you give me a big steaming turd! I hate you! QQunsub!"
    Blizzard will never win. Everything they do is wrong in narrow minded peoples eyes.

Do you? does it go away? does it get locked off?

There is no reason to buy legion at launch unless you are part of a hardcore raid team. None. Buying after the first patch only means you start with more content to do while waiting to see its not another warlords level trainwreck you would wish you didnt purchase to begin with.

I still love WoW, but the current dev team is not the team that made the game to begin with bar a very small number of names. The current team has not earned my trust as a consumer, if anything warlords merely made me suspicious of their product.

So rather than bitch and moan on the internet all day i check the updates, i watch and wait. The game will launch, everyone and their dog will buy it hoping its "like the good old days again" and i will just save my money until the patch cycle begins and we see if the other shoe drops or not. If it looks good i get more content to play with straight away, if its another "patch 6.1: garrison update" level trainwreck i can save my money this time and simply not support such poor development and end up as another bitter person online complaining about wasting their money again because they didnt wait and see for some reason i cannot fathom as the launch content is not going anywhere.
    The start of an xpac is always the most fun, also raiding. My way is to just unsub when it gets boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post

This is accurate. lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    Ion Hazzikostas just confirmed it during the Q/A, Thal'Dranath is scrapped, we all knew it wouldn't be there for release, but this time he said that it wont ever make it into the game

He also said Blizzard has a better idea instead, I wonder if it will be another island or something else

Your thoughts ?
    At least they are replacing it with something else! It sounds like from the Q&A notes that they are understanding they need to space content better / product more content between expansions to avoid a rush for the exits like WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Ironic that you're accusing me of eating shit when people like you do nothing but talk shit.
    But whatever. It's no skin off my nose. You can sit around with your thumb up your ass while the rest of us enjoy the new content. I think what we've seen in Beta is worth the price of admission alone.
    Nothing stopping you from unsubbing later when you've tried everything out and want to wait for a later patch. Though if you're not keeping your sub active through WoW tokens, you're doing it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    You're the one who is rabbidly defending Blizzard. And I'm the fan who think he was treated like an idiot in WoD, WoD had only ONE major patch, was full of half assed lore and sub stories, and it didnt even have a good ending, like, an ending that made sense. They tried to cover it up with timewalking, but im not gonna pay monthly to do dungeons that I had done before in previous expansion, I pay to see fresh content and see how the lore of the game unfold.

And I, as a fan, tell you, that its not good for a company to show something and then say the shown content was "cut" , and then just promise to replace it with something else! Fk that, show me what its gonna be replaced with, "Thal'Dranath was just an elven ruin with lots of demons! We decided that Legion has enough of that already!" Well then, show us what this "replacement zone" contains.

WoD had the least amount of content, who's to say the shit's not gonna happen again? You??? Are you a blizzard representative? Of course not, but you'll keep defending Blizzard even if they outright announce that Legion will have no major patches a few months after its release.

Deleted
    You're the one who is rabbidly defending Blizzard. And I'm the fan who think he was treated like an idiot in WoD, WoD had only ONE major patch, was full of half assed lore and sub stories, and it didnt even have a good ending, like, an ending that made sense. They tried to cover it up with timewalking, but im not gonna pay monthly to do dungeons that I had done before in previous expansion, I pay to see fresh content and see how the lore of the game unfold.

And I, as a fan, tell you, that its not good for a company to show something and then say the shown content was "cut" , and then just promise to replace it with something else! Fk that, show me what its gonna be replaced with, "Thal'Dranath was just an elven ruin with lots of demons! We decided that Legion has enough of that already!" Well then, show us what this "replacement zone" contains.

WoD had the least amount of content, who's to say the shit's not gonna happen again? You??? Are you a blizzard representative? Of course not, but you'll keep defending Blizzard even if they outright announce that Legion will have no major patches a few months after its release.
    Holy shit man.. you are one salty person.
    Maybe you should go do something else for a while, this seems very unhealthy.

I'm hoping for a demon world we will (try to) conquer. Don't think it will be Argus but some other Legion stronghold like Mardum would be nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Holy shit man.. you are one salty person.
    Maybe you should go do something else for a while, this seems very unhealthy.
    Im not the guy who starts insulting people because they have a different opinion from me.

If you wanna rush head long into the expansion, fine by me, its your money and go for it. But fk you if you insult others for not being as optimistic and carefree as you are with their money.

From what I've seen, Legion isn't in danger of lacking in the content department with or without Thal'Dranath. And as long as that holds, who cares. Farahlon was only a huge upset because the expansion in and of itself was so extremely lackluster in the content department.

Deleted
    Im not the guy who starts insulting people because they have a different opinion from me.

If you wanna rush head long into the expansion, fine by me, its your money and go for it. But fk you if you insult others for not being as optimistic and carefree as you are with their money.
    Insult you? Where did I do that? This has been my first post ever talking to you.

I don't care either way I ordered legion and will play for a month or 2 for the story and then quit again anyway.
    I don't get to hung up on what they may or may not put into the game as I work in the development life cycle my self and things change all the time.
    Thats why they don't make promises anymore (most of you still think they do because "they showed you something" which is a promise to you guys).

I played this game for 11 years with a good amount of breaks in between but man you need to calm down.
    You look like you will get a heart attack one of these days.

At least they were honest this time and stated outright that it was scrapped instead of stringing us along until mid expansion.
    I'm not gonna defend WoD. But they have made some great content in the past, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and a chance to redeem themselves. But Legion is their last chance.

As for cut content. Think back to the Gamescom reveal and Blizzcon last year. How much of the stuff that was announced for Legion has actually made it into the game? Pretty much all of it, iirc.
    Thal'Dranath was only seen briefly on an old map of the Broken Isles. They didn't even talk about it, they merely handwaved it as something that would be coming in a later patch. Clearly they had a change of plans since then and want to put something else in its place.

Remember their plans to add Azjol-Nerub as a zone. flying combat and the dance studio in Wrath which ended up being cut? It was disappointing at the time and yet Wrath is widely considered one of the best expansions.

Cut content isn't the problem. The inability to add things to supplement it is, which is what happened with WoD. I don't think Blizzard are stupid enough to repeat that mistake again while tension is so high. Even then, I think people are just being overly cynical and blowing things out of proportion as usual.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2016-06-17 at 12:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Insult you? Where did I do that? This has been my first post ever talking to you.

I don't care either way I ordered legion and will play for a month or 2 for the story and then quit again anyway.
    I don't get to hung up on what they may or may not put into the game as I work in the development life cycle my self and things change all the time.
    Thats why they don't make promises anymore (most of you still think they do because "they showed you something" which is a promise to you guys).

I played this game for 11 years with a good amount of breaks in between but man you need to calm down.
    You look like you will get a heart attack one of these days.
    I was refering to the other guy who insilted me for being skeptical. Hence the tone of the post you quoted on.

I dont know if you're trolling, or are geniuinely concerned. But yeah, good for you for pre ordering, like i said its your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    We will never know. It could have been the best elves ruins zones of all times with hours of compelling and fun content.
    Some people seem to say "oh blizz said they have planned Thal' to be a further boring zone with elve ruins" instead of asking "WHY didn't you make Thal' Dranath into something special from the very first concept? Why did you make a boring repeated concept at all?"
    All you do is taking Blizzards word for granted without ever knowing or seeing the real concept, and don't ask why they make such stupid design ideas in the first place. I think of making a game to be like: Make every aspect as awesome as possible, and not "making some awesome, but oh over there this zone, we make it standart crap".
    We will never know. True.
    It could have been the best elves ruins zones of all times with hours of compelling and fun content.

It may have been a good idea in the beginning, but that probably changed later in development, where it was out of place, or redundant. It isn't like they promised Dalaran, then changed their minds, scrapping it and giving us 2 little shitty outposts.